The Bleeding Spike Tavern

Elend  Venture

12 hours ago, Tani said:

Vis winced as her foot got stomped on, then moved it under the table to prevent further mishaps. "Boredom, mostly. Do you know where I can get healing supplies that don't require expertise?"

"Bored, you say? I knew the feeling once. But we Smedrys make our own fun!" She said this last sentence dramatically, as if delivering a speech, then leaned in. "As for the healing supplies, that depends; what sort of healing do you require?"

On 5/14/2021 at 9:07 AM, Tani said:

"None right now, but I was hoping for some portable items I could use to heal myself in the future."

"What's with the name of this place?"

Acacia shrugged. "I honestly have no idea. I'm pretty new here myself. Some kind of weird magic thing, maybe? There's a lot of it in this place."

As a metagaming comment, if you really want to buy bandages you can just say that your character stops in a store; it doesn't have to be a specific location. 

2 hours ago, Tani said:

Even fancy-special bandages that heal what wound they're put on?

Something like that might have to be noted in your character sheet point value? I'm not positive, so you should probably ask a mod about that.

6 hours ago, Tani said:

The Craftsman's guild was selling them. I think it's dead now?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they've been inactive for a while. I'm not sure what the rules on custom magic items are at the moment, but I'd guess that instant healing is enough of a power increase that you'd have to get it approved. As I said, though, I'm not a mod, so I can't say for sure.

• 9 months later...

Darien opened the door of the tavern and sauntered in. Chatter filled Darien's ears as he whispered under his breath, "Elek, anyone who could threaten us here El?"

Elek said, "No-one that I can see, though that man in the corner looks a little threatening."

Darien looked at him, he was a surly fellow in a black cloak, "now who could that be?" he whispered under his breath. Darien walked over to the bar and said, "I would like some sapphire wine please."

if this is inactive I can move Darien to a different place.

mkay.

The bartender nodded, he was a weedy looking man with an unhealthy pale look to him, "coming right up, that'l be 4 clips."

Darien nodded and handed over two clips. He sat down at an empty table in the corner, he looked around the room, observing the people for a moment. Elek whispered in his mind, "that one over in the middle, chatting with the two big guys, she has the look of someone working for a some kind of street gang, noone important but one can never know."

"yes," said Darien, "I think I'll start looking at the file then now." He pulled out the file from his satchel. it was a bit dusty so he wiped it on the seat. 

He began reading it.

Name: Spear, Arien. underneath the name was a picture of a greasy looking man with several tattoos, one of them was the shape of a spike with a symbol on it, the symbol that Darien was looking for.

Just then one of the servers came to him with his wine, Darien nodded his thanks and took a sip of the wine, "mmm." He continued reading the file.

Listed problems: headaches, throwing up, eyes turning milky white, strange hallucinations, repeats the words "Spike, Void, Darien, Death" and so on. 

Diagnosis: unknown.

Former or Present Ward: Spiritual.

Date when brought in: (sometime several years before)

Date when released from care: (the last year)

Current residence: Mac's Boarding house, room five.

Darien took a sip as Elek said, "interesting."

Darien said to Elek, "let's go there tomorrow, for now let's get a room here."

consider this next part a new post

That morning Darien walked down the stairs casually. that night he had perused the file more and had found zero info that would help him besides where Arien was. Rusts, Darien wanted to kill that man.

Elek whispered, "so do I Dar, so do I."

Even in the early morning the tavern was full. chatter filled Darien's ears as he went to the bar for a drink. he payed and took the drink. He downed it quickly and then payed the barkeeper. 

He left the tavern.

Edited by Thaidakar the Ghostblood