ZincAboutIt

5 hours ago, Oduim's Chmapion said:

Fasi walked over to the man who had his plate full to bursting. "Who are you?" She asked in a timid voice. @Lord Furret

Kendul looked at her and smirked. "My dear, I am Kendul Adeel, an intellectual member of the scholar's guild. And you are?"

1 hour ago, Rushu42 said:

"Hey," she said, ignoring the girl's attempt to strike up conversation with another man. "I'm Sarah. If you don't mind me asking, how in the rusting world did you do that?"

"Could be Aons, although it's more likely to be a form of lightweaving, probably Surgebinding, which I deduce from your sphere pouch, and yolish can be a bit finicky at times, although it could be a fabrial. Well? am I right?" 

That last part was a bit too smug, although a little showing off wasn't too harmful everyone once in awhile.

Edited by Lord Furret

2 minutes ago, Lord Furret said:

Kendul looked at her and smirked. "My dear, I am Kendul Adeel, an intellectual member of the scholar's guild. And you are?"

2 minutes ago, Lord Furret said:

"Could be Aons, although it's more likely to be a form of lightweaving, probably Surgebinding, which I deduce from your sphere pouch, and yolis can be a bit finicky at times, and no signs of a fabrial. Well? am I right?" 

That last part was a bit too smug, although a little showing off wasn't too harmful everyone once in awhile.

Sarah looked over at him "Oh. Huh. Nice to meet you, Kendul. I guess I'm still getting used to all this magic stuff. Are you trying to get a job too?"

1 minute ago, Rushu42 said:

Sarah looked over at him "Oh. Huh. Nice to meet you, Kendul. I guess I'm still getting used to all this magic stuff. Are you trying to get a job too?"

"Not quite." He answered. "I'm here to investigate the tunnels. Rumors are running around about mysterious things happening down there, and it is the job of the Scholar's Guild to learn and understand. How about you? What is your name?"

Just now, Lord Furret said:

"Not quite." He answered. "I'm here to investigate the tunnels. Rumors are running around about mysterious things happening down there, and it is the job of the Scholar's Guild to learn and understand. How about you? What is your name?"

She stuck out her hand. "Sarah Bridgewater. I got here a few weeks ago. The flyer looked interesting and I figured that I need a job."

3 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

She stuck out her hand. "Sarah Bridgewater. I got here a few weeks ago. The flyer looked interesting and I figured that I need a job."

Kendul accepted the handshake. "A pleasure to meet you." Firm grip. Assertive, but not forceful. Now this one's going places.

4 minutes ago, Lord Furret said:

Kendul accepted the handshake. "A pleasure to meet you." Firm grip. Assertive, but not forceful. Now this one's going places.

Are you talking about her handshake or his?

"So what do you think's down there?" she asked. "You said you're from some scholar guild. Have you figured anything out?"

7 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

Are you talking about her handshake or his?

More just analyzing his first impression of her. Although that would be funny if he rated his own handshakes.

7 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

"So what do you think's down there?" she asked. "You said you're from some scholar guild. Have you figured anything out?"

He shook his head.

"With all the stories, It's impossible to tell fact from fiction. I even heard from some drunkard claim that Voidus's long lost brother was establishing a paper army in the tunnels, to take over the world using invested cheese." He said that last part with a laugh, quickly dismissing the ridiculous idea. 

"The most logical solution was to explore it myself."

Edited by Lord Furret

1 minute ago, Lord Furret said:

He shook his head.

"With all the stories, It's impossible to tell fact from fiction. I even heard from some drunkard that Voidus's long lost brother established an army, planning to take over the world using invested cheese." He said that last part with a laugh, quickly dismissing the ridiculous idea. 

"The most logical solution was to explore it myself."

She smiled hesitantly. "I guess we'll just figure it out together, huh? Hopefully they'll let me on the team. I used to do some exploring myself. It's actually how I ended up here." SHe paused, then added. "I think. To be perfectly honest, I don't know how I ended up here."

8 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Or maybe you let it slip on discord :ph34r:

She smiled hesitantly. "I guess we'll just figure it out together, huh? Hopefully they'll let me on the team. I used to do some exploring myself. It's actually how I ended up here." SHe paused, then added. "I think. To be perfectly honest, I don't know how I ended up here."

Kendul's grin became a wistful smile. "Ah, the greatest, and worst part of life. At times, I think of all I've gained, all that has happened, and I just wonder, how? One moment, you're a normal kid, growing up on a harsh planet, the next you're in a college, learning things beyond anything your parents could have imagined, then you're joining a new guild, building it up, then your being choked, close to death, your life being drained from you. Then, that same person JOINS your guild, and you see them everyday. Life is.. strange. But that's what makes it so amazing." 

Edited by Lord Furret

1 hour ago, Lord Furret said:

Kendul's grin became a wistful smile. "Ah, the greatest, and worst part of life. At times, I think of all I've gained, all that has happened, and I just wonder, how? One moment, you're a normal kid, growing up on a harsh planet, the next you're in a college, learning things beyond anything your parents could have imagined, then you're joining a new guild, building it up, then your being choked, close to death, your life being drained from you. Then, that same person JOINS your guild, and you see them everyday. Life is.. strange. But that's what makes it so amazing." 

Sarah stared. "I'm sorry, did you say choked?" Before he could respond, though, the girl at their side piped up. 

43 minutes ago, Oduim's Chmapion said:

Fasi turned to the girl trying to talk to her. "Mr. Kundel is right," She said. "Its a lightweaving fabrial." @Rushu42@Lord Furret

21 minutes ago, Oduim's Chmapion said:

Fasi looked toward the other girl, the one who had tried talking to her earlier. "Who and how are you?" she asked her voice small. @Rushu42

Sarah turned a friendly smile on her. "Sarah Bridgewater. Nice to meet you. What's your name?"

27 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

Sarah stared. "I'm sorry, did you say choked?" Before he could respond, though, the girl at their side piped up.

Kendul looked away, his composure momentarily shattered. "Er, yes. It was a... negative experience." He looked back at Fasi. "Anyways, what is your name, girl?"

Edited by Lord Furret

18 minutes ago, Lord Furret said:

Kendul looked away, his composure momentarily shattered. "Er, yes. It was a... negative experience." He looked back at Fasi. "Anyways, what is your name Girl?"

"DO NOT CALL ME GIRL, BOY," Fasi yelled at Kendul.

24 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

Sarah turned a friendly smile on her. "Sarah Bridgewater. Nice to meet you. What's your name?"

"My name is Fasi Stem." She said in her normal timid voice talking to Sarah.

Just now, Oduim's Chmapion said:

"DO NOT CALL ME GIRL, BOY," Fasi yelled at Kendul.

"My name is Fasi Stem." She said in her normal timid voice talking to Sarah.

Sarah jumped at the yell and stared, startled, as the girl turned back to her and introduced herself. "Um, hi" she said cautiously. "If you don't mind me asking, what brings you here?"

Whisper watched Althea slowly follow her gaze down to her arm, she'd noticed the glance but didn't say anything. That all but confirmed her suspicions, but it did raise the question of why Althea would be here in person. And could she make use of that fact? Whisper hadn't done more than a rudimentary skim of information concerning Althea, she was in a powerful position certainly, but she wasn't suited for what Whisper needed.

But perhaps in the dark and unknown caverns beneath the city... 

She leaned against a wall nearby, trying to keep herself small and unnoticeable as she thought options over. She scanned the room to see if she recognized anyone else, only to be startled by a figure that was quickly making its way towards Althea. She felt her ears perk up, though thankfully that wouldn't be visible, and her eyes brighten as she recognized the figure of Aylitha. But it was slightly off, the expressions didn't seem right, the face a little older. An imposter?

She turned her head to watch another pair talking, but kept an eye on Althea and the possible Aylitha using her peripheral vision, ears straining to overhear their conversation.

3 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

Sarah jumped at the yell and stared, startled, as the girl turned back to her and introduced herself. "Um, hi" she said cautiously. "If you don't mind me asking, what brings you here?"

Fasi looked at Sarah saddened by her timid reaction. "Nothing much, sorry if I startled you." Fasi turned and started walking away.

Edited by Oduim's Chmapion

Fasi looked at Sarah saddened by her timid reaction. "Nothing much, sorry if I startled you?" Fasi turned and started walking away.

Sarah looked confused but called after her. "It's fine, really. I was hoping that we might be on the same excavation team or something."

Just now, Rushu42 said:

Sarah looked confused but called after her. "It's fine, really. I was hoping that we might be on the same excavation team or something."

Fasi looked back. "It's fine really, I just have a bad people sence. Why would you want me on your expedition? You know nothing about me."

7 minutes ago, Oduim's Chmapion said:

Fasi looked back. "It's fine really, I just have a bad people sence. Why would you want me on your expedition? You know nothing about me."

Sarah shrugged. "I dunno. You seem pretty nice, and you have that cool fabrial. You'd probably be a good friend."

Wes scampered into the AlleyCity Excavation (ACE) building, keeping his cloak well tucked around him. He’d heard about tunnel excavations in the Alleyverse Post, and the idea of getting away from everything, from the invasions and politics, and specifically from the Ghostbloods, was needed. He needed a break. And a guild-neutral exploration was perfect for that.

Standing inside the doorway into the meeting room, he was a little taken aback by all the people here. He considered leaving before anybody saw him, but what if they already did? Would it be too awkward? Was he overthinking things?

Oh.

She was here. The Righthand was here. Wes felt his face pale and he instinctively made himself smaller, wrapped his cloak more around himself defensively, began shuffling to the opposite side of the room to where she was. All these people, talking so enthusiastically, Wes was a little envious of their confidence. Keeping quiet he stayed in the corner of the room.