The Bleeding Spike Tavern

Elend  Venture

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

Lena pursed her lips and considered the offer. You bargained, that was how these things were down.

"Five vials is a pretty large range. You have no idea how large my vials are. But I can give you four applications that should be deadly for an average sized man."

"Hmm, your right, show me one of your viles, I do like that offer however." Hydries walked out from behind the counter in a very flirtatious way.

7 minutes ago, Oduim's Chmapion said:

"Hmm, your right, show me one of your viles, I do like that offer however." Hydries walked out from behind the counter in a very flirtatious way.

Lena took another sip of her wine and considered her words. Shrugging she reached into her pocket, her fingers brushing over different vials and bottles until she finally touched her favourite poison. Before she pulled it out, she changed her position, made sure her body posture showed her assets of to the other woman. Shre rarely said no to some fun.

Slowly she lifted the small bottle and held it up.

"Depending on your target, a drop can be too much."

She grinned slightly.

"We're not talking vials with this one. If you want to have mass, then you have to go with something more harmless. This one is for those who know what they do."

Lena took another sip of her wine and considered her words. Shrugging she reached into her pocket, her fingers brushing over different vials and bottles until she finally touched her favourite poison. Before she pulled it out, she changed her position, made sure her body posture showed her assets of to the other woman. Shre rarely said no to some fun.

Slowly she lifted the small bottle and held it up.

"Depending on your target, a drop can be too much."

She grinned slightly.

"We're not talking vials with this one. If you want to have mass, then you have to go with something more harmless. This one is for those who know what they do."

Hydries looked at the other woman, she sure knew how to flaunt her stuff didn't she. "Well then," she said with a grin leaning forward. "I think that your offer is good. What do you want for it?"

3 minutes ago, Oduim's Chmapion said:

Hydries looked at the other woman, she sure knew how to flaunt her stuff didn't she. "Well then," she said with a grin leaning forward. "I think that your offer is good. What do you want for it?"

Lena laughed happily. It was always great to spread poison into the city.

"Four dead bodies for three weapons. Although I'd like to choose the weapons later on, or send someone by to fetch them."

So a quick OOC note on my part: Lena can create the stuff and she will give it to you. (Basically nearly all her points are spend on creating poisons and potions.) But should you use that against another PC, without talking to the player first it's really close to godmodding. Those without magical healing abilities or a healer close by face the high chance that their character will die. It's irl one of the most poisonous things you can find in our nature and it's quick and deadly.

2 minutes ago, Sorana said:

Lena laughed happily. It was always great to spread poison into the city.

"Four dead bodies for three weapons. Although I'd like to choose the weapons later on, or send someone by to fetch them."

"That sounds great, anything else that you want?" 

Hydries said this slyly with a knowing smile.

6 minutes ago, Oduim's Chmapion said:

"That sounds great, anything else that you want?" 

Hydries said this slyly with a knowing smile.

Lena took another sip of her wine and then nodded, placed some chrysts on the table.

"Another glass of wine, port if you have."

She ordered and winked at Hydries.

"I'm expecting some company soon."

Just now, Sorana said:

Lena took another sip of her wine and then nodded, placed some chrysts on the table.

"Another glass of wine, port if you have."

She ordered and winked at Hydries.

"I'm expecting some company soon."

Hydreis pored her another drink, it was port.

"You never told me your name, I would like to know."

Just now, Oduim's Chmapion said:

Hydreis pored her another drink, it was port.

"You never told me your name, I would like to know."

Lena eyed the port and tasted it quickly. When she considered it save, she placed it next to her and turned her attention to Hydreis again.

"I'm Lena. You can always ask around in the city, especially in the area around the Forge, if you're looking for me. Red hair and Lena. People know me. And who are you?"

She carefully took our a syringe and pushed it through the cap of the bottle, then withdrew some of the poison. Pushing it into a smaller vial she handed it over to the woman.

"Here you are. I'd like to have a small knife, that I can hide in my boot. And I'll come back for the other two in a while or send someone. They will be a present."

For the first time since she entered the tavern her face became earnest.

"That's enough to securely kill at least four. More when they are lightweight, or when you allow the poison some time. Don't touch it with out hands. Don't drink it. Ideally you don't have any contact with it at all."

It wasn't as deadly when you drunk it, but she left these details away for now.

"If you want to, I can give you the syringe as well, to withdraw it, but make sure you never accicently prick yourself. If you do, call for a healer and pray."

Lita stepped out of the shadows of a narrow alley and smoothed the front of her shirt, tucking a stray lock of auburn hair up under her flat cap. She strode out into the street, taking a moment to survey the squat, whitewashed brick building before her. Someone had scrawled "The Bleeding Spike" above the doors in sloppy red paint. Lita felt her mouth twist into a wry smirk.

Appropriate, she thought. She could hear voices within the tavern even from out on the street, Tin letting the sounds slice cleanly through brick as though she were standing inside already. There were four voices she didn't know, and one that she did. Lita felt her smirk slide into a grin, and she began burning Pewter. The metal flared to life within her, even a bare trickle blazing like a torch next to her wisp of Tin. The Push and the Pull, twining together. Laurelai would have said something scholarly in this situation, something about equal and opposite physical Investitures. Lita just called it what it was.

Power.

Still grinning, she walked forward and pulled open the ironwood doors. They would have been heavy for her six months ago. Now, it was like dragging back a curtain. Lita surveyed the tavern with a practiced eye, cataloging the weapons, the bar, and the rather scantily-clad servers. Well, everything has a price in this city. 

Lita stepped up next to Lena, who was leaning against the bar and holding a tiny vial between two fingers. A glass already sat next to her, waiting. Lita could smell the port - cheap, but then, what else would she expect from a place like this?

She turned her attention to Lena, feeling the edge of her smile drag upwards in a tiny, wicked hook. "Now, what's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this? Is it business today, or pleasure?" @Sorana

Edited by ZincAboutIt
re-shuffling context

Lena eyed the port and tasted it quickly. When she considered it save, she placed it next to her and turned her attention to Hydreis again.

"I'm Lena. You can always ask around in the city, especially in the area around the Forge, if you're looking for me. Red hair and Lena. People know me. And who are you?"

She carefully took our a syringe and pushed it through the cap of the bottle, then withdrew some of the poison. Pushing it into a smaller vial she handed it over to the woman.

"Here you are. I'd like to have a small knife, that I can hide in my boot. And I'll come back for the other two in a while or send someone. They will be a present."

For the first time since she entered the tavern her face became earnest.

"That's enough to securely kill at least four. More when they are lightweight, or when you allow the poison some time. Don't touch it with out hands. Don't drink it. Ideally you don't have any contact with it at all."

It wasn't as deadly when you drunk it, but she left these details away for now.

"If you want to, I can give you the syringe as well, to withdraw it, but make sure you never accicently prick yourself. If you do, call for a healer and pray."

"I'm Hydries."

She went over and grabbed a small lightweight obsidian knife and walked back over to where Lena sat grabbing the vile of poison with a ginger hand.

"Well if you need anything Lena don't hesitate to ask, I'm always happy to serve."

6 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

"A glass of port, if you would. If it's as cheap as I think it will be, you'll repay my generosity with a little of your own and fill the glass all the way."

She turned her attention to Lena, feeling the edge of her smile drag upwards in a tiny, wicked hook. "Now, what's a nice girl like you doing in a place like this? Is it business today, or pleasure?" @Sorana

Lena laughed and took the obsidian knife. It was dark and would fit perfectly into her boot. She stowed it away, watched Hydreis take the poison, wondered if the woman really had listened to her instructions.

"Thank you. It's a pleasure doring business with you."

Her eyes moved downwards again and she winked at Hydreis. Maybe another time, but she'd remember her. Turning on her stool she shifted her weight and looked at the woman that had entered the bar. It had been a few day, maybe a week, maybe more, Lena didn't really count, since they'd met the last time.

Slowly she slid the glass of port over to Lita and tilted her head to the side.

"That mylady, is totally up to you."

She continued to smile and indicated a small playfull bow with her head.

Edited by Sorana

Lita flicked green eyes at the barmaid, taking in what little clothing she had on, and her general enthusiasm. She dismissed the woman as any kind of threat, then gave her a practiced smile.

"My friend here was kind enough to order me something already," she said smoothly. "But if there's anything you can do for me, I'll be sure to let you know."

Lita turned her attention back to Lena and raised her glass before taking a small sip. It was cheap, somehow both bitter and cloyingly sweet, though at least it wasn't a Callingfale. She'd sooner have drunk embalming fluid. 

"Business first, I think," Lita said, swirling the port in a vain attempt to aerate some measure of quality into it. Her eyes traced the now-familiar lines of Lena's face, the slender curve of her neck, and the more generous curve of the rest of her. It had been about a month since they'd last met, but somehow Lena always managed to look the same: utterly blase, and slightly amused. Like the whole of the world was some private joke played out just for her.

"Any interesting news on the street these days? Last I heard you're still at the Forge, helping all those poor unfortunates rebuild their shanties. Such a generous heart you have, Lena. Where do you find the time to meet with someone like myself?"

@Sorana

13 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

"Business first, I think," Lita said, swirling the port in a vain attempt to aerate some measure of quality into it. Her eyes traced the now-familiar lines of Lena's face, the slender curve of her neck, and the more generous curve of the rest of her. It had been about a month since they'd last met, but somehow Lena always managed to look the same: utterly blase, and slightly amused. Like the whole of the world was some private joke played out just for her.

"Any interesting news on the street these days? Last I heard you're still at the Forge, helping all those poor unfortunates rebuild their shanties. Such a generous heart you have, Lena. Where do you find the time to meet with someone like myself?"

Lena sipped her wine again, then placed the glass back on the wood and looked at it for a moment. She looked over at Lita, at her hair, her eyes. There was something dark sleeping in that beautiful face, and she had to lie if she denied that it didn't attracted her. It was rare to find someone that care as much about longterm sweet relationship as she did. Not at all. Or someone with the same amount of scruples. None.

"I couldn't close my generous heart for some gracious and benevolent being as you are."

She replied in mock earnesty and then thought about Lita's questions. She had heard some rumors, mostly by those coming to the forge to ask for advice or help. The place was perfect to collect information, and now she had access to main water supply of that quarter as well. She only needed to figure out which poison she would throw into that water first. Add to that the rumors some of her clients had told her, she had a bunch of stories that overlapped enough to be considered at least partially true.

"I have a few things that might be interesting for you." Leaning slightly towards Lita she lifted a hand, traced the rim of her wine glass, without looking away from Lita's face. "The only question is, how do you like to pay?"

Edited by Sorana

Damon walked back from the kitchens, seeing Hydries sulking behind the bar. "What's up Hydries? I see we've got  business so we mightn't go bankrupt quite yet. Just finished getting the chickens out of the oven with the cook, here, I'll add them to the menu."

MALLARD CHICKENS - HAGGLE FOR A GOOD PRICE

1 minute ago, Elend Venture said:

Damon walked back from the kitchens, seeing Hydries sulking behind the bar. "What's up Hydries? I see we've got  business so we mightn't go bankrupt quite yet. Just finished getting the chickens out of the oven with the cook, here, I'll add them to the menu."

MALLARD CHICKENS - HAGGLE FOR A GOOD PRICE

"I'm not sulking," Hydries said sulkily eyes traitorously moving to where Lita sat with the other woman.

"Wonderfull," said Damon, getting out another bottle of port. "Go and tell our customers that they get a free bottle of port with every 400 chryst weapon purchase made." He turned "Oh, and that rooms are 30% off on opening night. Thank you."

Edited by Elend Venture

4 minutes ago, Elend Venture said:

"Wonderfull," said Damon, getting out another bottle of port. "Go and tell our customers that they get a free bottle of port with every 400 krist weapon purchase made." He turned "Oh, and that rooms are 30% off on opening night. Thank you."

Hydries looked at her boss, then she smiled and started walking to each customer giving them the news.

Lita watched Lena's fingertip move in its slow orbit around the rim of her wine glass, then took a sip from her own. She gave the other woman a knowing smile. The last half-year had been one long, twisting labyrinth of sneaking and skulking, of deception and listening at keyholes. Six months in that tiny room with the chair, wringing answers from raw throats, listening to that sharp, wet sound of metal through flesh.The pain in her side from her spike had long-since faded, but she had other scars now, newer ones that were harder to see. Dark truths that spooled out into her mind during the night when she tried to sleep. The price of such knowledge.

Compared to that, this was an easy paradise. These occasional meetings with Lena bobbed like lanterns in a sea of night. Quick, casual. Fun. Lita deserved to have a little fun, now and again. She dipped a hand into her pocket and withdrew a slender ring of grey metal, setting it on the table with a light 'click.'

"Unsealed Tinmind," Lita said, pushing the ring towards Lena, matching the woman's gaze. "There's enough stored in there for two days of enhanced tactile sensation." Her mouth quirked up at one corner. "Or a few hours, if you're very greedy."

She lifted her fingers off the ring and took another sip of port. "If that's unsatisfactory, I'm sure we can work something out. There's any number of fascinating things in the Alleys, after all."

Lita dipped her chin, allowing herself a dark little smile. "Do we have a deal?"

@Sorana