Everstorm in the Cognitive Realm

TheEdgedancer

Wouldn't the Everstorm have an appearance/reflection in the Cognitive Realm? (Or in fact be partially in Shadesmar?)

If so, why didn't we see it in Part 4 of Oathbringer when Shallan, Pattern, Kaladin, Syl, Azure/Vivenna, Adolin, and Maya journeyed through Shadesmar/Roshar's CR?

Is this an error or is there something obvious I missed?

What might its appearance look like in Shadesmar?

I don't think it has a big representation. We also see highstorms in the Cognitive, and they're not really visible there, either. So it doesn't sound like either storm has particularly strong Cognitive presences.

Overhead, the clouds rippled with the mother-of-pearl iridescence that marked another highstorm in the real world. Shallan could barely see it through the canopy, but the effect on Pattern and Syl was immediate. They stood up straighter, and Syl’s wan color brightened to a healthy blue-white. Pattern’s head shifted more quickly, spinning through a dozen different cycles in a matter of minutes.

So the Everstorm might cause a different sort of cloud coloration, but that'd be about it?

It should have some kind of appearance in the Cognitive Realm, if only because people are thinking about it quite a lot. But I don't know if it would necessarily have a particularly noticeable appearance- it would almost certainly be more subtle than the Highstorm, because there aren't as many things relying on Voidlight as there are for Stormlight, and it's not as well established in the Rosharan's minds. 

It's possible, however, that they did, in fact, see the Everstorm at some point off-page, and didn't tell the reader about it because its appearance would reveal something that Brandon doesn't want us to know yet.

It does, and we didn't see it intentionally. 

Overlord Jebus

During part 4 of Oathbringer when they are in Shadesmar. At no point did you depict an Everstorm whilst they are in there, and they were in there several weeks. Is there a specific reason you didn't depict that, or does it just not have a presence in the Cognitive Realm?

Brandon Sanderson

There is a specific reason I didn't depict that. It will be involved in a later book, and I was dodging it for "I'm not sure how I'm going to canonize this yet." 

Emerald City Comic Con 2018 (March 1, 2018)

• Chaos locked this topic