The Bleeding Spike Tavern

Elend  Venture

1 minute ago, Sorana said:

Surprised he stepped back, wondering whether he had spoken aloud, but then realized that she had seen his poor cloths, the way he wore them and had come to the right conclusion all by herself. Money was an issue for him. Embarressed he nodded and hurriedly started along the road.

"This way." he told her, repeated himself. "A few blocks, nothing too far. Then we can see if someone is there at this hour." His fingers tugged on his gloves again, made sure they sat properly, covered a part of his hands. Find someone. It was crazy. You couldn't go and look for someone you didn't even know. How could he find someone without a face, without a real name to start with? He knew nothing. Nothing. But it was important.

His thoughts turned around and around, while he walked without really seeing the paveway. Only when his right feet ended up in a puddle of something, did he slow down, realizing that he had walked quickly, far too quickly to be polite. "Sorry." he murmured and slowed down. He hadn't missed the guy so far. If they failed, nothing would change.

"It's fine," she hastily says.  "I'm used to being the slowest walker, I'm shorter than everyone."  She smiles.

"I didn't realize it was so close," she remarks as they walk.  "I kind of got used to having to walk all over since I left home."

I assume we're going to DramaQueen's detective agency?

On 7.8.2020 at 10:13 PM, Spren of Kindness said:

Great.  Are you going to tag me or should I head over there?

As you prefer. I won't get an rp post done before monday though, so if you want to, you can start the arrivibg, talking to the agency part.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, turtle said:

Everest opened the door to the tavern. She had no need or want for alcohol, but the weapons sounded nice. “So, What are the prices for those weapons?” She asked, arms folded. @Elend Venture

Is Everest in this thread or the Scholar's Guild thread? We generally try to keep to one thread at a time in order to avoid confusing the timeline.

she left the building to go get a drink, I think. she left cuz she got bored and there wasn't any coffee.

Everest shook her head and closed the door "no coffee." she muttered "just alcohol and weapons."

Edited by turtle

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@A Windrunner @Elend Venture

Entering into the tavern, two men enter into the tavern. One has a Scadrian revolver on his belt and wears a nice vest, bowler hat, and cane. Sittingbar, the Scadrian sits down next to Nardo. He looks at the menu and says "Hmmm... I'll some of the high-quality port, please." He glances over at Nardo a couple of times with an odd expression on his face.

The barkeep, a young woman, takes down a bottle of port from a shelf behind the bar and pours a glass, sliding it over to the man across from her.

@AmazingGoob

Nuemark looked down the bar and around the room, evidently trying to find someone. The tavern wasn't noisy or crowded, in fact there are only a few people there. Damon still hasn't got back from whatever errand he was on, just like he said. Thought Nuemark. There is a possibility he is planning an ambush upstairs or outside. He is a coinshot, so he could've entered through a window easily, still could, actually, but I am not sure if he knew it was us.

I don't know how wise it was coming here, Said Annette apprehensively.

I don't want to do it any more than you do, but this must be done, and this is the fastest way to do it. Thought Nuemark.

Fine, but be safe about it.

Of course. That's why I agreed to come here with our friend. So we could arrest Damon when he gets back. Much safer than going and seeking him out on the streets, he thrives down there. He's an assassin.

Fair enough, just, maybe summon your plate?

I will, once he gets here anyway.

Edited by Elend Venture

On 10/1/2020 at 6:54 PM, AmazingGoob said:

"I am getting a drink. Or do you mean in this city? In that case, I would prefer not to tell you."

“I see, can you point me in the direction of someone much more, talkative?”

A spike.

Mike stared at the building, at the sign. A spike. He walked over to the door, knocked and then pushed it open. Behind the door was a tavern, full of various people, talking, laughing, drinking. But a spike. He paused, tried to calm his breathing, to stop himself from looking around as if he was hunted, although he couldn't hide the way his arms and legs shook. He tugged at his gloves. He couldn't find him, he was gone, swallowed by some void, vanished in some alley and there was nothing, nothing - he stopped his line of thoughts, frowned and then tugged at the gloves again. It didn't matter. First he needed to find a spike, no, several. Two. He needed two. His chest hurt, one spot especially bright and he rubbed at it, the pressure helping a little with the pain.

"Hello." he greeted the room and staggered over to the bar. "I want to buy something." Buy. He didn't have any money, so if he needed to pay, he needed to steal. They had to have spikes here with that name. It couldn't be that hard to find a long stick made of metal. "I need -" a spike. The words died on his lips as terror filled him, fear, endless fear. The shadows in the corner of the room seemed to creep closer and closer and he closed his eyes again.

"Something to drink." he blurted. "Salty, salty water." He firmly shut his mouth. Salty water? But why, you couldn't even drink that, and yet, he knew, that he could deal with it. He knew about salty water. The man looked at him strangely but then filled a glass with water and added a spoonful of salt before pushing it over to him. Mike placed a chryst on the bar and grabbed the glass tightly, stired and then lifted it to his lips.

The water was salty, so salty that his mouth constricted, that he wanted to spit it out again, but there was a part, a kind and gentle part that relished the taste and made him swallow, fill his mouth some more and swallow again. Again and again until the glass was empty and he set it down again, thirsty and shaking, but that small part hummed in satisfaction. Salty water. Who knew that salty water could be so joyful, that it would envelope him like that, that he needed -

His stomach cramped and he doubled over, vomited on the floor. The water tasted awful, mixed with the drink he had earlier, now it was sour and stank, not only salty. Shaking Mike pressed his hands against his knees while his brain nodded in satisfaction. Of course he would vomit. You didn't drink salty water. And yet a feeling of loss grabbed him when he stared at the puddle to his feet. It was gone. Gone. And somewhere, somehow he felt as if a part of him withered and vanished again.