10 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Tashi smiled and began to inventory the bar. “Stay as long as you like. And do let me know if you want anything other than water.”

@EmulatonStromenkiin

"Thanks, I will," Balance said shortly. He picked up his water and moved over to a table by the corner, positioning himself so he could see the whole room. He continued to tap on the table, and the lines began to be more solid and real, still shifting around.

@ZincAboutIt@mathiau@Rushu42

Aln stepped under the boardinghouse's awning and knocked on the door. They'd been caught by the rain as they'd walked over, so her clothes were now torn, covered with rock dust, stained with eldritch ooze - and soaking wet. She probably looked like she'd just climbed out of a cement mixer. Ah well, she thought. It's the Alleyverse. They've seen worse.

@ZincAboutIt @mathiau @EmulatonStromenkiin

Fi strode across the wooden floors towards the front desk, inhaling a trickle of Stormlight as she moved and causing her already bright eyes to glow with luminescent fire. She relished the sensation of energy filling her, even when she didn't put it to use. Even a quiet and relatively plain room like this seemed to burst alight with colours and what felt almost like a counterpoint of music, something to dance to or scream in joy with.

"Hello." She said with a smile, gliding forward to the proprietor. "I was told that you would have rooms available?"

She wondered idly if she could hire an orchestra while she stayed here, some louder music would really liven the place up a little more than a phonograph would. And thrilling as the storm inside her was it was best enjoyed when the atmosphere around her matched, the raucous laughter of a festival or the frenzied screams of a battlefield. Both pleasant enough in their own ways, but she'd learned through experience that festivals were generally objected to less by those around her and lasted longer.

Tashi looked up at the woman who had strode over to the counter, blinking once as she took in her lavish dress and slightly overwhelming presence. “That we do, Brightness,” she said, feeling a smile begin as she imagined how well this woman would likely tip. “A fine selection of—“

There was a sudden knock on the door, and Tashi gave the woman an apologetic grin. “Do excuse me, sometimes people don’t realize the door isn’t locked during business hours.” 

She dashed out from behind the counter and opened the door, nearly choking as she caught sight of the bedraggled forms in the doorway.

”Flick my sparks, you two look like you’ve been to Damnation itself!”

Tashi threw open the door and motioned to the pair, doing a double-take as she thought she recognized the face of the woman. “Well tie me up as a chull, Brightness Alanis? Is that you?”

She looked over her shoulder to where Balance sat, brooding over his cup of water.

”What did I tell you, gancho? Said I’d find you the Scholar’s Guild, didn’t I? And in record time, too.”

@Voidus @Rushu42 @mathiau @EmulatonStromenkiin

Edited by ZincAboutIt

6 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Tashi looked up at the woman who had strode over to the counter, blinking once as she took in her lavish dress and slightly overwhelming presence. “That we do, Brightness,” she said, feeling a smile begin as she imagined how well this woman would likely tip. “A fine selection of—“

There was a sudden knock on the door, and Tashi gave the woman an apologetic grin. “Do excuse me, sometimes people don’t realize the door isn’t locked during business hours.” 

She dashed out from behind the counter and opened the door, nearly choking as she caught sight of the bedraggled forms in the doorway.

”Flick my sparks, you two look like you’ve been to Damnation itself!”

Tashi threw open the door and motioned to the pair, doing a double-take as she thought she recognized the face of the woman. “Well tie me up as a chull, Brightness Alanis? Is that you?”

She looked over her shoulder to where Balance sat, brooding over his cup of water.

”What did I tell you, gancho? Said I’d find you the Scholar’s Guild, didn’t I? And in record time, too.”

@Voidus @Rushu42 @mathiau @EmulatonStromenkiin

Balance looked over at her. "Indeed, many thanks," he said, his odd accent thickening for a moment. He turned to the new arrivals, the ones that looked like they had found the edge of a Sandwind. He studiously ignored the tall woman who had come in before them.

"Please, come sit, and order what you wish. I hear you have knowledge for those who seek it."

@Rushu42@mathiau@ZincAboutIt

Sorry, introductions are hard.

A tall Herdrazian woman appeared at the door and invited them inside the building

"Flick my sparks, you two look like you’ve been to Damnation itself!” She commented

"It was nothing quite that drastic" He answered, "Someone made the hospital's entrance collapse and we helped clearing it up."

The woman gestured to an other man, who had apparently asked her to search for them

Balance looked over at her. "Indeed, many thanks," he said, his odd accent thickening for a moment. He turned to the new arrivals, the ones that looked like they had found the edge of a Sandwind. He studiously ignored the tall woman who had come in before them.

"Please, come sit, and order what you wish. I hear you have knowledge for those who seek it."

"Er... depends what kind of knowledge you seek, I guess?"

@EmulatonStromenkiin

“Knowledge,” Tashi muttered, moving back behind the counter and then into the kitchen. “What they need is food, and about four baths, and probably a bit of violet wine.”

She ladled out two bowls of stew, then poured two cups of tea. Tea first, wine later. Tashi put all this onto a tray, then pulled a few old, slightly-scratchy blankets out from a closet and draped them over her arm. She carried all this back out and put it onto the counter.

”This is on the house,” she called to the two sopping wet guests, then looked back towards the tall red haired woman.

@mathiau @Rushu42

”Right, a room to let. Well, I hope you like excitement, Brightness! Are you looking for the first or second floor?”

@Voidus

"Something is wrong here, something is wrong about the entire reality. I can't say what, but I keep noticing strange things, things that should not be, but no one else notices. I don't know beyond that, I asked around and was told by many people that you would be the ones to ask."

@Rushu42@mathiau

Please give them alcohol, I want to show you what happens when balance is too near it!

@ZincAboutIt

Fi's smile widened at the mention of excitement, she drew on her her Stormlight a little more to feast on her glee, though it was a careful balancing act to avoid drawing too much. There was a fine line between anticipation and action and Stormlight tended to blur that line for her. She did not want to hear another lecture about scorching glassware just because somebody said something exciting.

"My dear I absolutely adore excitement." She said, flashing her teeth to the other woman. "I am very pleased to find that I was recommended so suitable an accommodation." 

She looked over the collected guests with one brow arched in unconcealed amusement. They certainly seemed an interesting sort, enough to keep her entertained during her stay here if the current state was anything to go by. Perhaps a little dour at the moment, but filled with mystery and intrigue and a spark of something unusual that she couldn't quite place.

"As for a room, the higher the better." She said with another smile. "I'd take one amongst the clouds if you had one, but failing that the second floor should do nicely."

Tashi opened up the logbook again, then nodded. “Well, the clouds are not available I’m afraid, but Room 10 is. It’s slightly higher than the others, and the bed’s bigger - but don’t tell anyone.”

She winked, then got out the key for Room 10. “My name’s Tashi, if you need anything just ask. Would you like a drink? Something to eat?”

@Voidus

Bell dropped his dusted and doused tupperware beside him at the bar. Then after setting himself down raised a hand to that was in a similar condition to his plastic container to the Hardazian woman. "Give me one of whatever you think is going to let me still get back home tonight."

@ZincAboutIt

Tashi looked over the despondent young man, his bedraggled appearance, and the little Tupperware container beside him. Then she looked over at the two Scholars Guild members.

”Is there a Desolation going on that I don’t know about?” She muttered under her breath, kneeling down behind the bar and parsing through her collection of bottles. The pleasant ambient ‘clink’ of glass filled the silence until she came back up with a slender bottle filled with an indigo liquid. She set a glass before the man, then poured him a generous - but reasonable - amount.

”This should let you walk out here on your own two feet,” Tashi said. “If a bit wobbly. Takes the sting out of a new wound, but not so much as to steal all your wits.”

@Arlin

Bell accepted the glass and began slowly nursing the Rosharan vintage, digging out some crysts and setting them on the bar. 

"Thanks, just want to make sure I can be there for my mom when I see her later." Bell said, his eyes drifting over the tub of macarons. "I spent all evening making those. They... were, my father's favorite. If you want to take one or hand them out go ahead. Spikes know my mother and I aren't going to be eating them." 

Bell looked over his shoulder finally taking note of the rest of the establishment and the other patrons. Regarding the two that where also happened covered in concrete. "They come from the hospital as well?"

@ZincAboutIt

1 hour ago, Arlin said:

"They come from the hospital as well?"

“Think I heard one of them mention a hospital,” Tashi responded, filing the information away. “Some kind of accident, then?” Someone might pay quite a bit for that kind of news later. She carefully opened the container of cookies, which had somehow miraculously avoided being ruined. They did look lovely, and it would be mighty cruel to turn down this poor lad’s offer.

”I’m sure everyone will enjoy these,” she said gently, tipping the cookies out onto a plate and setting it on the counter. “Thank you.”

On 4/24/2022 at 4:38 PM, ZincAboutIt said:

“Some kind of accident, then?”

”I’m sure everyone will enjoy these,” she said gently, tipping the cookies out onto a plate and setting it on the counter. “Thank you.”

Bell took a sip from his glass "I guess you can call it that. An 'earthquake' I think was the term being thrown around. I watched the entire front of the building crumble in front of me, Einladung just shook itself to the ground. I should probably call my editor about it in the morning. It's honestly kind of surreal, seeing the place where you got broken bones set as a kid, itself fracture."  

"I hope so." Bell replied "Giving away baked goods is the better part of making them most of the time and I," He stared at the plate for a moment. "Really don't what else I would have done with these anyway."

Edited by Arlin

3 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Balance continued to wait for a response from the two members of the Scholar's Guild, tapping nervously at the table and causing faint lines of energy to form.

@Rushu42@mathiau@ZincAboutIt

That's rude. Rushu's self conscious enough about her posting speed as it is.

Hey, maybe we all just chill out. It’s a busy time irl for lots of people right now but it’s also perfectly reasonable to ping people if you’re worried they have not responded or may have forgotten to post. Also, mathiau, you’re more than at liberty to respond in character to move the scene along even if Rushu is busy. No need to publicly lambast a new player for simply wanting to RP with you. Please try to assume the best about one another.

2 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

Hey, maybe we all just chill out. It’s a busy time irl for lots of people right now but it’s also perfectly reasonable to ping people if you’re worried they have not responded or may have forgotten to post. Also, mathiau, you’re more than at liberty to respond in character to move the scene along even if Rushu is busy. No need to publicly lambast a new player for simply wanting to RP with you. Please try to assume the best about one another.

I freely admit this is at least partly my fault, sorry for impatience.

2 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

sorry, my bad. *hits head on wall b/c bad at all social situations*

Well that's a much stronger reaction than I expected

1 hour ago, ZincAboutIt said:

I'm chill and I think Emulaton is too

Sorry I spoke of things that were no as consensual as I thought, I'll reformulate.

I don't want to be pinged by post just there to remind people that someone is waiting on me in the RP because if I'm not responding it's either because I don't think I should answer (here because Folorian doesn't have the informations, he's been sleepwalking through most of the era) or because I'm taking time making an answer due to personal reasons and pinging me is just stressful

Also, @EmulatonStromenkiin, please stop beating yourself over it

2 hours ago, mathiau said:

I'm chill and I think Emulaton is too

Sorry I spoke of things that were no as consensual as I thought, I'll reformulate.

I don't want to be pinged by post just there to remind people that someone is waiting on me in the RP because if I'm not responding it's either because I don't think I should answer (here because Folorian doesn't have the informations, he's been sleepwalking through most of the era) or because I'm taking time making an answer due to personal reasons and pinging me is just stressful

Also, @EmulatonStromenkiin, please stop beating yourself over it

I understand, I'm sorry. I am only mentally hitty myself.(this is normal, honestly.)