The Bleeding Spike Tavern

Elend  Venture

10 hours ago, I ♥️ Rashek said:

Bruce walked into the bar. He'd been told that one of Mr. Itiah's murderers could be found here, and as he looked around the room, he saw the suspect, one Vio Lin, playing the violin in plain sight. Too easy. He walked over to Lin and flashed his badge. "Mr. Lin, you're under arrest for conspiracy to murder Mr. Itiah. Will you come quietly?"

@Oduim’s Chmapion

Hey :)

So I'm happy to see that you'd like to participate here use your new character, but it hasn't been approved yet. For now I'd like to ask you to not use his skills, until me or another mod approves him. I read through his sheet already, but I'm waiting for a second opinion on how to rate his equipment. Thanks a lot.

=============

Lowering his head at Lusk's reprieve regarding time, Mike swallowed, glad to see that Nila and Mari both started to act. He should have known better than to try to wrestle control from a Triarchy member. Stupid Mike, stupid.

Mike nodded quickly. "I can take a window and get in through the sides."

He hastened towards the tavern and used his knife to quietly unlock one of the windows. Then he leaned against the wall, pretended to check his mobile while he waited for Lusk to give the signal.

@I think I am here.

Edited by Sorana
added Mike's post

Lusk nodded and walked into the bar. He looked like a child, and he hoped the disguise would work. At least enough for him to give the signal and for the ambush to take place.

“Sir?” He asked quietly, walking up close to Vio. “Do you think you could play something for me?”

@Oduim’s Chmapion

32 minutes ago, I think I am here. said:

Lusk nodded and walked into the bar. He looked like a child, and he hoped the disguise would work. At least enough for him to give the signal and for the ambush to take place.

“Sir?” He asked quietly, walking up close to Vio. “Do you think you could play something for me?”

@Oduim’s Chmapion

Vio turned to the child who had just entered the bar. Really, He thought, This is the best the Ghostbloods could do? "No, kid," Vio said. "Plese tell me I guessed right and you are the Ghostbloods." Walking over to his table he gestured to the seat opposite him. "Please sit and talk with me." @I think I am here.

Mike was standing outside of his window, impatiently tapped his foot on the ground. He waited for a sign, waited, waited, but nothing came. Then he heard Lusk's voice, readied himself - but no sign came. Lusk had decided that he should do it alone, or maybe he just wasn't able to signal them?

Mike grit his teeth when his arms covered first in scales, then in fur and he jumped to his feet. He had unlocked the window, and now he reached out for it, pushed it open and tried to jump through. Squirrel launched them into a beautiful jump, when Snake took over midflight, ready to attack whoever was inside, whoever Lusk was talking to. It ended with Mike crashing ungracefully into the window, falling to the ground with a loud noise.

He lay there for a moment, tried to orient himself, then he slowly got to his feet.

@Oduim’s Chmapion

@kenod

48 minutes ago, Oduim’s Chmapion said:

Vio turned to the child who had just entered the bar. Really, He thought, This is the best the Ghostbloods could do? "No, kid," Vio said. "Plese tell me I guessed right and you are the Ghostbloods." Walking over to his table he gestured to the seat opposite him. "Please sit and talk with me." @I think I am here.

“Ghostbloods?” Lusk blinked and watched as a man came crashing through the window. So much for the signal.

“Now!” He said and pressed a cadmium Allomancy cube in his pocket, encasing him and Vio in a time bubble, hopefully buying time for the rest of the group to capture and ambush him.

5 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

“Ghostbloods?” Lusk blinked and watched as a man came crashing through the window. So much for the signal.

“Now!” He said and pressed a cadmium Allomancy cube in his pocket, encasing him and Vio in a time bubble, hopefully buying time for the rest of the group to capture and ambush him.

Vio looked at what was happening around him, time seemed to slow down as he was encased in a bubble of some sort. He spun quickly and shot a wave of tensor power in all directions, including the wall behind him. He turned ready to make an escape through the wall as he lashed himself toward the direction of the hole.

@I think I am here. @Sorana @kenod 

Mari heard Lusk shout and burst through the kitchen door into the common room, where she found Lusk and a second man standing nearly frozen, the second man slowly spinning around. Speed bubble, she thought. She tossed a fork towards them, watching as it suddenly stopped in midair as it hit the boundary, showing her how far out it was. She gave a quick nod and walked around the boundary, following the spinning of the man inside it, the one who was likely their target. At some point a slow wave of power suddenly emanated from him, suddenly rushing forwards once it hit the boundary, turning a large part of the wall to dust. Mari moved over to the hole at the same time as her target started to slowly move towards it as well. She looked at him impassively. She threw a quick glance at the fork she had thrown in, checking how slowly it was falling, and used it to make an estimate of how slow the bubble was. Now everything was just a matter of timing, and that was something she had always been good at.

When the violinist left the bubble he suddenly shot forwards, and she reached out, grabbing onto him and tapping enough mass from her iron minds the floor cracked beneath her, hoping to stop him or throw him to the ground.

22 hours ago, kenod said:

Mari heard Lusk shout and burst through the kitchen door into the common room, where she found Lusk and a second man standing nearly frozen, the second man slowly spinning around. Speed bubble, she thought. She tossed a fork towards them, watching as it suddenly stopped in midair as it hit the boundary, showing her how far out it was. She gave a quick nod and walked around the boundary, following the spinning of the man inside it, the one who was likely their target. At some point a slow wave of power suddenly emanated from him, suddenly rushing forwards once it hit the boundary, turning a large part of the wall to dust. Mari moved over to the hole at the same time as her target started to slowly move towards it as well. She looked at him impassively. She threw a quick glance at the fork she had thrown in, checking how slowly it was falling, and used it to make an estimate of how slow the bubble was. Now everything was just a matter of timing, and that was something she had always been good at.

When the violinist left the bubble he suddenly shot forwards, and she reached out, grabbing onto him and tapping enough mass from her iron minds the floor cracked beneath her, hoping to stop him or throw him to the ground.

Vio cursed as his leg was caught by a woman. He quickly lashed himself once more sideways. Kicking he lashed the woman toward the roof of the Bleeding Spike.

9 minutes ago, Oduim’s Chmapion said:

Vio cursed as his leg was caught by a woman. He quickly lashed himself once more sideways. Kicking he lashed the woman toward the roof of the Bleeding Spike.

Isn't Vio using a fabrial for all this?

Also, ignoring that, using Gravitation on something requires direct contact, so unless Vio is wearing shorts or his fabrial is embedded into his pants this would be rather difficult.

Edited by kenod

Cumbert Swishysword shot out of his chair, sending it crashing to the floor. The room had exploded into chaos. A woman was flying through the air, a man was frozen in mid-step, a man had blasted open the wall, and a very confused sea lion was asking for directions. (We'll ignore him for the moment)

Cumbert had asked for purpose, he had asked for a path. This was not what he had asked for, but it was good enough. Cumbert Swishysword, terror of the fruitmarkets, scourge of the produce section of the AlleyCity shopping center, whipped out his sword, sliced a kiwi, and let out a bellowing roar. 

Cumbert raced forward. He didn't know which side was good or bad, but he intended to give both sides a royal beating. He swung his sword at the frozen man's head, tripped on his shoelaces and crashed to the floor.

On 1.11.2019 at 3:13 PM, FatherTiempo said:

Cumbert raced forward. He didn't know which side was good or bad, but he intended to give both sides a royal beating. He swung his sword at the frozen man's head, tripped on his shoelaces and crashed to the floor.

Snake got to her feet, cursed the boy's lanky arms and legs. He really needed to grow more, get the proportions right again. She tensed when a new person entered the fight, but as the person tripped over their show laces, she ignored him for now.

Instead she drew Mike's knives and then moved forward, fast and dangerous, attempted to bite Vio's arm with her long, sharp teeth. Vio was focused on Mari, so hopefully he wouldn't notice her moving until it was too late.

@kenod @Oduim’s Chmapion

5 hours ago, Sorana said:

Snake got to her feet, cursed the boy's lanky arms and legs. He really needed to grow more, get the proportions right again. She tensed when a new person entered the fight, but as the person tripped over their show laces, she ignored him for now.

Instead she drew Mike's knives and then moved forward, fast and dangerous, attempted to bite Vio's arm with her long, sharp teeth. Vio was focused on Mari, so hopefully he wouldn't notice her moving until it was too late.

@kenod @Oduim’s Chmapion

Vio screamed as fangs entered his arms. He activated his fabrial and felt the healing take place. @kenod @Sorana

Jacien walked down the street. He had heard about a new tavern that had poked up after the old Odd Job Tavern had met its demise, and figured it would be a good enough place to get a place to stay as any. That is, until he could find more permanent lodging. The place was called The Bleeding Spike. That didn't sound all that friendly. He rounded a corner and looked over the building appraisingly. At first glance, it seemed a nice enough place-that is until you looked down at the splattered red paint on the front door, declaring the tavern's name.

Jacien sighed and stepped up to the door, pushing it open, and was welcomed by the sight of full scale fight on his hands.

4 hours ago, Sunbringer said:

Jacien walked down the street. He had heard about a new tavern that had poked up after the old Odd Job Tavern had met its demise, and figured it would be a good enough place to get a place to stay as any. That is, until he could find more permanent lodging. The place was called The Bleeding Spike. That didn't sound all that friendly. He rounded a corner and looked over the building appraisingly. At first glance, it seemed a nice enough place-that is until you looked down at the splattered red paint on the front door, declaring the tavern's name.

Jacien sighed and stepped up to the door, pushing it open, and was welcomed by the sight of full scale fight on his hands.

Cumbert Swishysword roared in bloody rage. He sprang to his feet, only he was facing the door of The Bleeding Spike, and a man had just walked into the tavern.

Cumbert nodded to the newcomer. "Afternoon, Mate." (it will never do to be rude to people), and turned, swinging his cutlass at the woman chewing on a glowing man.

On 11/7/2019 at 5:49 PM, FatherTiempo said:

Cumbert Swishysword roared in bloody rage. He sprang to his feet, only he was facing the door of The Bleeding Spike, and a man had just walked into the tavern.

Cumbert nodded to the newcomer. "Afternoon, Mate." (it will never do to be rude to people), and turned, swinging his cutlass at the woman chewing on a glowing man.

Jacien nodded back numbly. Less than a day back and he had already stumbled into a fight, and he had no idea who to help or who to fight. He made his way in, breathing in a tiny bit of stormlight, just in case, and decided to wait, ready to heal anyone who fell. 

On 7.11.2019 at 1:27 PM, Oduim’s Chmapion said:

Vio screamed as fangs entered his arms. He activated his fabrial and felt the healing take place. @kenod @Sorana

Snake saw the two new ones and an idea crossed her mind. Vio was strong, stronger them he himself, but with some help, it might be possible.

"Please, help us to catch him! He murdered someone and we are trying to find out who was behind the murder. We want to question him, to find those responsible." Her voice broke when she had to concentrate on moving Mike's body and talking, while she tried to get a good hold on Vio. He hadn't moved away after she bit into his arm, so she was close enough that she felt confident to give it a try.

@FatherTiempo @Sunbringer

16 hours ago, Sorana said:

Snake saw the two new ones and an idea crossed her mind. Vio was strong, stronger them he himself, but with some help, it might be possible.

"Please, help us to catch him! He murdered someone and we are trying to find out who was behind the murder. We want to question him, to find those responsible." Her voice broke when she had to concentrate on moving Mike's body and talking, while she tried to get a good hold on Vio. He hadn't moved away after she bit into his arm, so she was close enough that she felt confident to give it a try.

Jacien's gaze locked onto the person indicated. He wasn't sure what to make of this. He had no evidence that what this woman said was true, there were a lot of people more than willing to lie and deceive to get what they want in the alleyverse, but if she was telling the truth it would probably be best to stop them. He decided on a middle route, reaching into his pocket and pulling out a handful of seeds. He inhaled sharply, drawing in more stormlight, he would need it. He stepped forward, infusing the seeds with stormlight and flinging them across the floor at the feet of both of the individuals. The seeds sprouted and roots grew rapidly, pushing their way through the room, working their way between floorboards and around the two people.

Having expended all his stormlight, sucked in some more. His reserves were running low, he would need to find some more infused spheres soon.

Edited by Sunbringer

6 hours ago, Sunbringer said:

The seeds sprouted and roots grew rapidly, pushing their way through the room, working their way between floorboards and around the two people.

Snake is a female snake in a male teen's body. Sorry, I know this is confusing, but this character  is called originally called Mike. The rest is just happening in his brain. Apart from the part where his body morphs, that one can be seen.

Snake hissed angrily, surprised at the roots, growing over Mike's feet. She tried to wiggle free, but feet were no snakes body and so she withdraw. Mike jumped into the opening she left and looked at the new person.

"I'm Mike." He quickly introduced himself, before one of the animals could do it and cause ever more confusion. "May I ask who you are?" His voice shook slightly, while he tried to look around, to grasp the situation. He had lost grip on himself, even more than before. He hadn't even understood what happened, while he had sat in the darkness, the night slowly pressing in on him.

=============

@Oduim’s Chmapion

tagged you fyi since Vio was trapped as well.

What do you think about ending the battle and head off to look for the NPCs?

Cumbert Swishysword pulled back narrowly missing a chipper young lad that had just popped up from the ground.

In the space of a few seconds the snakewoman turned into a snake, the frozen man was still frozen, a new combatant had walked through the door, and the sea lion had found a map.

Anyone of these occurrences would have been welcome treat, and Cumbert had seen them all. Cumbert swirled in his coat, poised and at the ready, waiting for the first, glowing, bitten man to make his move.

Edited by FatherTiempo