Battle Predictions!  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win this duel?

• Wes (I think I am here.)
    • Deteca (AonEne)

Hello! This is a non-canon duel between Wes (I think I am here.) and Deteca (AonEne). We haven’t had a duel in a while and this should be especially fun, because neither of them know how to fight :P

Fighters:

Deteca ( @AonEne)

Spoiler

Name: Deteca Nutvry

Appearance: Female. Thirty-eight. Very short hair, Iriali gold; could probably be mistaken for male if haircut alone was looked at. Pale skin, a few freckles on arms. Dark blue eyes. Not especially strong muscles; very slim; slightly shorter than the average height for her age.

Magic: Voidmaking; she doesn't know she can do this, though she will learn

Skills: Intelligence - Intelligent: 30; Assassination - less than Amateur: 10; Melee Weapon Combat Training - Average: 35; Poison Mixing - Amateur: 5; Scholarship - Skilled: 30; Cookie Making - Expert: +10 to Scholarship

Equipment: Basically anything she needs she can get from TUBA.

Weaknesses: Her parents are a liability, and she would do a lot to keep them safe. If someone mentions Dieka, she freezes up a little and has to visibly shake herself out of it. She prefers to stay out of fights when possible, and often has a hard time making herself do stuff. She's freaked out at even the slightest mention of more mature topics and is deathly frightened of failing her guild.

Family: Her parents are, shockingly, both alive. Her mother was from Iri, but worldhopped out of Roshar the first chance she got and found her way to Alleycity. Her father had lived there most of his life, but is ethnically Elisian. She had a younger sister named Dieka, who is deceased.

Home Planet: The Alleyverse. She was born and raised in the Alleycity, and while she has left, she always returns.

Backstory: Deteca was born and raised in the Alleyverse, mostly the Alleycity, where her parents live. Dieka was born seven years after her, but died in an accident when she was six. Deteca almost killed herself out of guilt, believing her sister's death was due to her, but her parents stopped her first. Dieka's death also caused Deteca to turn to the Dark Alley later in life in her grief. She quickly realized it wasn't for her when Mace asked her to reconsider and join TUBA; she did so, becoming a loyal member. During all the interesting plot stuff (you know what I mean), Deteca kept in touch with TUBA with a spanreed while either an undercover spy or delivering cookies to faraway Shardworlds. When Storm stepped down from TUBA's leadership, Deteca took up the position. She has since returned to the Alleycity.

Guild: The Underground Baker's Association - TUBA

Psyche: Sane, for the most part, except for certain moments in her past. Sometimes depression crops up, but she doesn't tolerate herself being that way for long and usually pretends nothing's wrong.

Personality: Friendly, competitive, likes to make others laugh, has trouble coming across as serious sometimes when she wants to, loves most forms of sugar (especially chocolate). Extremely supportive when it comes to her guild, hates it whenever she can't do something to help them.

Theme Song: Flares by the Script

Fighting Style: Avoid it if at all possible. If not, get help.

Wes ( @I think I am here.)

Spoiler

Name: Wesley Miller (goes by Wes)

Appearance: A short teenager dressed almost always in a black Ghostblood underling cloak, which is too big for him. He uses it to hide a massive and deep running scar that crawls over his entire back to his left forearm. Usually makes himself look smaller because of self-esteem issues, has black hair and hazel eyes. Wears glasses.

Investiture: Bendalloy Feruchemy (Subsumer)

Personality: Incredibly innocent and naive to most parts of the world. To strangers he is usually introverted but he is very quick to trust people. With friends, he is cheerful most of the time. He is easily intimidated by and scared of authority figures. Has incredibly low self-esteem issues.

Strengths: Engineering and inventing, very skilled with electronics and machinery to make a variety of inventions. He is small and nimble, which allows him to crawl into small spaces. Good at organising events. He watches a lot of action movies (sort of a skill, I guess :P).

Weaknesses: Scared of authority figures, low self-esteem, overly trusting of people, overly naive and innocent, heavy trauma from scar on his back. No skill in fighting. Not very good at talking to people. Dislikes large events and crowds. Blind without his glasses.

Backstory: Born and raised in the Ghostblood headquarters. This led to not knowing very much of the outside world, and being very subservient to GB authority figures. One day he accidentally insulted Mr. Itiah’s handwriting and got the scar on his back. He graduated from his GB dorm-school and joined the Guns N’ Ninjas GB team. Failed in assassinating Syndicate and helped remove the Vortex and some evil robots during Ajax’s Invasion.

Begin! :D

The crowd was... oddly silent. The honest truth was no one was really expecting a duel like this, no one had known Wes or Deteca for fighting.

Little did they know they were in a non-canon thread, so they had to be within the arena. Wes gulped. Such a big crowd... why had he even agreed to a duel anyway?

He waved to his opponent.

Edited by I think I am here.
Added question mark.

...to avenge the cookies Wes had stolen from the cookie jar. It was a heinous crime. Cookie Monster still shuddered when he recalled that awful night. Wes, creeping in to a bakery, thinking no one was watching. Little had he known that TUBA did have security installed. It just was hidden. They'd caught him cookie-crumb handed, thanks to Cookie Monster, who'd been on watch. Now Deteca would make sure no one would dare try anything like that again. Cookies could be recieved by asking politely. There was no need to steal.

That's my head-canon here. ^_^

On 23/09/2019 at 8:30 AM, AonEne said:

Deteca waved back, happy to be there and fight Wes [for training/to avenge something/for no reason (insert whichever works best for you, reader)]. @I think I am here.

“I just wanted ghe cookies!” Wes called, trying to explain himself. “I thought you guys wouldn’t give it to me if I just asked!”

He ran forward and jumped up in a flying kick he’d learnt from a king-fu movie, but messed it up and landed face-first into the ground beside Deteca.

“Ow...”

“Of course we’d have given you a cookie,” Deteca retorted. “We’d give the Stranger himself a cookie if he ever asked.” First we would panic and probably set off an alarm or two, but we’d definitely give it to him. 

Wes ran at her and kicked, but fell over. She winced and wondered if fighting a child was really the best idea, but she had to avenge the cookies, so she took out her gun, studied it conspicuously for a moment, and finally pointed it at Wes. Aiming it at his leg - she wasn’t a monster, these were cookies, not cakes - she pulled the trigger. 

Absolutely nothing happened. 

I think, maybe something does happen when you try to shoot a gun with the safety on. Can you even pull the trigger? 

Wes winced when she pulled the trigger, but nothing happened. He looked at the gun straight in the barrel. The safety was on. Lucky Wes.

“But, I didn’t have any money!” He said. “I couldn’t pay you guys back for the cookie if you did give it to me.”

Slipping off his shoe he threw it at Deteca.

“We give out free samples!” The shoe hit her in the side, bruising her, and she took a few steps back; then she grabbed the shoe and threw it back at him before looking at the gun again and trying to figure out what she was doing wrong. At least with a bladed weapon, you could just slice or stab... 

Edit: Hey Sorana, we need to know how much damage Wes falling over and Deteca getting hit by a shoe do. :ph34r: 

Edited by AonEne

5 hours ago, AonEne said:

Edit: Hey Sorana, we need to know how much damage Wes falling over and Deteca getting hit by a shoe do. :ph34r: 

I was asleep.

Alright. So both of you will have 100 hitpoints. If you fall below 30 you are severly injured (I trust you to, show that in your rp) under 10 you will most likely be unconcious. Negative means you're dying.

Both attacks have been more or less harmless, although landing on your face after a jump is painful. I'll go with -7 for the jump and -4 for the shoe.

So we are at Wes 93 // Deteca 96.

6 hours ago, AonEne said:

We give out free samples!” The shoe hit her in the side, bruising her, and she took a few steps back; then she grabbed the shoe and threw it back at him before looking at the gun again and trying to figure out what she was doing wrong. At least with a bladed weapon, you could just slice or stab... 

“I thought you guys only gave out the bad cookies for samples!”

He covered his head and the shoe hit his shoulder. Slipping the shoe back on he watched her fiddle with the gun and yelled a warcry he heard in that movie adaption of the Seven Day War, curling himself up in a ball and throwing himself in a roll at her legs, trying to trip her over.

Rhaeba sighed as she watched the battle, then grinned. This was far, far more entertaining than most battles she watched... She decided that she'd enjoy this respite from her job of murdering and trying to bring down big guilds. Whoever thought I'd end up trying to overthrow a Great Guild. Of course, the way the two guildsmen were behaving below was part of the reason why. So childish, hardly capable, and still allowed to toss away hundreds of lives at the flip of a coin. The leader of TUBA herself didn't even know how to tell when the safety was on on a gun, and that boy, an assassin of the Ghostbloods, threw his shoe as an attack. I can hardly believe this... 

9 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“I thought you guys only gave out the bad cookies for samples!”

He covered his head and the shoe hit his shoulder. Slipping the shoe back on he watched her fiddle with the gun and yelled a warcry he heard in that movie adaption of the Seven Day War, curling himself up in a ball and throwing himself in a roll at her legs, trying to trip her over.

“We don’t sell or give out our bad cookies, we either throw them away or eat them ourselves,” she promised. 

Wes let out a yell and rolled at her legs. Startled, she didn’t dodge, and he knocked her over. She landed on her arm and bruised it, but kicked out, trying to do literally anything. 

Thanks Sorana! 

On 27/09/2019 at 0:29 AM, AonEne said:

She landed on her arm and bruised it, but kicked out, trying to do literally anything. 

“That seems like an unnecessary waste of ingredients!” Wes said and stumbled back as she kicked its arm. They were both on the ground, and luckily the ground was Wes’ domain. He’d been put there by many Ghostblood high ranks over the years, sometimes in pain, sometimes crying. But he knew the ground. Well.

Rushing forward he tried to grab the gun.

“Couldn’t you give them to the homeless or something?”

9 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“That seems like an unnecessary waste of ingredients!” Wes said and stumbled back as she kicked its arm. They were both on the ground, and luckily the ground was Wes’ domain. He’d been put there by many Ghostblood high ranks over the years, sometimes in pain, sometimes crying. But he knew the ground. Well.

Rushing forward he tried to grab the gun.

“Couldn’t you give them to the homeless or something?”

“We are the Homeless,” Deteca retorted. “And the only ones we throw away are badly burnt.” Seeing him go for the gun, she ran after him, trying to tackle him. 

On 29/09/2019 at 0:39 AM, AonEne said:

“We are the Homeless,” Deteca retorted. “And the only ones we throw away are badly burnt.” Seeing him go for the gun, she ran after him, trying to tackle him. 

“I mean the poor homeless,” Wes said and yelped as he was tackled to the side, just barely missing the gun. There as only thing to do now. The ultimate move, he’d seen in that movie about the group of thieves, where they were fighting the evil monster.

“Ha!” He said, taking off one of his bendalloy bracers and trying to use it as a club to hit Deteca.

3 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“I mean the poor homeless,” Wes said and yelped as he was tackled to the side, just barely missing the gun. There as only thing to do now. The ultimate move, he’d seen in that movie about the group of thieves, where they were fighting the evil monster.

“Ha!” He said, taking off one of his bendalloy bracers and trying to use it as a club to hit Deteca.

The metal bracer slammed into Deteca’s side, and she curled away from it on the ground. Why did we go to the ground again? Scrambling up, she kicked the gun away from both of them, then threw a few punches in Wes’s direction. “We give them not-burned cookies.” 

Edited by AonEne
Forgot to continue the philosophical conversation

On 30/09/2019 at 10:08 PM, AonEne said:

The metal bracer slammed into Deteca’s side, and she curled away from it on the ground. Why did we go to the ground again? Scrambling up, she kicked the gun away from both of them, then threw a few punches in Wes’s direction. “We give them not-burned cookies.” 

“So you give away the good cookies and keep the bad ones for yourselves?” Wes asked, before getting smacked by all of the punches and stumbling back a couple steps. “It seems I would have gotten a bad deal even if I did steal the cookies.”

He prepared to lurch for the gun but his glasses fell on the sandy ground and suddenly Wes was almost completely blind. He crouched down, scrambling for them. “Oh, colours,” he said. “Colours, colours, colours.”