Stuff that Must Have Happened

And Megan would be....Rose?

Oh my gosh, this makes too much sense.

I don't know, I think Amy Pond would be more applicable functionally as well as personality wise. 

edit: mixed companions up, i mean Clara Oswald

Edited by Pathfinder

I don't know, I think Amy Pond would be more applicable functionally as well as personality wise. 

edit: mixed companions up, i mean Clara Oswald

Name of the Doctor spoilers:

My personal theory is that Megan is actually Shallan after she leaps into Hoid's timestream on the planet Braize.

All over Newcago businesses are signs with little single-digit flip charts. They read, "x days since an Epic killed someone here"

For some reason, no one bothered to add any digit flip cards higher than one. Mysteriously, this never became an issue.......

All over Newcago businesses are signs with little single-digit flip charts. They read, "x days since an Epic killed someone here"

For some reason, no one bothered to add any digit flip cards higher than one. Mysteriously, this never became an issue.......

It did, actually. The day someone decided to add a spot for decimal points for extra accuracy. 

So here is a thought. Lets say Steelheart read The Hunger Games. I think a cannon sounding every time a person dies would be right up his alley. Would be a rather grim world to live in, where you hear a cannon go off daily, knowing it means another person's life cut short. Hell a person wouldn't even have to actually die all the time, just sound it off, to help the propaganda machine instill fear in the populace. 

So here is a thought. Lets say Steelheart read The Hunger Games. I think a cannon sounding every time a person dies would be right up his alley. Would be a rather grim world to live in, where you hear a cannon go off daily, knowing it means another person's life cut short. Hell a person wouldn't even have to actually die all the time, just sound it off, to help the propaganda machine instill fear in the populace. 

Wow. I think that alone is evidence Steelheart never read The Hunger Games. Actually, under him, it was probably banned because of its themes of revolution against oppression. And that is one case where a self-absorbed main character would actually make it less appealing to the ruthless dictator, because Katniss' example would send the message that simply protecting yourself and your family could start a revolution. 

Immersion/Fan Fiction/Dystopian: A reality-warping Epic that changes the 50 km or so around himself into the setting of any book he's read, complete with characters, landscapes, even languages. The only things unaffected by the change are humans. The thing is, though he can't precisely control the actions of every character, he can trigger plot events in the future, and the characters will do what is necessary to bring that about, even if they seem like kind, good, nice, or even heroic people to the real-world people they meet. The Epic himself can posses any one of them any time he wants to, of course. He particularly likes ten-minutes into the future novels - it can be nearly impossible to tell who's a character and who's a person in that case, leaving everyone open to suspicion.

Immersion/Fan Fiction/Dystopian: A reality-warping Epic that changes the 50 km or so around himself into the setting of any book he's read, complete with characters, landscapes, even languages. The only things unaffected by the change are humans. The thing is, though he can't precisely control the actions of every character, he can trigger plot events in the future, and the characters will do what is necessary to bring that about, even if they seem like kind, good, nice, or even heroic people to the real-world people they meet. The Epic himself can posses any one of them any time he wants to, of course. He particularly likes ten-minutes into the future novels - it can be nearly impossible to tell who's a character and who's a person in that case, leaving everyone open to suspicion.

I really can't express how much I love this Epic concept. :D

Wow. I think that alone is evidence Steelheart never read The Hunger Games. Actually, under him, it was probably banned because of its themes of revolution against oppression. And that is one case where a self-absorbed main character would actually make it less appealing to the ruthless dictator, because Katniss' example would send the message that simply protecting yourself and your family could start a revolution. 

Honestly I think if he read it, he would just sneer and go "stupid norm, you never give them even a CHANCE to win. The only winner of the hunger games, should be those that die QUICKLY"

Rage Against the Machine-Know Your Enemy -> Bow to the Machine-Know Your Sovereignty

Pennywise-*expletive* (please tell me THAT is not skirting the rules) Authority->Pennywise-Praise Authority

Sex Pistols- Anarchy in the UK->Sex Pistols-Order in Newcago

Frank Sinatra-New York New York->Frank Sinatra- Newcago Newcago

(Will add more as I think of them lol)

Steal heart records brining you great hits since the appearance of calamity. We have recently outsold (destroyed/killed) artists like Justine beiber, and lady gaga. The newest hit is an od remix called hey they're Faultline by the plain white tee's. Recently Steel heart records has taken on an ambitious project, rewriting the musicale Les Mis with epics! Jarvert will never catch the dashing epic Jhon val jhon as he takes down an entire (non epic based) empire and rebuilds it into something better. Along the way he kidnaps a young girl and mind washes her into thinking she is his daughter, and uses her as a bargaining tool with one of the leaders of the revelation. Come to the reeves playhouse to se. Lees Miserables

I wonder how Steelheart felt about Christmas. Did he try to make it all about Santa to placate the people who wanted to celebrate it? Or did he ban it outright because he didn't like the idea of a God more powerful than he was? Or did he decide that the Bible was full of fairy tales and laugh it off? 

The things I think of when I'm trying to sleep….

I wonder how Steelheart felt about Christmas. Did he try to make it all about Santa to placate the people who wanted to celebrate it? Or did he ban it outright because he didn't like the idea of a God more powerful than he was? Or did he decide that the Bible was full of fairy tales and laugh it off? 

The things I think of when I'm trying to sleep….

He sees you when you're sleeping. He can travel the world in a single night. Santa was probably reimagined as an Epic, with morality tales written about him slaughtering "naughty" civilians.

He sees you when you're sleeping. He can travel the world in a single night. Santa was probably reimagined as an Epic, with morality tales written about him slaughtering "naughty" civilians.

So the "Jolly Boots of Doom" song from Invader Zim was the only Christmas carol Newcagoans were allowed to sing? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CP1thwtnKtk