Battle Predictions!  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win this duel?

• Wes (I think I am here.)
    • Deteca (AonEne)

4 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“So you give away the good cookies and keep the bad ones for yourselves?” Wes asked, before getting smacked by all of the punches and stumbling back a couple steps. “It seems I would have gotten a bad deal even if I did steal the cookies.”

He prepared to lurch for the gun but his glasses fell on the sandy ground and suddenly Wes was almost completely blind. He crouched down, scrambling for them. “Oh, colours,” he said. “Colours, colours, colours.”

"No, we give away good cookies, keep good cookies, and usually throw away the bad cookies that we don't eat, which aren't too many," Deteca said, warily circling around him as he went down to get his glasses. "The point is, we would've given you a cookie if you'd just asked, no need to steal." She grabbed the gun, then finally figured out how to turn off the safety and aimed it at him from behind. 

A young man entered the stands. He was tan with dark hair and seemed uncertain of being there. His name was Timothy Smith and he had absolutely no relation to the Acutes, despite looking as though he could be a cousin.

He took a seat next to Crow.

"They really are bad at this," Timothy said, watching the two fail epically at dueling.

@Ark1002

On 04/10/2019 at 1:42 AM, AonEne said:

“No, we give away good cookies, keep good cookies, and usually throw away the bad cookies that we don't eat, which aren't too many," Deteca said, warily circling around him as he went down to get his glasses. "The point is, we would've given you a cookie if you'd just asked, no need to steal." She grabbed the gun, then finally figured out how to turn off the safety and aimed it at him from behind. 

“I won’t let you down, random spectator!” Wes called out and turned, stared at the gun, safety turned off, pointing right at him. Oh dear. He put his hands up. What could he do. “I didn’t know that,” he said, responding to her again. “Maybe you guys should put more signs stating that instead of, in my defence, making those cookies really easy to steal, as well as explaining to me what you guys do in the duel!”

He threw his cloak upwards in front of him as a distraction, and then ducked, grabbing dirt in both of his hands and lunging forward, trying to throw the dirt at her face, and trying to knock the gun out of her hands.

“Maybe we will put up a -“ Deteca cut off as he threw dirt at her. Some of it got in her eyes; she coughed and backed away, trying to wipe the sting out of her eyelids with one hand while holding the gun, not pointing at anything anymore, tightly in the other. 

On 06/10/2019 at 2:48 AM, AonEne said:

“Maybe we will put up a -“ Deteca cut off as he threw dirt at her. Some of it got in her eyes; she coughed and backed away, trying to wipe the sting out of her eyelids with one hand while holding the gun, not pointing at anything anymore, tightly in the other. 

“Aha! You for fell for my dirt attack!” He said as he tried to grab the gun but failed; she was holding it too tightly. So he quickly flipped the safety back on, and in addition flipped the frame safety on too, hopefully she wouldn’t know how to turn that one back on. Taking off his bracer he finally threw it at her head in an amazing technique he’d seen in the KickBoxer 2: Rise of the Super Kick video-game he used to play.

6 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

and in addition flipped the frame safety on too, hopefully she wouldn’t know how to turn that one back on. 

*Ene doesn't know what a frame safety is* Uh, yeah, Deteca will be confused :ph34r: 

When Wes did something to her gun, Deteca rubbed the dust out of her eyes and looked at it. Oh, the safety again. She switched it off with an exhale, and then a metalmind smacked into the side of her head; she screamed slightly and ran a few steps backward, trying to duck away. One hand felt at her head. Ow. Bruised. Let's hope I don't have a concussion or something. She shook her head, then aimed the gun at Wes's arm and fired. Or...tried to fire, because nothing happened. 

She glared at her gun, then gave up on it and, logically, took the next step of throwing it at his head. 

Let's throw useful pieces of metal at each other, shall we? She's not concussed. 

I wonder what the spectators’ reactions are to her just throwing a gun at Wes :P

“I am prepared for all attacks, from any direction, like a 360 degree GoPro.”

Wes remembered the iconic line from the movie he’d been watching earlier (which totally wasn’t being paid for product placement, he thought) as he considered all possibilities of what Deteca could do. Well, he considered all possibilities except for the one where she just plain yeeted (:P) the pistol at him. Yelping Wes stepped back and tripped over, dropping into the sand but ducking before the gun could hit him, flopping onto the sand beside him.

Scrambling over he grabbed the gun, flipping off both safeties. He stood up and pointed the barrel towards Deteca. Taking a deep breath before firing all of the bullets in her general direction, not caring for aiming. Some bullets missed, some bullets could have not, Wes didn’t pay attention as he emptied the magazine.

I think you just made history with the first use of the word yeet in the Alleyverse. :P

The gun missed him, and Deteca watched as the young assassin did things to the gun, then pointed it at her. She dropped to the ground as he fired - the gun worked for him; unfair, she really had to take a lesson on using these things - and shot every bullet wildly in her direction. She landed on her chest, wincing slightly, and felt a whisk of air on her arm, hearing the crack and boom of the weapon going off. 

It was a tense few seconds, then Wes ran out of ammunition. She didn’t have any on her, that was all that had been in the arena, and so when she exhaled, it was relieved. She pushed herself to her knees. 

And then her adrenaline ran out, and she felt a powerful heat climbing her bicep. Looking at it in dismay, Deteca realized that it hadn’t been a breeze from bullets passing that she’d sensed heartbeats earlier - it was one of them scraping her arm. It wasn’t a huge gash, but it pulsed burning waves of die die die up her limb, and she stared at it stupidly for a moment before pressing it hard to her side, trying to staunch the bleeding as much as she could. 

Make it to the end of the duel and we’ll both get healed, Deteca thought. She scrabbled for the cloak Wes had dropped earlier and began tying it around her arm while backing away: it was hard to knot, but she did it. She had more experience with this than she did fighting. 

She faced him warily, not sure how next to proceed, then noticed a silvery sheen on the ground next to her. She darted down and grabbed it quickly, sending it barely a glance, just enough to see that it was the bendalloymind he’d thrown at her, and waited for him to make the next move. 

It was a standoff, like something out of a Western.

Wes, with the gun, but all out of bullets.

Deteca, with the bendalloymind, but with a bullet wound.

Wes looked down at the gun. It was useless it’s current form, he knew that. And without gunpowder from the bullets, it wasn’t like he could start turning it into a bomb as well. Quickly Wes dismantled the gun into its component parts, taking out the gun’s slide and magazine, and snapping the tip of them against the ground to make them sharp. Two makeshift knives were better than nothing.

Looking at Deteca. He waved. “Sorry for the sand thing,” he said. “And the bullet.”

He gestured to her arm and threw a bunch of random screws and bolts from the gun to try and distract her before attempting to take a stab with the knives.

19 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

He waved. “Sorry for the sand thing,” he said. “And the bullet.”

He gestured to her arm and threw a bunch of random screws and bolts from the gun to try and distract her before attempting to take a stab with the knives.

“Sorry for getting my blood on your cloak,” Deteca answered, dodging to the side, away from the thrown metal. It was a good thing he wasn’t a Coinshot or Lurcher. When he went to stab her, she held up the bendalloy bracer, catching the makeshift blades on it. 

Which was the reason I picked it up - there’s not much else she can do with it unless she wants to go for blunt force trauma again. Which she might. :P 

On 14/10/2019 at 4:32 AM, AonEne said:

“Sorry for getting my blood on your cloak,” Deteca answered, dodging to the side, away from the thrown metal. It was a good thing he wasn’t a Coinshot or Lurcher. When he went to stab her, she held up the bendalloy bracer, catching the makeshift blades on it. 

Wes’ knives were blocked, and he looked up in surprise at Deteca. Using his own bracer against him. But while she had one bracer, Wes had knives. Plural, he thought smugly, trying to keep the bracer occupied with one of the knives and separating the other from the lock, attempting to stab her in the midriff.

“If we’re still apologising, sorry for stabbing you.”

Just to be clear, he hasn’t stabbed her yet. He’s just apologising prematurely :P

On 10/17/2019 at 7:35 AM, I think I am here. said:

Wes’ knives were blocked, and he looked up in surprise at Deteca. Using his own bracer against him. But while she had one bracer, Wes had knives. Plural, he thought smugly, trying to keep the bracer occupied with one of the knives and separating the other from the lock, attempting to stab her in the midriff.

“If we’re still apologising, sorry for stabbing you.”

And there was the flaw in that plan. As soon as he moved one of the knives out, Deteca shoved back against the other with the bracer, trying to tangle it, then wrenched the metalmind to one side, hopefully yanking it out of his hand. His other knife tore through her shirt, nicking her side but not doing any real damage. She ignored it, focused on the first weapon. 

@I think I am here. (iiiiiiiiiitiaaaaaaaahh) 

Edited by AonEne

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I haven’t posted in this.

Wes felt the knife get yanked out and he rolled to the side, not able to react fast enough to counter the attack. He only had one knife left, and he knew she would just block it with that bracer of hers. Unclamping another bracer on his figure Wes made a battlecry and threw his bracer and the knife at her, one aiming for her torso, and another for her feet.

It’s fine! 

Feeling an overwhelming hatred for this cookie thief, Deteca waved the bracer around furiously in the air, deflecting the knife. The bracer, however, thwacked into her feet, and she almost fell over. She grabbed the knife he’d thrown at her and threw it back at him. 

@I think I am here.

Edited by AonEne

On 30/10/2019 at 10:28 AM, AonEne said:

Feeling an overwhelming hatred for this cookie thief, Deteca waved the bracer around furiously in the air, deflecting the knife. The bracer, however, thwacked into her feet, and she almost fell over. She grabbed the knife he’d thrown at her and threw it back at him. 

@I think I am here.

Wes jumped to the side, yelping as the knife left a shallow yet long slice in his arm. Cursing he held it up, holding back tears and staring at Deteca. “Argh, it was just a cookie!” He said, charging at her with his fists raised in an amazing combat pose from Ninja Fighter II.

7 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

Wes jumped to the side, yelping as the knife left a shallow yet long slice in his arm. Cursing he held it up, holding back tears and staring at Deteca. “Argh, it was just a cookie!” He said, charging at her with his fists raised in an amazing combat pose from Ninja Fighter II.

“One you stole,” Deteca said angrily, waiting for him to come closer, then attempting to trip him up with a foot and punching at his face with the metalmind. 

I feel like I should clarify just in case - this is not the normal reaction to a stolen cookie (in this guild, at least). :P 

5 hours ago, AonEne said:

“One you stole,” Deteca said angrily, waiting for him to come closer, then attempting to trip him up with a foot and punching at his face with the metalmind. 

Wes tripped over her foot and raised his hands to try and block the metalmind. It still hurt, but Wes knew it could have been worse. As he fell he clung onto the metalmind, tried to pull her down with him.

17 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Wes tripped over her foot and raised his hands to try and block the metalmind. It still hurt, but Wes knew it could have been worse. As he fell he clung onto the metalmind, tried to pull her down with him.

Deteca stumbled and fell too; she flailed out wildly at him.