Long Game 60: The Shadow Over the Forests of Hell

Elandera

Looks like the elims took the safe way instead of the exciting way. That does increase the likelihood of a Deep One, as I took no action that would have caused insanity.

49 minutes ago, Rathmaskal said:

So, great news.  Assuming both The Deep One and The Founder are in the game, this should be a fairly easy village win now.

We have 5-2 in terms of players. In terms of votes though, it's only 3-2 because Venture and I are insane. If the elims hammer, they have a base 80% chance of succeeding from the Founder, and if we choose the wrong target they won't even need to hammer. Using Mists of Releh in an attempt to change the Founder's target may be helpful, though there's only a 2/7 chance of hitting an elim even if someone manages to target the Founder. Did the owner of the Necronomicon manage to use it last night? 

@Elandera, @Snipexe, does the 1/3 village votes needed to lynch the Deep One include the Governor double vote as one vote or two? The latter would necessitate 6/3=2 votes, while the former should be 5/3=1.

2 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

@Elandera, @Snipexe, does the 1/3 village votes needed to lynch the Deep One include the Governor double vote as one vote or two? The latter would necessitate 6/3=2 votes, while the former should be 5/3=1.

The wording of the rule is 1/3 "Fort Folk votes." Since Governor's ability counts as two votes, it is two votes towards the 1/3 needed.

So...apparently I’m insane. For no reason except for a deep one’s attack. Or PAFO <_< That’s too bad. Which means I unfortunately, cannot lynch Ark. Or anything really...

Also...shades exist. So I would guess that killing is bad? That seems...unbalanced.

Rathinald here.

1 hour ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

Also...shades exist. So I would guess that killing is bad? That seems...unbalanced.

From the "Misc Rules" section of the rules page:

Wrath of Shades - Those who draw blood have a 5% chance of their precautions failing, thus they will be attacked by shades and killed. This will not include the lynch. Every time blood is drawn, the chances of enraging the Shades increases by 5% Once someone dies to the Shades, the percentage resets.

...I must've missed that. :P

So...we have Xino, Rath, Me, Eltyl, Hats, Ark, and Devotary left. Both me and Devotary are insane right now. So we have @xinoehp512, Rath, @ILuvHats, @Ark1002 left as cult leader suspects. Rath, any chance of you going insane next cycle? Summon some magical mist targeting yourself or something? For the other three...please vote to lynch. Our governor is out of action. I am out of action. I don't think anyone else is currently insane.

Oh! And Rath, it won't be as easy as we think. Some of our suspect list will have a Strong Will.

Rathinald here again.

3 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

Rath, any chance of you going insane next cycle?

I'll use Mists of Releh.  Looks like that has the highest chance of making me go insane.  I just need to figure out who to use it on and who to target their actions.  I guess I could use it on you or Devotary if I want to be safe since you are both insane.  The only thing I'm concerned with is the fact that if I do go insane, I won't be able to use any actions at night.

3 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

Oh! And Rath, it won't be as easy as we think. Some of our suspect list will have a Strong Will.

True...  Devotary's point is also extremely valid - if we don't find The Founder, we could run into the situation where they're able to use their vote manipulation to hijack Devotary's extra vote and hammer that way.

I have power back again ( :D ), so we wanted to check what you'd like to happen with rollover. Please vote in purple with the following options. We will take it into consideration while we balance it with our own schedules. 

1. Maintain 6 p.m. PDT rollovers

2. Extend this day turn to end Sunday at 12 p.m. PDT

3. Shorten this turn to end Saturday at 12 p.m. PDT

4. Extend the next night turn to end Monday at 12 p.m. PDT

4 hours ago, Rathmaskal said:

I'll use Mists of Releh.  Looks like that has the highest chance of making me go insane.  I just need to figure out who to use it on and who to target their actions.  I guess I could use it on you or Devotary if I want to be safe since you are both insane.  The only thing I'm concerned with is the fact that if I do go insane, I won't be able to use any actions at night.

There aren't any other day actions that are super useful at this point, so you might as well use Mists on a Founder candidate. The archaeologist should probably claim since we definitely don't have an active bounty hunter and the elims already know the archaeologist's identity. Their action is kind of risky, as it has a 1/12 chance of making the lynch even more skewed in the elims favour.

Can Mists of Releh redirect other Mists actions?

Can we maintain 6 p.m. PDT rollovers 

There really isn’t much that can be done now...but I guess now is the time to roleclaim. So @archeologist can you reveal?

Also, can @literaly_everyone_who_can please vote to lynch Ark? We need some safety from the founder and he is the prime suspect for the Deep one/Founder

13 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

Can we maintain 6 p.m. PDT rollovers 

There really isn’t much that can be done now...but I guess now is the time to roleclaim. So @archeologist can you reveal?

Also, can @literaly_everyone_who_can please vote to lynch Ark? We need some safety from the founder and he is the prime suspect for the Deep one/Founder

Sure.

Ark.

(((write-up)))

Ark1002 has been lynched! They were a Archaeologist.

Vote Count

Ark1002 (2) - Rathmaskal, Xinoehp512

Player List

Spoiler
  1. Xinoehp512
  2. Rathmaskal
  3. Fifth Scholar Dagon’s Will
  4. Cadmium Compounder Necromancer
  5. Araris Valerian Fort Folk
  6. shanerockes Journalist
  7. Amanuensis Government Agent
  8. Butt Ad Venture
  9. StrikerEZ Gravedigger
  10. Elbereth/Ventyl
  11. ILuvHats
  12. Sart Criminal Fort Folk Dagon’s Will
  13. Ark1002 Archaeologist
  14. Devotary of Spontaneity

We apologize for the delay in rollover. Please let us know if we’ve forgotten something. This turn will end Sunday, October 13 at 6 p.m. PDT.

Game’s almost over and I don’t want to see an entire night pass without a single post.

Xino: Voted for Ark. Kinda helpful. Suspiciouish.

Rath: Still hasn’t gone insane. I swear, if you are the founder...you better go insane tomorrow! Otherwise... *draws line across throat* ...or something.

Venture: Very good guy. Very much trust

El: I cannot remember for the life of me.

Hats: ^ Same

Devotary: Also trust 100%

(((write-up to be added)))

Butt Ad Venture was killed! They were the Bodyguard.

Devotary of Spontaneity was attacked and is now insane.

Elbereth has gone insane

Player List

Spoiler

1. Xinoehp512
  2. Rathmaskal
  3. Fifth Scholar Dagon’s Will
  4. Cadmium Compounder Necromancer
  5. Araris Valerian Fort Folk
  6. shanerockes Journalist
  7. Amanuensis Government Agent
  8. Butt Ad Venture Bodyguard
  9. StrikerEZ Gravedigger
  10. Elbereth/Ventyl
  11. ILuvHats
  12. Sart Criminal Fort Folk Dagon’s Will
  13. Ark1002 Archaeologist
  14. Devotary of Spontaneity

This turn will end Tuesday, October 15 at 6 p.m. PDT.

Hello! I have been getting over a rather nasty cough - I thought it would be gone shortly after I started playing, but it turns out it was not and so I have been spending the majority of my time either asleep or trying to fall asleep and failing miserably. And coughing. So that's fun! 

So, I'm going through the entire thread because it's somehow only nine pages long. Comments as I read:

1. @Araris Valerian, I love that you now call your D1 votes Stab Votes. Thanks for making me laugh. :P 

2. I'm virtually certain Rath is evil, for two reasons (the second I'll get to a little later): Fifth said this - "I’m starting to veer away from my suspicion of Rath, especially now that he’s clarified his lack of vote was likely due to IRL reasons. I would like more analysis from him, but for once I’m actually getting a good tone read off his posts, skimming back through them, so he’s my largest trust aside from the other two. " Which just feels like he's talking to another elim there. 

3. I consistently got an elim read on Devotary, but she's as far as I can tell hard-cleared by Venture's death. So much for my gut reads. >>

4. As far as I know, we've not yet seen evidence of a Founder in the game. My suspicion is that there were two Dagon's Will people and the Deep One. 

5. I think ILuvHats is evil. Night 2, everyone living's actions are accounted for except hers, and Fifth made a claimed action (scanning Sart's action) such that he probably didn't kill either. (This isn't certain, because Fifth could've been lying, but all things equal I think it's more likely he's telling the truth.) 

6. The Deep One totally targeted Fifth N1. That isn't important, but I'm saying it anyway. :P 

7. I'm pretty sure Xin and Hats aren't evil together, because Xin claimed to have scanned Hats being converted, which would make Hats have to do a lot of extra work covering up if she (?) were evil. Which is the second reason why I'm virtually certain Rath is evil - it's highly probable that two of Xin, Rath, and Hats are evil (I've gone insane / Ventyl was inactive for a while and probably would've been sacrificed, and Devotary is cleared for her Governor claim), so if Xin and Hats aren't evil together, that means it has to be either Xin/Rath or Hats/Rath. 

@Devotary of Spontaneity what prompted your comment about the Necronomicon right after Fifth's death? Because I see no reason for you to have known Fifth had it (which I know he did, because it got passed to me). 

In conclusion: I'm pretty sure Rath and Hats are the remaining evil players. No idea which is the Deep One, unfortunately, but I'm hoping I can figure that out with the Necronomicon clue - which I'm pretty certain I'm not allowed to paste (as it's from the GMs), but it's basically "Why do these people think they can wake the old ones - and why is it that the Deep One might actually be able to? Also, names are important." I think based on the odd phrasing of the clue that it might not be solveable without the exact text, unfortunately, but I'll let you know if I come up with anything. 

Is there anything we can do about this? ...Not really? Devotary dies today, Xin or I die tonight, elims win. Unless one of them is inactive, in which case... no, elims still win. hmph. I shouldn't have read the Necronomicon, to be fair, but I got on at literally :58 before the turn ended and submitted that order just to have something in. Oh well? 

EDIT: @ILuvHats if you want more RP, you're likely to get a lot more in the current QF! It's a pity that this game has been so light on it. :(

EDIT2: If I had to guess, I'd guess Rath is the Deep One based on more consistent activity and the fact that the clue includes the word 'wrath'. 

Edited by Elbereth

Rathinald here.

Hello...I'm not sure what your name is...I agree with most of your conclusion, other than thinking I'm evil :P  Have you any idea how much evil I've managed to root out of villages just like this one?  If it weren't for me, SEton would be a ghost town.  EllGeeville would have been swallowed by the forest as its last citizens were eaten by werewolves.

~~

From my perspective, assuming both The Deep One and The Founder are active, it has to be Enasni and Kill-sin Pimple, unless I'm missing something.  I was planning on voting on Enasni to try to get the more active of the two out of here, but obviously if you're sold on those possibilities, Kill-sin Pimple is a valid vote as well.  Kill-sin Pimple being one of the elims kind of makes sense too since I'm fairly certain one of the elims has to be inactive at this point, otherwise this game would be done.  In fact, I'm betting on Kill-sin Pimple being The Founder.  We can't really afford any mislynch at this point, so if you think xino is a better target, I'm willing to listen.

I'll go ahead and claim - I'm a vanilla villager with Iron Will.  I guess I've just been lucky? enough on the few actions I've taken to not go insane.

@Elandera or @Snipexe - can the Necronomicon clue be copy/pastaed?  I'd like to see the entire thing.

Woot! 

I wonder at the vast conceit of those who desire to wake the Ancient ones, as if They could pause from their everlasting dreams at the request of mere mortals. Still, I wonder more at the Deep One, who may yet succeed at calling their names and rousing Them from slumber to wreak a wrath on mankind. That was the end of all. Names. Names do not carry weight for most in the Forests. Though for some, the right ones mean everything.

My thoughts thus far: from 'That was the end of all' onward, the flow is very awkward, especially the repetition of 'Names'. That indicates to me that it's some kind of clue with wording or letters or something - my first thought was capital letters, but that didn't yield anything interesting. 

Rathinald here.

7 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

Hm. What actions have you taken? 

~~

I just used Discover the Hidden on Sart and then Mists of Releh last night...so not much.

As for the Necronomicon clue.  Wow.  I believe Elandera at some point mentioned that this clue would have been the same regardless of when the Necronomicon was used, otherwise I'd say that was confirmation that the Deep One specifically was active:

Still, I wonder more at the Deep One...

@Devotary of Spontaneity - any thoughts?

44 minutes ago, Elbereth said:

7. I'm pretty sure Xin and Hats aren't evil together, because Xin claimed to have scanned Hats being converted, which would make Hats have to do a lot of extra work covering up if she (?) were evil. Which is the second reason why I'm virtually certain Rath is evil - it's highly probable that two of Xin, Rath, and Hats are evil (I've gone insane / Ventyl was inactive for a while and probably would've been sacrificed, and Devotary is cleared for her Governor claim), so if Xin and Hats aren't evil together, that means it has to be either Xin/Rath or Hats/Rath. 

@Devotary of Spontaneity what prompted your comment about the Necronomicon right after Fifth's death? Because I see no reason for you to have known Fifth had it (which I know he did, because it got passed to me). 

Why would that mean Xin and Hats aren't evil? It would be reasonable for the elims to scan Aman while killing him, just to see who he converted. Once Aman died, he became unable to say whether or not Hats was successfully converted and it would be simple for Xino to claim regardless of either's alignment.

The Necronomicon was supposed to be handed out N2, and since nobody used it then I assumed somebody would N3.

The dumbest interpretation of the clue is that roles were handed out based on RP names. This theory is almost entirely based on the fact that we had an Arr.chaeologist, a Governor Lord Ghent, and a village Innocent. That would suggest Enasni most out of the three candidates. Not all the names fit the role though, so this is probably false.

@Rathmaskal, who did you use Mists on? If Elandera went insane from the Necronomicon, and I went insane from being attacked, it suggests that the Deep One didn't drive anyone insane, and thus there was only one active elim last night.