Rushu42

Bell placed a mug of hot brown liquid in each of their hands. "How about you both have some coffee, and take a break for a moment while I make another for myself. Afterward you can ask one of your 'innocents' take on the situation. Nothing worthwhile has ever been gained by Raidiants moralizing over what they think is right for other people."

"The coffee has somthing a bit extra to it. You can have him figure out what while you wait"

@Rushu42 @mathiau

21 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Doubt twisted in Aln's insides like a knife. She had accepted the fact that she and Folorian didn't see eye-to-eye on the Forgery, but the risks to the people of the Alleyverse were very real. "Of course I'm not sure," she said. "I don't pretend to understand the motivations of the Dark Alley; I am simply gambling that their actions will remain consistent with the past. If we get this paper widely distributed, we are placing them in a situation where they have no choice but to be revealed; either by the fall of the Forgery, or by their own attempts to cover it up. In the past, it seems that the DA has preferred that the Alleycity remain largely intact, so I am hoping that they will not respond with widespread violence."

"It's- it's not a decision we have the right to make, truthfully. But I'm not willing to leave the city in this state, unaware of the danger in its midst. Perhaps we can try to find a way to minimize the damage."

Folorian nodded approvingly, in the current situation just knowing Aln didn't fully like her plan and was still looking for alternatives was enough for him

12 hours ago, Arlin said:

Bell placed a mug of hot brown liquid in each of their hands. "How about you both have some coffee, and take a break for a moment while I make another for myself. Afterward you can ask one of your 'innocents' take on the situation. Nothing worthwhile has ever been gained by Raidiants moralizing over what they think is right for other people."

"The coffee has somthing a bit extra to it. You can have him figure out what while you wait"

He chuckled "Got a point here. Considering you yourself are one of the aforementioned innocent, do you have an oppinion? Also, no coffee for me, speaking and drinking are two actions I haven't managed to combine yet." Also he disliked the taste

"Me?" Bell took a draw from the resended beverage "Oh, I hate this. I want to write everything I've heard in the past five minutes as off as inanity and go about my day. The problem is a deep part of me is screaming that something even worse is going to happen, and I can't deny that."

"Plus, I don't think you're the only ones with memories. That look you two's eyes, its... disturbingly familiar." Bell fiddled with his pendant, filled with what is now gleaming white sand. "A tide is rising, the dam is breaking, and the ensuing flood will envelop the Worldspike itself. It's only a matter of how soon. There is no 'Minimizing damage'."

"I know it's not yours anymore, and It won't be mine once when I begin remembering things myself. But for the moment, this city is my home, and I don't want to see it go just yet.

@Rushu42 @mathiau

Edited by Arlin

"Perhaps we can find a way to present it as a choice," Aln said thoughtfully. "We can't fully explain the danger without exposing people to it, but we can place a warning on the first page. If the residents of the Alleycity continue to read the paper despite the warning, then it is their decision to choose truth over safety, rather than ours. It's not truly an informed decision, but it is possibly the best that we can do."

Since the actual steps of getting the paper printed and distributed would be somewhat tedious to roleplay, may I suggest that we fast forward to a few days later, once the paper is printed and the consequences have begun? I'm not sure if anyone else is planning to interact with the paper, but if they are then we can give them an opportunity to do so. (People can use this as an opportunity to regain memories, for example).

@mathiau @Ashbringer

“What you can do is prepare them. Explain what feels off, confirm their doubts. If your story triggers peoples memories as intended. At least have the curtsy of not letting them feel crazy and remind them that the danger your warning of is something they have already faced”

@Rushu42 @mathiau

I’m fine with skipping ahead