How did ruin and Preservation create Scadrial

twenty second of the sun

How did ruin and preservation create Scadrial , we know the planet was not already there and  we know they created all of the life there , my question is how did they do that ? Did they simply use space dust that was already present or did they convert their investiture directly into matter ??? 

I'm just confused

We don't know the exact answer. They could have simply created the mass from their investiture, which is what the books hint at, or they could have gathered the mass from various places and brought it together to form the planet.

From the way the planet and the objects/people are described, I think the former is the most likely answer.

43 minutes ago, Mushroom Catalog said:

We have seen that they used examples to build people right? Did they have an example for the planet as well?

They were both from Yolen and likely used that as a base the same way they used the humans of Yolen as a basis for the humans of Scadrial.

Edited by Karger

On 9/16/2019 at 0:42 PM, RShara said:

We don't know the exact answer. They could have simply created the mass from their investiture, which is what the books hint at, or they could have gathered the mass from various places and brought it together to form the planet.

From the way the planet and the objects/people are described, I think the former is the most likely answer.

I agree, I get the strong indication that they whistled it all up directly from their Investiture from all the talk about how their essence permeates scadiral more than would be typical for a shard that has just arrived and Invested.   

1 hour ago, Karger said:

They were both from Yolen and likely used that as a base the same way they used the humans of Yolen as a basis for the humans of Scadrial.

That would make sense, and not lead into rafo territory. I was kind of leaning towards Vax. We know it isn't Vax, but building a planet is complicated, and Ati wonders about Vax, so...

But, well, Vax.

43 minutes ago, Mushroom Catalog said:

That would make sense, and not lead into rafo territory. I was kind of leaning towards Vax. We know it isn't Vax, but building a planet is complicated, and Ati wonders about Vax, so...

But, well, Vax.

They could also look at all of the cosmere worlds whenever they want to. 

• Chaos locked this topic