Long Game 60: The Shadow Over the Forests of Hell

Elandera

17 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Okay, I might have been insane technically yesterday, but I’m actually going literally insane right now. Aside from the colossal headache Aman’s claims are giving me, and his odd decision to publicise almost everything that’s happening, there’s this

Which is incredibly unnatural. I suppose Voice in the Crowd was used, or Devotary's the Governor, but either way this looks like an effort to save Sart which was not dissimilar to how CadCom slipped the noose yesterday.  Nevertheless, votes on Araris (?!) and Striker were added, and this definitely looks unnatural. I said at the beginning of the game that I suspected those using ViaC, and that still holds. Right now I’d fully agree with Aman that Devotary and Sart look evil, but am unsure where the push against Venture is coming from. 

My bad if I'm causing any headaches. Not sure how or what I can do to fix it.

To explain the Venture thing, I was roleblocked the same turn votes were manipulated. Venture went insane during the day turn, which can only happen because of Mists of Releh. Only Hoid and the elims would have incentive to block me, and I saw Venture see my post and just go to another page, which probably means he went to the doc for consultation instead of explaining himself.

EDIT:

I'm an idiot. Mists of Releh is a redirect, not a roleblock.

@Araris Valerian the vote on you is mine. I put in an anonymous vote on Sart so that I would help make sure he died for wasting my N1 action. The elims decided to redirect me to you, probably assuming that I was going to be using my tracking action.

Doesn't change the fact that Venture is guilty of doing it, thanks to his insanity.

Edited by Amanuensis

Okay, I'm out in the sticks right now, so my internet is pretty bad. Still, I have submitted an action to steal from Cadmium Compounder. Hopefully the Bounty Hunter is inactive or not in the game, otherwise I am dead. If anyone wants to monitor me, they can turn me into a Villager. I'm busy tomorrow, so this will be my only post 

16 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Also, Hoid, not cool. Instead of sending me an anonymous message, he used Mists of Releh on me to prevent me from tracking anyone. Unless.... hm. It's possible the eliminators could have done it, given the use of the Founder's ability this turn, just in case I managed to see them use it. But like I said in thread, should I discover any cultist like this, I'm not going to tell anyone. You realize that, right?

14 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

I'm an idiot. Mists of Releh is a redirect, not a roleblock.

@Araris Valerian the vote on you is mine. I put in an anonymous vote on Sart so that I would help make sure he died for wasting my N1 action. The elims decided to redirect me to you, probably assuming that I was going to be using my tracking action.

So... Did you track someone, or did you use ViaC on Sart? I'm getting mixed messages here...

Also..

11 hours ago, Sart said:

Okay, I'm out in the sticks right now, so my internet is pretty bad. Still, I have submitted an action to steal from Cadmium Compounder. Hopefully the Bounty Hunter is inactive or not in the game, otherwise I am dead. If anyone wants to monitor me, they can turn me into a Villager. I'm busy tomorrow, so this will be my only post 

Does anyone else think I should be scared. I'm totally fine if he's actually the Criminal, I'll let him take my item. But a possible elim has stated publicly that they are about to target me, and that sounds scary to me.

----------

Also, I'm sorry I didn't get on again last night and vote. I was planning on voting, probably for Sart, but instead, I watched precisely 8 hours of old men and women talking on TV over the weekend. I'm looking over what I missed throughout the rest of the morning, and I'll see what I come up with. 

18 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Guessing that's a no. Venture saw my question and decided not to respond. Not Hoid. Hoid wouldn't hesitate to write a response. A Cultist would ask their doc for guidance first, however.

As you guessed, no I am not Hoid. But I am also not a cultist. I’m just always indecisive. -_- But I did use the mists on you. First because I don’t trust you. And second for information.

And I got some good information. As CadCom said, you claimed to be tracking then said that you were actually anonymously voting? Mixed messages indeed.

And perhaps...you did track. But The Founder used his ability to change the votes. And you are covering for him. I like that theory. Now, if you are Nazh, then I would love to be able to restore you to my ‘Team Villager’ list. But as of now...I’m very suspicious.

but im also insane.

36 minutes ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

As you guessed, no I am not Hoid. But I am also not a cultist. I’m just always indecisive. -_- But I did use the mists on you. First because I don’t trust you. And second for information.

And I got some good information. As CadCom said, you claimed to be tracking then said that you were actually anonymously voting? Mixed messages indeed.

And perhaps...you did track. But The Founder used his ability to change the votes. And you are covering for him. I like that theory. Now, if you are Nazh, then I would love to be able to restore you to my ‘Team Villager’ list. But as of now...I’m very suspicious.

but im also insane.

Not mixed messages. I told the elims I wouldn't work against them, but truth be told, I still wanted Sart dead :P it's too painful for me to just sit by and let an eliminator out of a noose, but I didn't want them to kill me either, so I decided to do it anonymously. Had you not redirected me, they wouldn't have known that I got him killed.

That all said, I don't buy this, but mostly because I don't want to buy this. We know the eliminators roles in this game. None of them can convert someone without first sacrificing one of their own, and none of them can track people during the day, which Sart himself confirmed I proved. That means I am undoubtedly a neutral role, which has nothing to do with your alignment, as is stated in the rules. Without knowledge of Nazh / Hoid, people stated this game was balanced in favor of the eliminators. There's no way they were given a secret role.

The votes were changed by the Founder, irrespective of my vote on Araris. That's where the extra vote on Striker came from.

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

truth be told, I still wanted Sart dead :P

...none of them can track people during the day, which Sart himself confirmed I proved

So Sart, someone you want dead for being an elim, confirmed something for you? So you trust him enough to take what he says at face value, but not enough to not lynch him?

Both don’t make sense together...you two are very high on my Lynch list.

Edited by Butt Ad Venture

1 hour ago, Amanuensis said:

Not mixed messages. I told the elims I wouldn't work against them, but truth be told, I still wanted Sart dead :P it's too painful for me to just sit by and let an eliminator out of a noose, but I didn't want them to kill me either, so I decided to do it anonymously. Had you not redirected me, they wouldn't have known that I got him killed.

That all said, I don't buy this, but mostly because I don't want to buy this. We know the eliminators roles in this game. None of them can convert someone without first sacrificing one of their own, and none of them can track people during the day, which Sart himself confirmed I proved. That means I am undoubtedly a neutral role, which has nothing to do with your alignment, as is stated in the rules. Without knowledge of Nazh / Hoid, people stated this game was balanced in favor of the eliminators. There's no way they were given a secret role.

The votes were changed by the Founder, irrespective of my vote on Araris. That's where the extra vote on Striker came from.

No, you see, the issue I have is originally, this cycle you were upset that either Hoid, or the Elims used Mists of Relah on you, to stop you from Tracking the person you wanted to track. Admittedly, in this post, you never said that you actually tracked, but it was very heavily implied.

Then later on, you claimed to have used ViaC to vote on Sart, and it was later moved to Araris. Why wouldn't they have moved it to striker? Why did it get moved to araris. I'm just finding some inconsistencies in the logic you've presented to us.

2 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

Butt, I'm just curious, What were you expecting would happen by redirecting Aman to Araris? Why choose Araris? 

8 minutes ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Butt, I'm just curious, What were you expecting would happen by redirecting Aman to Araris? Why choose Araris? 

I'm pretty sure the mists are a random redirect.

Edit:

Mists of Releh - An ancient spell that will obscure one player’s vision with a layer of unholy mist. During either the Day or Night turn, a player can cast the spell to redirect the actions of a player of their choice to another random player, including themselves. Doing so has the potential to enact a terrible price on the user. The chance of them going insane next turn is increased by 20%.

Edited by Araris Valerian

16 minutes ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

No, you see, the issue I have is originally, this cycle you were upset that either Hoid, or the Elims used Mists of Relah on you, to stop you from Tracking the person you wanted to track. Admittedly, in this post, you never said that you actually tracked, but it was very heavily implied.

Then later on, you claimed to have used ViaC to vote on Sart, and it was later moved to Araris. Why wouldn't they have moved it to striker? Why did it get moved to araris. I'm just finding some inconsistencies in the logic you've presented to us.

They don't choose the new target. Mists of Releh is random.

(((Write-up to be posted later)))

Amanuensis has been sacrificed! He was a Government Agent with the Fort Arkham Investigators.
Devotary of Spontaneity has gone insane!
Ventyl has gone insane!

Player List

Spoiler

1. Xinoehp512
  2. Rathmaskal
  3. Fifth Scholar
  4. Cadmium Compounder
  5. Araris Valerian
  6. shanerockes Journalist
  7. Amanuensis Government Agent
  8. Butt Ad Venture
  9. StrikerEZ Gravedigger
  10. Ventyl
  11. ILuvHats
  12. Sart
  13. Ark1002
  14. Devotary of Spontaneity

This turn will end Wednesday, October 9th at 6 p.m. PST.

Edited by Elandera

Rathinald here.  Seems Innocent was something of the sort.  Now, I have something to report!  I tracked Mindful last night, and I have discovered that he was stealing from Tim!  The nerve!

~~

OK, the green text implies hat Aman was village, but I believe that's a role that wasn't necessarily mentioned to start the game.  So, I'm sure there was at least a grain of truth in what Aman was mentioning yesterday.

Other than that, are we sure that Sart actually converts to a village role now that he's been caught?  I don't think it's explicitly stated in the rules.  Seems like it would be rather tough to complete the wincon after being caught though, so we can probably accept that mostly at face value.

Two players having gone insane means that either the Deep One used their ability or there was some rather unfortunate luck last night.

The following people have not gone insane:

• Xino
  • Rath (me)
  • CadCom
  • Araris
  • Venture
  • Hats
  • Sart
  • Ark

If all the cult roles are assigned, I believe two of those are the named cultists.  I've crossed off names I'm not going to vote for:

• Rath - not voting for myself obviously...
  • Sart - seems a soft clear at least

I'll do some further updates to this list later.  But we may be able to get a decent vote off this kind of logic.

Rathinald here again.

1 minute ago, Araris Valerian said:

@Rathmaskal I've been attacked, which should clear me stronger than insanity.

~~

I missed that as I was reviewing everything.  Thanks.  Tbh, I'm not sure that's a stronger clear than insanity.  The WGG is still a strong play...  And insanity doesn't clear someone from being a cultist, just from being The Founder or The Deep One.

The Founder - They led the expedition to begin underwater mining, and discovered the existence of the Deep Ones. Visited by visions and promised greatness, they quickly became a follower. They are persuasive, and can convince a player to change their vote. However, they are always on the border of insanity. They cannot become fully insane, but any of their actions have a 20% chance of failing.

Deep One - The Deep One is a servant of Dagon from the depths, chosen to help lead the effort to prepare Threnody for their kind to eventually rule. To simply look upon them is to become insane. During the Night Turn, the Deep One can choose to reveal their true form to a target player, rendering them insane for the next turn. The Deep One is immune to insanity. The Deep One also cannot fall to any mere mortal. It takes 33% of total Fort Folk votes to lynch them, and kill attempts against the Deep One only have a 25% chance of success.

I'm sure everyone has noticed this and it's been mentioned, but it's something we have to work with that I've been planning on bringing up after we had a reasonable number of people go insane...might be a bit too early for this I guess, but if it helps focus me, I'm going for it.

Also, I've been trying to figure out how you would have survived based on the rules we know.  Possibilities:

• Elder Sign Pendant - One-time, passive item that protects a player from an attack by the Order - this would require that you're either the archaeologist or that player trusted you enough to pass you this item.  (Oh, I guess it's possible someone had this as a starting item as well)
  • This wouldn't be a governor/bodyguard situation, as the bodyguard would have died in this instance.
  • And here's a good one: but any of their actions have a 20% chance of failing.  It's possible that The Founder submitted the kill and got unlucky.

Not sure I see anything else.  Either way, the elder sign pendant seems a decent possibility unless there's another secret rule or role that has a protect of sorts.

Not gonna lie, I'm a bit miffed that the elims sacrificed Amanuensis. He had specifically stated he was not going to keep fighting against the elims, unless they kept fighting against him. 

It seems like Amanuensis's claim was at least partially true. It doesn't say he's Nazh, but it does denote that he is a secret village character. 

Unfortunately, we don't know the mechanics of his secret role. @Elandera, do we get to know the mechanics of Aman's role before the game ends? 

---

If @Sart says the item he stole from me, I'll confirm whether it's correct, but, yes, an Item was stolen from me, which somewhat corroborates Sart's claim. 

10 minutes ago, Rathmaskal said:

Other than that, are we sure that Sart actually converts to a village role now that he's been caught?  I don't think it's explicitly stated in the rules.  Seems like it would be rather tough to complete the wincon after being caught though, so we can probably accept that mostly at face value.

I'm fairly certain, as it is now impossible for him to complete his win-con, as part of the win con is to not be scanned. And I believe Elandera also stated that Neutrals become Village if they fail to meet their wincon. Therefore, he would be a villager. 

Rathinald here again.

~~

22 minutes ago, Araris Valerian said:

I had Silver Bones, which I claimed in the thread. That's why I didn't go insane after the attack. Given the number of players, giving Silver Bones to an elim might be rather overpowered.

Fair enough.  Not a full clear by any means, but enough to remove you from my first wave of logic:

• Xino
  • Rath (me)
  • CadCom
  • Araris
  • Venture
  • Hats
  • Sart
  • Ark
30 minutes ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

I'm fairly certain, as it is now impossible for him to complete his win-con, as part of the win con is to not be scanned. And I believe Elandera also stated that Neutrals become Village if they fail to meet their wincon. Therefore, he would be a villager. 

Thanks, looks like this was clarified N1:

Neutral Roles - If they fail their win-con, they will become a vanilla Fort Folk and win or lose with the village. If they achieve their win-con, they continue playing as a neutral party, with the exception of the Necromancer.

Hey everyone! Power in my county (actually, a whole lot of California in general) is probably getting shut down starting Wednesday. I won't have great access to Internet or, you know, anything that requires electricity. :P

The turn might be extended to better line up with Snipexe's schedule. We'll keep you posted as we discuss options. 

My apologies for my failure to be around until now; schoolwork is still keeping me plenty busy, as is cross country, and I have quite a bit to say that I probably couldn’t have covered last night. 

First of all, Aman’s death is no accident. I was in intensive PMs with him last night, which is partially why I never got around to posting much in the thread itself, and his claims there are notable enough that the Eliminators might have well decided to kill him for it. The Government Agent, according to Aman, was able to Day track, and could confer this power upon other Fort Folk by converting them to his sub-faction within the village. Their goal was to lynch the Deep One and one of his subordinates/Dagon’s Will members. While I’m unsure of how much of this was lies, I do know he was also in communications with @Sart and one or two other people, and from what I can tell of my PM with him, he likewise gave at least some of this information to them. Given that he was absolutely convinced the Elim team was Devotary, Venture, and Xino, these people are out as immediate suspects (he hardly would have shared it with them), leaving Araris and CadCom as potential claimants who would (or their teams would) have acted on the information. I’m currently leaning towards CadCom, especially as a potential Deep One, because of the circumstances surrounding his survival D1, and because he’s the only reasonable candidate remaining for an active Deep One. 

I also think it’s worth noting that Devotary is by no means off the hook; despite a claim she made to me last cycle in the middle of Aman and I investigating her, the evidence still stands that she killed Striker last round over Sart, helped push the last-second lynch away from CadCom (who I suspect) on C1, and also was potentially driven insane by her own team yesterday in an attempt to deflect Aman’s conviction that she was the Deep One. Perhaps she was not, but her behaviour still resembles that of a Cultist, and again the fact that Aman specifically was killed last night (someone who had claimed neutral at the time) when he was suspecting Devotary and Venture is telling. 

Rath apparently beat me to the punch, but I can independently confirm that Sart stole from CadCom last night, and he should be village right now. Kinda wish I’d tracked Devotary now instead, but Aman was adamant that Sart be a guaranteed village convert. That said, @Rathmaskal, where have you been, and why did you not respond to Aman’s PM yesterday? From my understanding, he tried to contact you repeatedly, and you never got back to him (at least that was the case five hours before his death). How much did he reveal to you?

Ventyl going insane is probably from Unforgettable Horrors, unless they have been sending in actions while pretending to be inactive, and are another vanilla Cultist; however, I have far stronger suspicions as to who that actually is, so they’re a very low priority suspect right now. 

In other news, someone should have had the Necromicon last night, and used it. Any hints that could confirm anything about the Deep One? 

Edited by Fifth Scholar
Clarified fourth paragraph (changed “active” to “inactive,” as was my intent)

5 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

That said, @Rathmaskal, where have you been, and why did you not respond to Aman’s PM yesterday? From my understanding, he tried to contact you repeatedly, and you never got back to him (at least that was the case five hours before his death). How much did he reveal to you?

Aman did PM me about halfway through the last night cycle, but I was out of town all weekend and only had some brief moments I was able to pop in to the game (and I don't think any of that was during the last day cycle through most of the night cycle.  Aman didn't reveal much to me other than that he wanted me to track Sart (apparently he made that request of multiple people...interesting)  I'd mention that Aman said he read me as village from the time I was active, but I don't think that carries much weight since it's basically me saying that.  OK, I mentioned it anyway.  :P

Edit: Oh, and I did respond to his PM...we had a short conversation about non-SE life while I was getting caught up on the thread.

Edited by Rathmaskal

I am going to perform a player analysis, however my player analysis is simply to determine whether or not someone submitted a kill. 

1. Xinoehp512 From what I could tell, there are no claims either way regarding what actions Xino has done. This means he certainly cannot be cleared. But I'm not suspicious of him at least for now. I won't clear you though. 
  2. Rathmaskal Independently confirmed that Sart stole from me. First to make this claim. It's very likely he didn't submit the kill N2. 
  3. Fifth Scholar also made a claim that Sart stole from me. He did make the claim second, but the wording suggests that Fifth is probably telling the truth, and didn't submit the kill N2. This says nothing of N1 though. 
  4. Cadmium Compounder Can confirm an item was stolen. Since two other people have already confirmed that Sart stole from me, I'm considering revealing what was stolen regardless of whether Sart confirms on his own. I scanned Araris N1, and confirmed he did nothing. This can be corroborated by @Devotary of Spontaneity, therefore I did not submit the kill, or do any other Elim-only actions N1
  5. Araris Valerian Definitely didn't submit the kill N1 He didn't do anything, and he was attacked. He's also pretty much cleared since he had silver bones. Though I suppose it is possible he didn't submit an action because he knew he would be attacked in a WGG
  6. shanerockes Journalist
  7. Amanuensis Government Agent
  8. Butt Ad Venture Lets see. He was insane during N2, so he could not have submitted any kill. 
  9. StrikerEZ Gravedigger
  10. Ventyl I really don't have hardly any idea what actions ventyl is up to. 
  11. ILuvHats Same here. 
  12. Sart Stole an item from me suggesting he is the criminal. Has been scanned, suggesting he now has a village wincon. 
  13. Ark1002 has gone cold. it's disappointing that we have this many inactives. In Ark's defense, I think he enjoys being elim, and is more likely to be active as an elim. That being said, this is not license to kill him in future games, because he sometimes is active as a villager as well. 
  14. Devotary of Spontaneity Definitely didn't submit the kill N1, as Devotary was watching me. 

Anyway, on to other important stuff.

4 hours ago, Fifth Scholar said:

First of all, Aman’s death is no accident. I was in intensive PMs with him last night, which is partially why I never got around to posting much in the thread itself, and his claims there are notable enough that the Eliminators might have well decided to kill him for it. The Government Agent, according to Aman, was able to Day track, and could confer this power upon other Fort Folk by converting them to his sub-faction within the village. Their goal was to lynch the Deep One and one of his subordinates/Dagon’s Will members. While I’m unsure of how much of this was lies, I do know he was also in communications with @Sart and one or two other people, and from what I can tell of my PM with him, he likewise gave at least some of this information to them. Given that he was absolutely convinced the Elim team was Devotary, Venture, and Xino, these people are out as immediate suspects (he hardly would have shared it with them), leaving Araris and CadCom as potential claimants who would (or their teams would) have acted on the information. I’m currently leaning towards CadCom, especially as a potential Deep One, because of the circumstances surrounding his survival D1, and because he’s the only reasonable candidate remaining for an active Deep One. 

I also think it’s worth noting that Devotary is by no means off the hook; despite a claim she made to me last cycle in the middle of Aman and I investigating her, the evidence still stands that she killed Striker last round over Sart, helped push the last-second lynch away from CadCom (who I suspect) on C1, and also was potentially driven insane by her own team yesterday in an attempt to deflect Aman’s conviction that she was the Deep One. Perhaps she was not, but her behaviour still resembles that of a Cultist, and again the fact that Aman specifically was killed last night (someone who had claimed neutral at the time) when he was suspecting Devotary and Venture is telling. 

First, I was one of the other PMs from Aman. He asked if I wanted to be part of his doc, and I discussed a few other things regarding the action I should have taken. In the end, I ran out of time to really decide, and did not submit an action.  He did not give me any information regarding his other PMs, but he did ask me to track Xino. Because I ran out of time, and was too busy at work, I did miss that. Sorry Aman. 

I'm clearing Araris, because I scanned him N1. Devotary should be able to confirm that. Other than that, I guess I only am solidifying your reason to vote on me, because now I'm the only one left on your suspicions. Especially since I didn't do the action Aman asked me to do. Wow. I'm doing aweful at defending myself. That leaves from my own analysis Xino, Venture, Ventyl, Iluvhats, and devotary. (and very unlikely, but potentially Araris, if they pulled an insane WGG)

Your next paragraph seems to suggest to me very much that devotary is attempting to cause confusion. We've pretty much cleared Sart, and Striker was also Elim, so this goes to show that elim!Devotary could have switched votes, just to cause confusion, knowing both were not Elim. First cycle was between me and Shane, and we know Shane was village, so now it just depends on whether there were any elims up for lynch on D1, or whether devotary just wanted to cause confusion. If it's village!devotary, then we run into the issue that Aman pointed out, where Devotary switched from a at best Neutral, at worst Elim, to switch to an unknown, with no public claim as to why that I saw. 

I'm honestly unsure of where to go with my current amount of information, so I'll probably do what I can to best honor the wishes of those who have passed on before. Because Aman asked me to follow Xino, and I was unable to do so, I will now do the next best thing, and pressure Xino with this vote. 

---

Additionally, Whoever killed Aman was very bold. Rereading the thread, I found this from his post near the top of the fifth page of the past days. 

Aman: Some of you might know about my trusty Shade Gun, which only activates when someone attacks me. I will die, but so will the person who kills me, so as a warning to the cultists, that's a Pyrrhic Victory at best, and to Hoid, if you have a kill action, I'm pretty sure dying is the last thing you want, so I wouldn't recommend trying to get rid of me that way.

So the person to attack him would have had to know that this claim was false, which means it would have had to be someone who had been PMing him, or someone who was willing to try something very bold. Seeing as fifth scholar knew quite a bit more about Aman's role than I did causes me to be a bit suspicious of Fifth. Granted, at this point, I have no evidence, so it's just a suspicion I have. 

Rathinald here again.

43 minutes ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Additionally, Whoever killed Aman was very bold. Rereading the thread, I found this from his post near the top of the fifth page of the past days. 

So the person to attack him would have had to know that this claim was false, which means it would have had to be someone who had been PMing him, or someone who was willing to try something very bold. Seeing as fifth scholar knew quite a bit more about Aman's role than I did causes me to be a bit suspicious of Fifth. Granted, at this point, I have no evidence, so it's just a suspicion I have. 

~~

I saw that as well and kind of had the same thought.  Another thought is that there's at least one elim who has played enough with Aman to weigh the possibility that this was a bluff.  Looking at the player list...that doesn't really narrow much down.

Edit:  Also, dang it Fifth, I haven't got a ton of RP flavor in my posts, but you put me on the defensive, so I missed the little I've been consistent with :P  (and since I started with a quote, I can't figure out how to edit it in correctly)

Edited by Rathmaskal
Avoiding double post