UNITE THEM

Aon Tia

@TheFoxQR thanks for the explanation. I now can see a lot of merit to your suggestion. And you have made some very valid points regarding the lack of information about the path Pact.

In fact it reminds me that it was a legit solution suggested by Jasnah in OB too. So may be it can be used especially to give humanity time to recover and KRs time to train etc. 

• 2 weeks later...

I am leaning more towards uniting all the shards of Adonalsium; I am currently on my first re-read of stormlight, and on WOK Hoid tells Dalinar the quote below which has me thinking that this may be the right interpretation of the phrase. 

Nonsense. Balderdash. Figgldygrak. Isn't it odd that gibberish words are often the sounds of other words, cut up and dismembered, then stitched into something like them—yet wholly unlike them at the same time?

"I wonder if you could do that to a man. Pull him apart, emotion by emotion, bit by bit, bloody chunk by bloody chunk. Then combine them back together into something else, like a Dysian Aimian. If you do put a man together like that, Dalinar, be sure to name him Gibberish, after me. Or perhaps Gibletish.

Also I feel that the Iriali religion and there mention of the one 

and how all experience are important and therefore there will become many then one again, also seems to point towards adonalsium getting reunited again

but if dalinar will do it or someone else, we can not tell

plus adonalsium is supposed to be super good at futuresight 

I think that given Hoid's quote to Dalinar and the letters he has written, it can be inferred that Adonalsium was shattered for a reason, but that things are not turning out as they expected after the shattering which means that they are not improving hence the part where he states that if one could put him back together into something else, maybe something that would be more akin to what he thinks is good. Again, also I believe that Adonalsium like Harmony may have been balanced, and had its heart on the right place, however lesser minds were unable to comprehend his actions

Spoiler

kind of like the gist of the conversation between Sazed and Wax on BOM. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/20/2019 at 3:44 PM, The traveller said:

hey guys,

we have all noticed that how UNITE THEM is a running theme with Dalinar throughout the books 

so far, we have Dalinar interpret this in different ways :

• unite all of Alethkar, atleast all the highprinces, not just in name but actually
  • then he expanded it to unite all of humanity, all nations in one alliance
  • and then, he united all three realms together

what do you think could be his next interpretations of UNITE THEM?

one that comes to mind is unite humans and singers against Odium. i think it may be the running theme for him in SA4

any ideas?

Finally a Unite Them theory not declaring Dalinar the second coming of Adonalsium

My favourite theory regarding this is that Unity is Dalinar's interpretation of Honor's Intent

1 minute ago, Honorless said:

Finally a Unite Them theory not declaring Dalinar the second coming of Adonalsium

My favourite theory regarding this is that Unity is Dalinar's interpretation of Honor's Intent

My favorite theory relates to Ixthos' theory that 10 people and their spren will become 10 vessels of Honor's investiture, with Intents based on their orders' Divine Attributes, perhaps by adding Investiture from 10 other shards (e.g. Preservation + Honor = Protecting, like a Windrunner). Dalinar could still be the "unity shard" of the batch purely with Honorific investiture, keeping the other 9 united in their goal and actions, but not controlling them directly.

10 hours ago, The traveller said:

Ten is too much @Halyo_Alex 

I have argued before that there can be 5, seeing as other 5 are closer to cultivation..

The entire Greater Roshar system is 10-centric except for Braize. I don't see why it should have to be split into 5 honor and 5 cultivation, because all spren are ultimately at least partially both shard's investiture (and likely other shards, due to Greater Roshar being made by Adonalsium itself). Sure, there are 5 female heralds that are considered closer to Cultivation, but... All ten Heralds wield honorblades, not 5 honorblades and 5 cultivationblades (although having said that, seeing Cultivationblades would be freaking AWESOME...)

• 6 months later...

I’m a fan of the honorblade guess. In Oathbringer, the chapter titled “Broken People” ends with the Stormfather explaining the Oathpact to Dalinar and Navani. The context of the conversation is the honorblades as well as the bond the Heralds have which allows pain sharing. Then we have this part where “Unite Them” is 1. placed directly in the context of that conversation and 2. In the literal presence of the honorblades. 

C8008E7E-4AC8-4CDB-A952-9C387BF1021A.png

On 9/20/2019 at 3:34 PM, Ripheus23 said:

Actually Dalinar is dalyslexic so it's really UNTIE THEM.

On 9/24/2019 at 11:38 AM, Wander89 said:

He's uniting all the threads in the Pattern.

Yes I'm reading Wheel of Time.

LOL

Unite all the humanoids of Roshar because that will conteract Odium's MO of sowing conflict / divide and conquer. Unite the splinters of Honor. 

IMO the "Unite Them" Dalinar keeps hearing is coming from Tanavast's cognitive shadow which the Stormfather absorbed. Tanavast keeps saying Unite Them in the visions and is the most likely candidate for Dalinar hearing them outside of the Visions. Tanavast set up the visions and then merged his mind ghost with a bondsmith spren with instructions to show the visions and seek out new bondsmith's to bond. Bondsmiths are good at piecing things back together as demonstrated by the statue in Thaylen City. 

That seems to be what the text is pointing towards, but there is probably a twist. Like unite the gas giants, gas giants are sometimes referred to as "failed stars", to form one new star that makes Braize warm enough for habitation, so everyone can move there after Roshar is trashed like Ashyn was. :P

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gas_giant

Dalinar is gonna take all three shards in roshar and unite them into one. also he wouldn't give the shards to Kaladin because well, would Kaladin even want all that power? If Dalinar gave away any of the shards he would probably give them to Jasna or something.

44 minutes ago, A Windrunner said:

Dalinar is gonna take all three shards in roshar and unite them into one. also he wouldn't give the shards to Kaladin because well, would Kaladin even want all that power? If Dalinar gave away any of the shards he would probably give them to Jasna or something.

And if Kaladin matches one of the intents better than Dalinar, thus being a more viable candidate for acsention?

51 minutes ago, A Windrunner said:

I don't see it going down like this at all. Dalinar's probably not going to survive to the back half of the trilogy and Odium is being set up as more than just the antagonist of Stormlight. Not to mention how terribly repetitive that would be. 

14 minutes ago, Aminar said:

I don't see it going down like this at all. Dalinar's probably not going to survive to the back half of the trilogy and Odium is being set up as more than just the antagonist of Stormlight. Not to mention how terribly repetitive that would be. 

It was just a theory and not even one I believed in.

Unite them as in " Odium and Cultivation" imo. Merging Cultivation with Odium could be how O's power can be kept in check and could be the Ultimate reason why these two Shards came to Roshar in the first place since they knew Rayse would come looking for them.