The Bleeding Spike Tavern

Elend  Venture

Hydries walked up to their two customers Talon joining her along the way. "Hey," She said to him. As she reached the table she realized that she might be interrupting a important conversation. No knowing what to do she simply stood there until one of them noticed her. @Sorana @ZincAboutIt

Lena reached out for the ring, slid it over to table to herself and then pocketed it. Unsealed tinmind. She had no idea how to tap it, but that was something she could figure out. Or she used it for another trade. You never knew when it came in handy.

"We have a deal."

She took another sip of her wine, sorted her thoughts, the romors she had heard.

"Buildings vanish now and then. They are there one morning, gone the next. At first I thought they were simply crashing down without anybody noticing or saying something. That's entirely possible in the poorer parts of the city. But it's not. One of them was restored just the day before, and then it vanished completely. What happened to the inhabitants-" she shrugged indicating, that she neither knew nor really cared, "nobody has seen them afterwards, but I can't tell you if they left of vanished as well."

Leaning back she looked at Lita's face at the dark little smile, noticed how her fair hung around her face, how she held herself. They had met in a tavern, back then Lita had been a different person.

"It's not only buildings, smaller things as well of course. A piece of fence here, a stone there. Admist all that rubble, I doubt that everything that vanishes is noticed. There seems to be no pattern and I don't think anybody does something with it. Most likely it's only side effects."

Swalloing the last bit of her wine she looked up when Hydreis neared their table and stopped speaking. Her smile stayed on her face, but her eyes turned cold at the disruption.

"Another wine please, port this time."

@Oduim's Chmapion

@ZincAboutIt

Edited by Sorana

"Probably." He grinned at her, then tossed his hair again and ran his fingers through it, though it was extremely silky and without snarls. He fussed at his necklaces for a minute, then slipped one off and wrapped it around his wrist a few times, holding it in front of his face and smiling. He liked the alternating red, blue, and purple pattern, and he'd made it himself. 

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

Can’t wait wait for Alask to show up and be flustered at all the flirting.

The Bleeding Spike. On normal circumstances, Alask would dislike to be here simply because of the name. But alas, it was the only beverage place in the local area. Alask figured that must have been why they chose it. And with everything that had been happening over the months, he really needed a drink.

Dark patches swirled his eyes and his lack of sleep was made clear by their presence. Half the day working the Forge as Alask, the rest at night as Shez, keeping it safe. The schedule left little time for sleep.

“A coffee, please?” He asked the server. “Maybe two?”

3 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

He pushed it out onto the counter.

"How has your day been?"

“Good. Busy. Lots of work,” Alask and said sipped at the first cup of coffee, the world almost becoming brighter. He eyed the server’s apron. Kiss The Cook.

No, thank you, he told himself and looked back at up at the man behind the bar top.

“How about you? Business going smoothly?”

19 hours ago, Sorana said:

"Buildings vanish now and then. They are there one morning, gone the next. At first I thought they were simply crashing down without anybody noticing or saying something. That's entirely possible in the poorer parts of the city. But it's not. One of them was restored just the day before, and then it vanished completely. What happened to the inhabitants-" she shrugged indicating, that she neither knew nor really cared, "nobody has seen them afterwards, but I can't tell you if they left of vanished as well."

Buildings vanish now and then? 

Lita allowed one eyebrow to arc upwards at this information, maintaining her air of sardonic ease. She took another sip of port, feeling the edge of excitement kindle at the prospect of a new secret. Lena kept her largely up to date with the overall mood of the poorer districts in the city, which was useful, if dull. Still, she'd managed to get a tip-off on at least one of PlasmaCore's stragglers that way. 

The barest twinge of guilt flickered through her, and Lita rolled her shoulders to disperse the feeling. Jarret had played his hand in joining with the Bureau, and actions had consequences. That was hardly Lita's problem; indeed, his loss was her gain.

Lita slipped the Coin from her pocket and flipped it once before dancing it between her slender fingers. It was cold and heavy in her hand, each face stamped with the image of a skull impaled through the left eye with a long spike. Lita caught Lena watching her fingers dance through the air and smirked.

"Fascinating gossip, to be sure," she said, continuing to spin and toy with the Coin, not even bothering to watch her own fingers, instead staring at Lena. "A neat little trick, isn't it?"

She flipped the Coin again, catching it in her left hand now and allowing it to trickle down the ladder of her knuckles. "Requires continuous practice, but I like to keep my fingers nimble - never know when you'll need to pick a lock, after all." 

@Sorana

29 minutes ago, Darth Woodrack said:

Dusk teleported in and yelled, “OI! Two of my friends are getting married, and I need you guys to come give them moral support. It’s an outdoor venue, with a live band. There’s also free food and alcohol,” before teleporting away.

Generally not good form to derail another thread when you already have a dedicated thread. Not sure what you're attempting to accomplish with this post?

6 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

"Fascinating gossip, to be sure," she said, continuing to spin and toy with the Coin, not even bothering to watch her own fingers, instead staring at Lena. "A neat little trick, isn't it?"

She flipped the Coin again, catching it in her left hand now and allowing it to trickle down the ladder of her knuckles. "Requires continuous practice, but I like to keep my fingers nimble - never know when you'll need to pick a lock, after all." 

Alask stepped into the room and Lena grinned. Fate had made him come here, just when she had gotten some weapons for him. She lifted a hand and waved at Hydreis to come over. Sometimes things sorted themselves easily. While she waited for the woman to come over she turned back to Lita, watched her fingers play with her coin.

"I am sure there are other perks to nimble fingers than lock picking as well." She replied and looked into Lita's eyes, slowly lifted her glass and took another sip of wine. Deliberatedly she looked down at Lita's hand for a moment, felt her heart pick up when she remembered, imagined. Knew that Lita would hear. A wicked smiled spread on her lips when she looked back into her face.

"Is there anything else you need some information about?" She asked slightly bored at the business part, although it was important. A part of the game they played. The first act after the curtain was opened, and the actors stepped on the stage.

@Oduim's Chmapion

Edited by Sorana

4 hours ago, Sorana said:

Alask stepped into the room and Lena grinned. Fate had made him come here, just when she had gotten some weapons for him. She lifted a hand and waved at Hydreis to come over. Sometimes things sorted themselves easily. While she waited for the woman to come over she turned back to Lita, watched her fingers play with her coin.

"I am sure there are other perks to nimble fingers than lock picking as well." She replied and looked into Lita's eyes, slowly lifted her glass and took another sip of wine. Deliberatedly she looked down at Lita's hand for a moment, felt her heart pick up when she remembered, imagined. Knew that Lita would hear. A wicked smiled spread on her lips when she looked back into her face.

"Is there anything else you need some information about?" She asked slightly bored at the business part, although it was important. A part of the game they played. The first act after the curtain was opened, and the actors stepped on the stage.

@Oduim's Chmapion

Hydries hurried over to Lena. "Yes, ma'am what do you need?" She said perkily. 

13 minutes ago, Oduim's Chmapion said:

Hydries hurried over to Lena. "Yes, ma'am what do you need?" She said perkily. 

Lena smiled at her and nodded with her head towards Alask.

"This is the friend I wanted to have the other two weapons."

She explained and wondered what Alask might choose. She'd never seen him with a weapon before, doubted that he and Shez needed it. But then it had been too much fun to trade some poison, to be stopped by the mere fact that she had no use for weapons.

"Would you be so kind and give him two of his choosing?"

2 hours ago, Sorana said:

Lena smiled at her and nodded with her head towards Alask.

"This is the friend I wanted to have the other two weapons."

She explained and wondered what Alask might choose. She'd never seen him with a weapon before, doubted that he and Shez needed it. But then it had been too much fun to trade some poison, to be stopped by the mere fact that she had no use for weapons.

"Would you be so kind and give him two of his choosing?"

"Of course madam," Hydries said with a smile and turned toward Lena's friend. When she reached him she smiled. "Your friend over there bought two weapons of your choice for you. If you tell me what you want I'll go get it for you."

16 hours ago, I think I am here. said:

He eyed the server’s apron. Kiss The Cook. No, thank you, he told himself and looked back at up at the man behind the bar top.

10/10 response

Abraham nodded. "Seems so. We just opened, and we've got, what, four customers already?"

He stepped back into the kitchen, and began cooking up some scrambled eggs.

"You hungry?"