Walkelody: Another Wedding

Darth Woodrack

"I now pronounce you husband and wife," Said Dusk, who can do these if anyone forgot.

Walker smiled. He was finally married. He smiled, and kissed Melody, his wife.

@Blessing of Potency

Alright, another wedding! TUBA, come one, come all. Ghostbloods: Ambrosia Silas, get over here! DA: Don't mess with the buffet.

Outdoor wedding, life band, buffet. Dusk has control over the music.

Let's try and keep this civil. Ish.

This is the right one.

Edited by Darth Woodrack

*struggles for too long trying to find the follow button on desktop*

*struggles to write this post for a whole lot longer*

This'll probably be editted, I don't have the mental space to write more than this right now....

Melody also smiles, falling into the kiss. Her mind unconsciously dampaning incoming sounds around her, allowing her to just enjoy this moment.

There was a lonely little ant. He walked in the grass just outside the wedding. He had no friends, but he spotted a female ant just across. They were so far away from each other, a full meter, but that didn’t stop their love. The male ant waved, and the female ant blushed. They were soulmates. Maybe if —

“Huh, I do like these wedding arrangements,” Lusk said and walked to where the wedding was happening, with one step inadvertently crushing the male ant into a thousand pieces. Lusk looked at where Melody and Walker were getting married. He’d duelled the Walker guy. That duel had been the first time Lusk had ever tried to stand up for what was right.

He’d been repaid for it by getting liver failure, then immediately hit in the face by the person he was trying to stand up for, and then subjected to days of painful treatment. It seemed the universe had spoken; Lusk was never meant to be good.

He clapped anyway when the priest announced them man and wife, unable to hear the tiny screams of the female ant.

On 9/18/2019 at 6:34 PM, I think I am here. said:

He clapped anyway when the priest announced them man and wife, unable to hear the tiny screams of the female ant.

The fresh air felt good. No, not good--great. Freedom took a deep breath of it, smiling. Her months long house arrest was finally over. After all the PlasmaCore business, Pry had gone all responsible sibling on her and grounded her. That was fine by Freedom, as it gave her plenty of uninterrupted time to experiment with extrapolation and atium, but it also didn’t grant many opportunities to venture outdoors. The only way she’d been able to was accompanied and that always felt pretty awkward.

Freedom fidgeted with the sleeve of her shirt. It was Pry’s, only fitting because she was storing away age. Her sister had received an invitation as a by product of still being on the TUBA mailing list. She’d sent in countless requests to be taken off it, but it never seemed to happen. Pry didn’t want to ignore it though, so despite being busy herself, she delegated going to Freedom, saying that as they hadn’t seen her in a while anyways, Freedom could just show up in her place. Freedom wasn't so sure that was how things worked.

Either way, she was avoiding actually talking to anyone as she had no clue what Pry had actually done for TUBA and would end up in awkward territory. 

“Huh, I do like these wedding arrangements,” someone near her said. The voice was familiar.

She glanced around quickly, eyes landing on Lusk Uwik. He was watching the couple.

“They do have some charm,” Freedom said. “Though, the last time I was at a wedding, I ended up bringing the groom near to tears.”

Edited by Silva
Rephrasing.

33 minutes ago, Silva said:

“They do have some charm,” Freedom said. “Though, the last time I was at a wedding, I ended up bringing the groom near to tears.”

“Lucky,” Lusk said, masking his surprise at seeing the Atium Ferring again. Freedom. How long ago had it been since their last lesson? Six months?

His eyes remained on Walker as he spoke. “The only time I managed to bring this groom near to tears was in the duel we had, and I am not too keen on starting another one of those in my current state.”

As he spoke about the duel he perked up.

“Have you seen tapes of that duel, by the way? It might provide insight into better combat strategies with Atium. And no, I don’t suggest watching it becuase I’m narcisstic.”

He grinned tiredly and glanced at Freedom.

“Though I’d be lying if I said that wasn’t part of it.”

I probably shouldn’t be here, Deteca mused. I should probably be doing something more important...but nobody is going to yell at me for going to a wedding. They probably wouldn’t yell at me anyway. She noticed people standing and talking in the back and made her way over to them, but didn’t interrupt their conversation. 

21 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“Though I’d be lying if I said that wasn’t part of it.”

"Haven't had that pleasure," Freedom said, half sarcastically. "Though I actually hadn't even been aware that they recorded duels. It makes sense, but at the same time it seems like an unnecessary way of making violence seem more appealing, when it shouldn't be."

The groom turned their way and smiled. She looked away quickly, only to spot a woman standing next to them.

Freedom recognized her. Deteca something-or-other. Head of TUBA. 

Rusts. It was a weird feeling to be surrounded by powerful people. She turned back to Lusk.

"Then again, having them as reference might not be a bad thing in the preventative sense--know how to shut things down before they progress too far and out of control."

4 minutes ago, Silva said:

“Then again, having them as reference might not be a bad thing in the preventative sense--know how to shut things down before they progress too far and out of control."

“Exactly,” Lusk said. He saw Walker look towards him and Lusk smiled and waved. They looked happy, the couple. That was good, what really mattered in a relationship. Not that Lusk has any frame of reference.

“Frame it however you want, but violence is useful. As long as you don’t go all misty-eyed mid-fight, it’s a valuable tool I wouldn’t risk not knowing.”

He paused. “I do agree about the duels, though. I actually tried to shut Walker and I’s down, in the middle of it. Didn’t go so well.” His hand subconsciously drifted to his midriff and he cringed realising that if she took up he’s advice to watch the duel she’d see how he’d gotten his liver injury in the first place.

On 9/19/2019 at 6:02 PM, I think I am here. said:

He paused. “I do agree about the duels, though. I actually tried to shut Walker and I’s down, in the middle of it. Didn’t go so well.” His hand subconsciously drifted to his midriff and he cringed realising that if she took up he’s advice to watch the duel she’d see how he’d gotten his liver injury in the first place.

She noticed the slight movement but didn't comment on it.

"It doesn't seem as though there's any lasting enmity," she said, watching Walker. "Did you sort out whatever it was you had against one another?"

Freedom stifled a yawn. It was nice that even despite the craziness of the city, things like weddings happened. A little normalcy in the chaos.

Edited by Silva
Added a sentence

“Not at all,” Lusk said, smiling politely at Walker. He glanced and flashed a grin at Freedom too, answering both of their questions with the same one phrase in a genius stroke of conversational talent Lusk could only tap himself on the back for.

“I wish you and your new wife well,” Lusk said, bringing out something from his pocket. It was a bead of atrium, with intricate designs sketched around and engraved into it. It was something not meant to be burnt for Allomancy, though it certainly could have as it was pure, refined atrium. He handed it to Walker.

“Happy wedding.”

She rolled her eyes discreetly in response to Lusk's grin. It wouldn't do to increase the man's already quite large opinion of himself.

"Congratulations on your wedding," Freedom said. It surprised her that Walker recognized her; they might have met once before, though she couldn't recall. "Pry wished she could be here, but things came up..."