Elandera

Long Game 60: The Shadow Over the Forests of Hell

304 posts in this topic

Receive my profuse apologies for my lack of contribution here; RL is really catching up to me, and I’m at this point just trying to keep up with the thread, let alone analyse it. Ruthful will also take a break, at least for the cycle; it’s time to get to the important thing: voting. 

@Rathmaskal, you ask: 

58 minutes ago, Rathmaskal said:

Rathinald here again.  Have you a reason for that finger pointing?

The Lord has already appeared, so it cannot be a poke vote.

to which I reply, why does Araris need a reason for the vote? Recently, it’s got discussion moving, and has provided the analyseable content we need to separate villagers and Eliminators. Random votes are still votes, which are the best metric for analysis out there. 

Running with this same idea, I appreciate Sart’s willingness to vote, but would question the utility of voting on an inactive. Ritual sacrifices to allow conversion are a viable Eliminator strategy, so killing those not posting isn’t entirely useless, but it stalls discussion, and typically (though not always) inactive players are villagers, as Elims tend to have more engagement in the early game. (Retaining their silence for too long could be seen as an Eliminator unwilling to give clues to the thread, though we’re nowhere near that point.) Right now, to summarise, I’m uncomfortable with Sart and Rath, but will go for CadCom—he’s had twenty-four hours to view the thread since the initial post, but is still around since making a brief RP check-in, and I’d like to hear more from him and not allow him to slip under the radar. (Reasoning also applies to @ILuvHats, though they’re newer, so I’m minded to give them the benefit of the doubt; that said, Hats, if you have more RP or thoughts to share, that would be wonderful. :))

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rathmaskal said:

Rathinald here again.  Have you a reason for that finger pointing?

The Lord has already appeared, so it cannot be a poke vote.

I'm not sure if you've noticed, but I tend to place Stab Votes (TM) cycle 1, rather than poke votes. Same idea, but the idea is to choose someone to kill, rather than to immediately withdraw after a response has been posted.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rathinald here.

5 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

 

@Rathmaskal, you ask: 

to which I reply, why does Araris need a reason for the vote? Recently, it’s got discussion moving, and has provided the analyseable content we need to separate villagers and Eliminators. Random votes are still votes, which are the best metric for analysis out there.

Indubitably.  Quite astute old woman.  No one should ever doubt the wisdom of the elderly, no matter how frail or sickly they may look.  I merely seek to determine whether or not I agree with Fade's reasoning or, barring that, if it could give me insight into something else *ninja Araris*.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

Does Listen at the Door allow you to hear all the PMs of two players, or All PMs between the two players? If it’s the former, is it only what your target says, or does it include replies?

Alright. After consulting with Snipexe (because I couldn't remember our intent :P), this means that you choose two players and if they have a PM with each other, you'll see those messages sent that turn.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr. Freegift had been listening to the people in the room discussing their options. Many assumed he was just slow of thought, but he simply preferred to wait things out before he spoke. It was always better to make a plan, his old man used to say. While he listened to the voices of the people in the room, he lightly tapped his cane on the ground to a steady rhythm. He also tapped his left finger on the armrest of his chair, but at a different rhythm than his cane. The effort it took to keep the two rhythms separate in his head, while still paying attention to the discussions, were enough to keep the voices in his head away. For now.

~

Sorry for taking so long to post, I kept meaning to, but college takes up a lot of my time and so I haven't been able to find a time to just sit down and think about what I want to do with Mr. Freegift. I was thinking about putting my thoughts on what everyone has posted in RP, but that would be too much for me right now with how tired I am. I'll probably be able to get on again before the end of the cycle, but don't expect anything huge from me.

Anyway, onto some analysis. Like Fifth said, I think that whoever has the necronomicon should use it as soon as possible. In addition to that, it might be beneficial for the Gravedigger to roleclaim publicly. I'm not usually one for public role claims this early in the game, but if the user of the necronomicon finds out who the Deep One is and PMs the Gravedigger the results (who the village could pass Elder Sign Pendants too), we could easily get rid of the Deep One. The only downside to that is that the Order could use Fenweed Poison or Mists of Releh to prevent the kill from going through. And there's no way the village would have enough Pendants to send to the Gravedigger (or that the village would even trust the person claiming Gravedigger enough to give them their Pendants).

So...maybe the Gravedigger publicly roleclaiming isn't the best idea. In that case, I think it'd be in the Gravedigger's best interests to get their kills in as soon as possible. Even if they hit a fort folk, that still narrows our list of suspicions drastically. And gives us data on players who interacted with that dead player. 

As for my opinion on insanity, I don't think we should all be trying our hardest to go insane. When we're insane, that's a whole cycle where we can't PM, vote, or take an action. That just gives way too much power to the Order. 

Anyway, I had other thoughts, but it's getting kind of late and I have an early class tomorrow. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

1 hour ago, StrikerEZ said:

Anyway, onto some analysis. Like Fifth said, I think that whoever has the necronomicon should use it as soon as possible. In addition to that, it might be beneficial for the Gravedigger to roleclaim publicly. I'm not usually one for public role claims this early in the game, but if the user of the necronomicon finds out who the Deep One is and PMs the Gravedigger the results (who the village could pass Elder Sign Pendants too), we could easily get rid of the Deep One. The only downside to that is that the Order could use Fenweed Poison or Mists of Releh to prevent the kill from going through. And there's no way the village would have enough Pendants to send to the Gravedigger (or that the village would even trust the person claiming Gravedigger enough to give them their Pendants).

So...maybe the Gravedigger publicly roleclaiming isn't the best idea. In that case, I think it'd be in the Gravedigger's best interests to get their kills in as soon as possible. Even if they hit a fort folk, that still narrows our list of suspicions drastically. And gives us data on players who interacted with that dead player. 

As for my opinion on insanity, I don't think we should all be trying our hardest to go insane. When we're insane, that's a whole cycle where we can't PM, vote, or take an action. That just gives way too much power to the Order. 

The owner of the Necronomicon wouldn't be able to send any PMs of their results until D2 due to insanity. However, since we would know who the user is(as the Necronomicon is the only way I can see for someone to go insane D1), there's no reason the holder shouldn't publicly reveal the clue in that case. A public clue removes any need for the Gravedigger to claim.

The one turn inability to vote or submit actions could be debilitating if everyone breaks at once, though it's more likely that insanity will occur gradually. I think it's better off if that happens closer to the beginning of the game when there's still lots of votes flying around. Although, @Elandera and @Snipexe, can an insane player be rendered insane again, with the ensuing inability to vote, PM, or submit actions? Specifically, do things like the Deep One's reveal and Broken Survivors work on those already insane?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

The owner of the Necronomicon wouldn't be able to send any PMs of their results until D2 due to insanity. However, since we would know who the user is(as the Necronomicon is the only way I can see for someone to go insane D1), there's no reason the holder shouldn't publicly reveal the clue in that case. A public clue removes any need for the Gravedigger to claim.

I forgot that insanity doesn't let you PM when I wrote that. And then went and read more about insanity to write the rest of my post...and didn't change the beginning of the post. Go me. 

Anyway, the Necronomicon can only be used at night anyway. Which would mean that, if the user used it N1, they would be able to reveal it D2 in thread, even though they can't vote or PM or take an action. The only problem I see with that is what we would do if multiple people claimed that different people were the Deep One. Maybe lynch one of them that Day and have the Gravedigger kill the other that night? Granted, whoever claimed the wrong Deep One would probably have to be of the Order anyway, so it'd probably be in their best interests to just let the Deep One die. 

Anyway, now that I understand insanity rules and stuff better, it'd probably be best if the Gravedigger(s) keep their identity secret, and then act on any potential reveal of a Deep One later in the game.

10 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

The one turn inability to vote or submit actions could be debilitating if everyone breaks at once, though it's more likely that insanity will occur gradually. I think it's better off if that happens closer to the beginning of the game when there's still lots of votes flying around. Although, @Elandera and @Snipexe, can an insane player be rendered insane again, with the ensuing inability to vote, PM, or submit actions? Specifically, do things like the Deep One's reveal and Broken Survivors work on those already insane?

I was under the assumption that you could become Insane multiple times. I don't know why you wouldn't be able to.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

The one turn inability to vote or submit actions could be debilitating if everyone breaks at once, though it's more likely that insanity will occur gradually. I think it's better off if that happens closer to the beginning of the game when there's still lots of votes flying around. Although, @Elandera and @Snipexe, can an insane player be rendered insane again, with the ensuing inability to vote, PM, or submit actions? Specifically, do things like the Deep One's reveal and Broken Survivors work on those already insane?

You can become insane more than once, though that does not affect the percentages of receiving PMs once you've been insane. I will also say you cannot be insane for two turns in a row.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, StrikerEZ said:

Anyway, the Necronomicon can only be used at night anyway. Which would mean that, if the user used it N1, they would be able to reveal it D2 in thread, even though they can't vote or PM or take an action. The only problem I see with that is what we would do if multiple people claimed that different people were the Deep One. Maybe lynch one of them that Day and have the Gravedigger kill the other that night? Granted, whoever claimed the wrong Deep One would probably have to be of the Order anyway, so it'd probably be in their best interests to just let the Deep One die. 

I looked for any way to become insane D1, and then forgot to check that the Necronomicon could be used D1. Still, there will likely only be one person claiming Necronomicon D2. We won't get an obvious Deep One reveal, but everyone working together might be more helpful in deciphering the clue than one person working alone.

18 minutes ago, Elandera said:

You can become insane more than once, though that does not affect the percentages of receiving PMs once you've been insane. I will also say you cannot be insane for two turns in a row.

That does make insanity less beneficial if it can happen multiple times over the course of a game. The information gained from the Necromocicon and Discover the Hidden are still worth it, but Mists of Releh just to prove one's ability to go insane is costlier. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Just some quick thoughts while I have a minute to post:

  • I feel pretty confident saying Striker is village.
  • I don't feel confident saying Sart is village.
  • Araris is an enigma, as always, and I kinda want to vote him to see if he does more.
  • I'm down for a CadCom vote to add some pressure. @Cadmium Compounder?
Edited by Amanuensis
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I looked for any way to become insane D1, and then forgot to check that the Necronomicon could be used D1. Still, there will likely only be one person claiming Necronomicon D2. We won't get an obvious Deep One reveal, but everyone working together might be more helpful in deciphering the clue than one person working alone.

That does make insanity less beneficial if it can happen multiple times over the course of a game. The information gained from the Necromocicon and Discover the Hidden are still worth it, but Mists of Releh just to prove one's ability to go insane is costlier. 

Re: your first paragraph, very much agreed that public discussion of any necronomicon claims to ensure lack of distortion is best; however, I’m less certain that you can’t become insane D1–Mists of Releh has the insanity cost attached to it, and can be used during the Day (though it’s less useful for catching Eliminators now than during the Night). 

19 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Just some quick thoughts while I have a minute to post:

  • I feel pretty confident saying Striker is village.
  • I don't feel confident saying Sart is village.
  • Araris is an enigma, as always, and I kinda want to vote him to see if he does more.
  • I'm down for a CadCom vote to add some pressure. @Cadmium Compounder?

Reading this, I agree with all points except the first. Right now, I feel as though Striker could have said what he did as either an Eliminator or a villager, while Sart’s comments, if harder to decipher and longer, actually contain AI content (Araris’, too, to some extent). Readiness to expose oneself to analysis (especially by voting) is typically a better sign than guarded or vague statements, so I’d trust Sart and Araris over, say, Devotary and Striker. Regardless, both are slippery players, so your more uncertain statements on both of them, which I would ordinarily view as hedging, are perfectly merited :P 

Rest of the things I’m going to mention before I have to log off the Shard for the rest of the cycle:

-Right now my vote is on CadCom, and it’s going to stay there; a single vote won’t kill him, and if he doesn’t show up by the end of the cycle to contribute, I won’t feel too guilty about killing him. Respectively, more posts from @ILuvHats and @xinoehp512 would be nice, as well as any posts at all from @shanerockes, @Ventyl and @Ark1002. Really, the game is more fun and meaningful when you guys contribute, aside from the fact that I don’t want half the players in the game as a blind spot in my suspect pool. 

Reads list forthcoming, perhaps tonight, but I’m running out of time to post it; suffice it to say that out of the active players, I “trust” Aman and Araris the most, appreciate Sart’s willingness to be active but distrust him, and retain my suspicion of Rath (when do I not? :P) after his comment to Araris earlier. Rather than trying to force us into lynching one of the few active players D1, though, I’d simply say that if by some miracle all of the lurkers and inactives appear, and we get an active discussion going, I’d personally be in favour of lynching him. (Rath is my first choice, but Devotary also works, who as usual is mostly registering as a giant question mark to my brain. :P) Right now, though, most of the votes are on inactives or lurkers (perhaps rightfully so), and I don’t see that changing unless people overcome their aversion to removing an active player D1.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Fifth Scholar said:

Reading this, I agree with all points except the first. Right now, I feel as though Striker could have said what he did as either an Eliminator or a villager, while Sart’s comments, if harder to decipher and longer, actually contain AI content (Araris’, too, to some extent). Readiness to expose oneself to analysis (especially by voting) is typically a better sign than guarded or vague statements, so I’d trust Sart and Araris over, say, Devotary and Striker. Regardless, both are slippery players, so your more uncertain statements on both of them, which I would ordinarily view as hedging, are perfectly merited :P 

Hm. I'm not so sure Striker could post what he did as an elim. Let me try to explain why.

7 hours ago, StrikerEZ said:

Sorry for taking so long to post, I kept meaning to, but college takes up a lot of my time and so I haven't been able to find a time to just sit down and think about what I want to do with Mr. Freegift. I was thinking about putting my thoughts on what everyone has posted in RP, but that would be too much for me right now with how tired I am. I'll probably be able to get on again before the end of the cycle, but don't expect anything huge from me.

Anyway, onto some analysis. Like Fifth said, I think that whoever has the necronomicon should use it as soon as possible. In addition to that, it might be beneficial for the Gravedigger to roleclaim publicly. I'm not usually one for public role claims this early in the game, but if the user of the necronomicon finds out who the Deep One is and PMs the Gravedigger the results (who the village could pass Elder Sign Pendants too), we could easily get rid of the Deep One. The only downside to that is that the Order could use Fenweed Poison or Mists of Releh to prevent the kill from going through. And there's no way the village would have enough Pendants to send to the Gravedigger (or that the village would even trust the person claiming Gravedigger enough to give them their Pendants).

So...maybe the Gravedigger publicly roleclaiming isn't the best idea. In that case, I think it'd be in the Gravedigger's best interests to get their kills in as soon as possible. Even if they hit a fort folk, that still narrows our list of suspicions drastically. And gives us data on players who interacted with that dead player. 

As for my opinion on insanity, I don't think we should all be trying our hardest to go insane. When we're insane, that's a whole cycle where we can't PM, vote, or take an action. That just gives way too much power to the Order. 

Anyway, I had other thoughts, but it's getting kind of late and I have an early class tomorrow. 

First paragraph is certainly NAI, yes.

I really like how Striker went down the Gravedigger tangent. I think an eliminator would prepare their thoughts more ahead of time instead of going through them stream-of-conscious in thread. After all, this would be a great thing to go over in the elim doc first. This gives me the impression that Striker has no other outlet for his thoughts.

While I disagree the Gravedigger should start killing immediately, I think this is coming from a village perspective rather than an eliminator one. Advocating a vigilante to start killing indiscriminately is a bit too blatant for an eliminator, even if hitting Fort Folk might accelerate their win con.

I also agree with his take on the insanity thing. I am a little skeptical he would reach this conclusion as an eliminator. It feels like a more natural concern of a villager.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tim returned from the refreshment table. He had is cheeks stuffed with cream puffs, and a plate in each hand. On the plates, he had some eclairs, mini donuts, a bit of chouta, and some æbleskivers. As he returned to his seat, he saw Ruthful and Innocent standing menacingly over his seat. 

"Eclais?" he asked with a stuffed mouth, offering a plate. 

Ruthful and Innocent weren't so accomodating, though they did take some eclaires. It turns out they were very frustrated with Tim, as he seemed to be no help. Truth be told, Tim knew he wasn't any help. He really just came for the food. 

But he sat down and listened as Ruthful and Innocent explained the situation to him. after they had finished, Tim thought intentfully. 

Tim had already finished the Eclaires and the Chouta. All he had left were the æbleskivers. Stuffing his face with powdered sugar covered pastries, he responded.

"Well Leth thee." he began, with more than a bit of a lisp, "Ith pwobably good tha the Necwonomicon cannot be dethtwoyed. That meanth we'll be abo to uthe it latew if thomeone doethn't uthe it eawly."

Taking a break from eating he continued.

 "But it looks to me like it would be a good idea to use it relatively early. I'm worried about the fact that people's voices can so easily be carried by the wind. This will affect our lynches" He paused. 

"Both because people can vote for who to lynch anonymously, and also because lies can be spread through the wind. I wouldn't trust messages you hear carried by the wind unless you have something to corroborate it yourself."

Tim had gotten hungry. So he returned to his remaining æbleskivers. 

----

So the Necromicon. Some people have suggested using it early, and I completely agree, because it will help us narrow down the identity of the Deep one. But I'm wondering if it's used too soon, will it be effective? Like how helpful will the hint be. Still, It's probably better to use it early rather than later. Any hint will be helpful in the long run.

Other than that, to me the game seems a bit frontloaded to favor the elims, IMO, but as the game continues, I think the village's chances of winning will go up as long as the inactivity plague doesn't strike too early.  

We should probably watch out for the neutrals. The Bounty Hunter is looking to kill two people out of 2 Elims, 3 neutrals, and 3 villagers, but two of the three neutrals seem to have somewhat village aligned goals, the journalist, and the necromancer. The journalist could potentially go full village, and also has the goal to get information out, and the necromancer shares the win-con with the village. (At least for now... The PAFO by Elandera regarding the Necromancer's alignment has me a bit concerned)

Then we have the criminal, whose goal is to steal things. While they definitely do not have a wincon that helps the village, they don't necessarily hurt it either, as there appears to be items that will be beneficial to the elims, as well as to the village. That, and they will steal indiscriminately, as long as their victim has an item. 

 

So that's my thoughts for now. 

Vote count:
Devotary          (1) Araris
Shanerockes    (1) Sart
CadCom           (2) Fifth, Amanuensis

I'm not going to vote yet, but I would prefer not to die D1, just like everyone else. So If I'm able to vote later, and I'm if still leading the lynch I'll likely vote for the person closest to me in vote tally. If I'm not leading the lynch, I'll try to put some analysis into a vote, as opposed to voting randomly. No promises as I'm rather busy today though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm. I agree with Aman’s read on Striker, barring an Aman/Striker team. I could easily see Aman asking one of his teammates to write a stream of consciousness post so that he could read them village. 

 My current vote is the sort of thing I have been doing every game, and I can understand both Fifth and Aman’s takes on it. I find it curious that Fifth seems to repeatedly give me the benefit of the doubt in these games (something which has led me to suspect him in the past), but because it’s a recurring pattern, I’d say that’s NAI.

3 minutes ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

Vote count:
Devotary          (1) Araris
Shanerockes    (1) Sart
CadCom           (2) Fifth, Amanuensis

I'm not going to vote yet, but I would prefer not to die D1, just like everyone else. So If I'm able to vote later, and I'm if still leading the lynch I'll likely vote for the person closest to me in vote tally. If I'm not leading the lynch, I'll try to put some analysis into a vote, as opposed to voting randomly. No promises as I'm rather busy today though.

Um, this comes off as rather elimy. If I replace “do analysis” with “help the village”, this basically says you will help the village if we (Fifth and Aman) back off, but won’t help if you’re going to die.

I feel like the ideal village response to being up for the lynch is to provide analysis that suggests you are trying to solve the game, and hope you convince people either of the results of your analysis, or that you are trying hard enough to postpone your lynch.

Given only 5 hours left in the cycle, I’ll also vote Cadcom. I’m rather busy today, which is why I’m voting now instead of waiting to hear more, but there are 8 players who haven’t voted yet, which is plenty to save Cadcom if necessary.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I should probably chime in to say I don't think the Gravedigger should use any kill until we pin the Deep One down. We have 14 players this game, meaning he only has two kills total, and if he kills a Fort Folk, he'll be driven insane. It'll probably be obvious who the Gravedigger is in this scenario. So let's just hope someone can use the Necronomicon today and get us a decent lead.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rule Clarification: Hidden Transcripts are a one-time use items. I realized that's the only item where it does not state that specifically, which was a GM mistake while creating the rules. We apologize.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a bit miffed that no one is defending Cad Com. If he is evil, I'm not sure what information we gained from this. If he's innocent, as I believe, then there's no guarantee the people voting on him are evil. This is why I like lynching inactive players. I'd rather lose to the elims than lose to inactivity.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One hour remaining in this turn. Get your votes and actions in now

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

"I'll defend me!" Tim said.

Up at the front there was a podium. Tim headed up to stand above and in front of the crowd. On the front of the podium there was a stick-like device that was about at the height of his mouth

"Testing testing. Oh awesome. This thing amplifies my voice. Hi Everyone. I'm Tim, for those who couldn't hear me earlier." Tim said

After he had everyone's attention, he continued. 

"Umm I'm kinda new here, and I don't pay much attention to what goes on. But I spoke for a moment with Innocent and Ruthful. So they helped me catch up. Please don't lynch me. I really am on your side, even if most of you don't believe so. I promise I can be of help. I'm... errr... really good at ancestry. If you allow me to live, I can dig up stuff about all of your families, to determine who would be most likely to be evil, based on family history, and ancestral tendencies. 

"I also brought the æbleskivers. I have the recipe. It's a family recipe. At the end, if we all survive, I can share the recipe with you!"

Then Tim went to sit back down. Hopefully the æbleskiver recipe would be enough to save him.

Edit: 

Tim stood back up, and said "Oh, uh, and I'll join that Mindful guy and vote on the guy who hasn't shown up and doesn't have a name. Shanerockes.

Edited by Cadmium Compounder
added vote
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I’m not really sure why we’re lynching CadCom. Maybe I missed something, but nothing they’ve said has really stood out to me so far. I don’t know if I wanna lynch shanerockes though. I’ll have to leave for class soon though, so I guess I should make up my mind...okay. I wanna see how people react to this. shanerockes. I’m not always a fan of tied lynches, but it’s only the first day and no one else is gonna be lynched this late in the cycle anyway. 

Also, @Amanuensis thanks for the vote of confidence. Obviously, now I have to believe that you’re pocketing me. :P

And @Fifth Scholar your suspicion of me is certainly warranted. If I had time to really sit and defend myself, I would, but I need to leave soon, so I can’t do much. I’ll just say that I’d have totally been down for doing something like you suggest me and Aman might be doing, if we’re both elims. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vote count:
Shanerockes    (3) Sart, Striker, CadCom
CadCom           (3) Fifth, Amanuensis, Araris

We're tied, and seeing how anyone has the ability to send in anonymous votes this lynch won't be random. I am averse to lynching at all D1...but I'm even more averse to lynching an active player. So I'll be voting Shanerockes @shanerockes to end the tie.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, I'm here. 

4 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

So the Necromicon. Some people have suggested using it early, and I completely agree, because it will help us narrow down the identity of the Deep one. But I'm wondering if it's used too soon, will it be effective? Like how helpful will the hint be. Still, It's probably better to use it early rather than later. Any hint will be helpful in the long run.

Hi CadCom. Thanks for posting more. In response to this, I had a thought. @Elandera, will the hint we get N1 be the same hint we'd get any other night of the game?

56 minutes ago, Sart said:

I'm a bit miffed that no one is defending Cad Com. If he is evil, I'm not sure what information we gained from this. If he's innocent, as I believe, then there's no guarantee the people voting on him are evil. This is why I like lynching inactive players. I'd rather lose to the elims than lose to inactivity.

Hi Sart. Counterpoint. The likelihood of Shane being an eliminator while inactive is slim-to-none, while as of right now, yourself, Striker and Venture all have votes in place to save him. If you aren't evil one of them certainly could be. I'd rather check CadCom's alignment at this point.

I was considering changing my vote, but I'm okay with this.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This turn is over. Please standby while we send PMs. The next turn will be posted shortly (hopefully). @Amanuensis, I'll answer your question in the rule clarification of the next cycle.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Rowley watched in quiet horror as the crowd around him swelled, filled with people who were hungry for blood. He’d heard the yells while he was in the Innsmouth library, translating some of the sacrificial runes, and when he exited he’d seen a mob dragging behind them what seemed to be an ordinary man. He naively hadn’t realized what they intended.

Now, an hour later, he’d finally realized their true intentions.

Rowley had known the people were upset, the glares he got everyday, the broken families he had to comfort, the children running one the street were evidence enough. But it appeared that the people had finally reached a breaking point, their internal strife had been set loose, and they were ready to kill their fellows. It filled Rowley with disgust, the idea of killing your neighbor in cold blood, no matter the people at your back.

So it was with shame that he turned his back on the mob as it reached a peak of rage. Even if it was terrible, he was just a man, and this was a group of hundreds. He heard a cry of anguish, let loose high above the yells for justice. He turned around, priorities reconsidered, but as he did so he could see it was too late. The crowd began to disperse, their rage expended, at least for one more day.

The body lay still in the street, a pool of blood spreading from various wounds about it. Rowley walked up to it in silence, even as around him people streamed through the various side roads and alleys that fills Innsmouth. He crouched down, hoping that the will of the people had been correct after all, doing his best to keep his mind under control, and rifled through the man’s pockets. Disappointingly, all that the man had on him was a notebook and paper. Rowley wretched, realizing that he had just searched an innocent dead man’s pockets. He sighed and returned with a far somber cast back to the library.


shanerockes was lynched! They were a Journalist.

Vote count

Cadmium Compounder (3) - Fifth Scholar, Araris Valerian, Amanuensis
shanerockes (4) - Cadmium Compounder, Butt Ad Venture, StrikerEZ, Sart

Rule Clarifications

Please review these, as there are some which have not been announced in thread.

Spoiler

No Group PMs

Listen at the Door - PMs will only include those between the two target players

Insanity - A player may become insane more than once, but cannot go insane two turns in a row. This does not change the chance percentage to receive pieces of PMs

Neutral Roles - If they fail their win-con, they will become a vanilla Fort Folk and win or lose with the village. If they achieve their win-con, they continue playing as a neutral party, with the exception of the Necromancer.

Item Distribution - The Necronomicon is not distributed until N2. Every other night, starting with N2, there is a 10% chance any player will pick up an item at random.

Necronomicon - There is only one Necronomicon, which will provide the same hint, no matter which night it is used. 

Player List

Spoiler
  1. Xinoehp512 - Enasni
  2. Rathmaskal - Rathinal Maskworth
  3. Fifth Scholar - Ruthful
  4. Cadmium Compounder - Tim
  5. Araris Valerian - Fade
  6. shanerockes Journalist
  7. Amanuensis - Innocent
  8. Butt Ad Venture - Patrick Punnington
  9. StrikerEZ - Mr. Freegift
  10. Ventyl - Nogard fo Redro
  11. ILuvHats - Kill-sin Pimple
  12. Sart - Mindful
  13. Ark1002 - Arr K. Thousantoo
  14. Devotary of Spontaneity - Lord Ghent

This turn will end Friday, October 4 at 12 p.m. PST.

Edited by Elandera
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stand by my last post. I suspect CadCom was saved by an ally.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.