27 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

“Sure do.” Tashi pulled the new fellow a glass of craft soda flavored with citrus and vanilla. “Are you looking to start a tab?”

“Thanks,” He says taking a sip. “mmm, this is really good.”

“Do you accept dun spheres? I just came from Roshar, and the group I was traveling with had some trouble with a few chaos-spren over in Shadesmar.” He says reaching into his pockets and bringing out a ruby mark, a few clips, and quite a few diamond marks.

@ZincAboutIt

Edited by Emery the Windrunner

Tashi’s face broke out in a bright smile at the mention of Roshar, and she swept the two clips off the bar before nudging his other spheres back towards him.

”Happy to accept spheres of all sorts, gancho, dun or otherwise, though unless you’re looking to rent a room or buy out half the bar, you can keep your marks.”

Her face fell a bit at the thought of all the trouble back home, glad that her family had the good sense to get out before things really started falling apart.

”Glad you made it out of Shadesmar in one piece,” she said. “It’s getting tougher and tougher to cross these days.”

@Emery the Windrunner

6 minutes ago, Emery the Windrunner said:

He looks at Tashi and sees her looking a little more glum. “Do you have family there?” He asks solemnly.

@ZincAboutIt

“Cousins,” Tashi shrugged, trying half heartedly to banish the solemn mood. “My parents and brothers and sisters all packed up and left years back. They’re around here somewhere. But yes, I’ve got people back home. You?”

She crossed the front room to where Mr. Daelith had set up a Scadrian phonograph, setting a record on and winding the device. As it began to spin, Tashi gently swung the spindle arm over the record and placed it in the first groove. The bar was filled with the pleasing, slightly-scratchy sound of tinkling piano music.

If there was to be dark talk, at least there could be light music.

Edited by ZincAboutIt

“Yeah, all of my folks are back on Scadrial.” He said with a half smile. “They’re doing ok, and we get along ok, but they don’t really approve of me jumping around the Cosmere.” His smile falls and his fingers start twitching. 
He sucks in breath and sits up a little straighter and smiles a little. “I’m sorry I didn’t properly introduce myself, I’m Sam.” He says holding out one of his hands.

@ZincAboutIt

Balance began to tap absently on the table in a complex pattern, faint blue lines forming and dissipating as he did so. "I was told to seek a Per or an Aln? Not sure who they are, rumors just mentioned their names." He took a wary bite of the stew, then, discovering it was delicious, devoured it neatly.

"Bad news about the Cognitive, but the spren there aren't the only ones feeling the unrest."

@ZincAboutIt@Rushu42

still confused about how to get multiple mentions

Edited by EmulatonStromenkiin

Fiona strode purposely down the city streets, heeled shoes clicking rhythmically against the cobblestone. Her lengthy stride went unbroken by side-stepping other pedestrians or pausing to allow any to pass her by, most others seemed to sense that if they were to attempt to walk in front of the tall redheaded woman that she would sooner trample them than stop. This earned her no small number of irritated glances and near-misses as people rapidly stepped back from her path but Fiona paid these incidents no mind whatsoever. As always she moved with intention and purpose, those who interfered in her purpose would be dealt with and those who were irrelevant to that purpose were ignored.

I do hope they have some music on. Fiona mused, it was only because she needed to reach her destination that had stopped her from dancing along the streets to the rhythm of life in the city. It would be a terrible shame if it was simply another boring hotel.

She had needed to leave the last hotel she had stayed at for exactly this reason, while they had played some music in their atrium it was hardly suitable for dancing and the staff had requested her to stop once she had tried anyway. The previous three hotels had all asked her to leave due to the fire damage but she had entirely forgotten their existence by now.

"Ah. The boarding house." She noted as she arrived at the wooden doors of a renovated brownstone building. It was an innocuous seeming location, and not ostentatious enough by half to meet her usual standards but she had heard of it at a cafe and decided it was to be her next place of residence.

Fi squared her shoulders, and pushed open the door, allowing the draft to catch in the draping sleeves of her crimson dress before lightly tousling her long, wild hair. Her amber eyes scanned the interior in almost an instant, predatory and searching until they locked onto what appeared to be a front desk.

@MacThorstenson and @ZincAboutIt.

OCC: ‘I have an Idea, and I think you might like it. What if we designed a chat thread that was “Mac’s Boarding House Bulletin Board”, people could post links to other threads and specific scenes/ advertisements.

Examples:

Wanted poster: Wanted dead or alive [insert villains name here]. Reward $. Last seen here [add link].

Adventurers wanted: Brave adventures wanted for [mission]. Will pay $. Looking for [qualities/skills]. Meet here [link] for mor info.

Event: Party happening here [link] at [time]. [Formal/informal/masquerade].

Advertisement: Do you want a professional artists to draw you doing one of your amazing exploits, then contact [artist] for a commission here [link] 

(don’t commission me, I am a terrible artist.) 

Is this a good idea?’

sorry I’ll try to keep ooc in boxes from now on.

Ooc has been moved into a box

58 minutes ago, Emery the Windrunner said:

@MacThorstenson and @ZincAboutIt.

OCC: ‘I have an Idea, and I think you might like it. What if we designed a chat thread that was “Mac’s Boarding House Bulletin Board”, people could post links to other threads and specific scenes/ advertisements.

Examples:

Wanted poster: Wanted dead or alive [insert villains name here]. Reward $. Last seen here [add link].

Adventurers wanted: Brave adventures wanted for [mission]. Will pay $. Looking for [qualities/skills]. Meet here [link] for mor info.

Event: Party happening here [link] at [time]. [Formal/informal/masquerade].

Advertisement: Do you want a professional artists to draw you doing one of your amazing exploits, then contact [artist] for a commission here [link] 

(don’t commission me, I am a terrible artist.) 

Is this a good idea?’

that sounds awesome! I would love it! or maybe it could be in the central market place or something.

“Nice to meet you, Sam,” Tashi said, pausing a moment to duck around the bar near to the front desk. She thought she’d heard a newcomer enter in that way.

“In here if you please! Bit short-staffed today but there’s drink and music and good company!” @Voidus

She swung back in, all smiles at the thought of another lodger. More lodgers meant more drinks and more drinks meant more tips. “It’s one firemark a night, and that includes two meals and a bath,” she said to Sam. @Emery the Windrunner

”As to your ‘Aln,’ that’ll be Alanis, head of the Scholar’s Guild. But as I said, their headquarters got wiped out by something big and fast. No one really knows what did it. I can ask around to see where they’re meeting these days - if they are.” @EmulatonStromenkiin

Tashi pulled Mr. Daelith’s large appointment book out from beneath the main bar and thumped it onto the counter, opening it to the latest day. She ran a finger down the list, then tapped the latest entry.

”Room 9 is available. Second floor, nice view of the street. Just remember,” she gave Sam a mock-stern glance, “no Steelrunning inside.

@Emery the Windrunner

Tashi winked at Sam before rummaging around in a drawer for the key to Room 9. 

“We barkeepers are known for our long memories, eh gancho? But luckily we Herdazians are not, snd I was a Herdazian before I was a barkeeper. So all is forgotten.”

She held up the key and shook it; it jingled cheerily against the little wooden tag stamped with the number 9. 

@Emery the Windrunner

“Thanks,” Sam said taking the key, “although I’d rather be forgiven rather than forgotten,” He said with a warm smile. “My brain does enough of that when it wanders around the Cosmere by itself.”

He tapped his head with his cane, and then put on his top hat and started to walk away. “Good night Tashi.” He stopped to say, and then started to whistle along with the music from the phonograph as he walked away.

@ZincAboutIt

10 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

”As to your ‘Aln,’ that’ll be Alanis, head of the Scholar’s Guild. But as I said, their headquarters got wiped out by something big and fast. No one really knows what did it. I can ask around to see where they’re meeting these days - if they are.” @EmulatonStromenkiin

"Yes, thank you. Now, about that room to rent?"

@ZincAboutIt

3 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

"Yes, thank you. Now, about that room to rent?"

@ZincAboutIt

“Right, right.” Tashi made a tick mark next to Room 9 and looked over the rest of the vacancies. “There’s… Room 3 on the ground floor. Just been cleaned.”

She gathered the key and slid it toward Balance. “You can pay now or settle up tomorrow morning.”

12 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

“Right, right.” Tashi made a tick mark next to Room 9 and looked over the rest of the vacancies. “There’s… Room 3 on the ground floor. Just been cleaned.”

She gathered the key and slid it toward Balance. “You can pay now or settle up tomorrow morning."

"I'll pay now, a Nort should cover the night." He pulled out another strange coin and set it on the table.

"On another note, what's the policy on other uses of energy? Magic-wise, I mean. I overheard you tell that man no Steelrunning, but what about other things?" He glanced around the room, once again tapping absently on the bar.

@ZincAboutIt

2 hours ago, ZincAboutIt said:

She gathered the key and slid it toward Balance. “You can pay now or settle up tomorrow morning."

"Got it. I really have to stay away from the alcohol then, it tends to be flammable. I'll stay down here for now, and watch the people."

@ZincAboutIt

sorry, used wrong quote.

Edited by EmulatonStromenkiin

*Sam shuffled up the stairs to the second floor and walked down the hall checking the numbers.

“Seven…eight…nine.”  Sam counted off in his head. He then smiled remembering an old joke his father once told him about numbers being afraid of one another, and the joy on his father’s face in the memory. His smile faded to a look of sorrow and disappointment in Sam’s mind, and the sorrow reflected onto Sam’s face.

He opened the door to the room. It was not spacious, but it was not cramped either. It was cozy, and had a queen sized bed, a small desk table, a nightstand, and small bookshelf in it. He closed the door behind him, and unslung his duffel bag from off his shoulders. (I forgot to mention him carrying it in the previous scene, hope that this is ok. It just has clothes, metalminds, vials, and his aluminum daggers in it).

He inspected the bookshelf and saw that it had some old books on it. They weren’t dusty, or worn, but looked like they were in good shape. He saw a few titles he hadn’t ever seen before like: The Way of Kings, and Elantris. He walked over to the little desk and pulled out a pen and paper he found in its small drawer.

He then wrote a short letter

Dearest Mother and Father, 

I hope that this letter finds you in good health. I am alright, and am perfectly safe, but I will not be able to visit anytime soon due to some… complications in the journey. I’m in a wonderful new city which runs like a labyrinth with all of its streets. Tell Ashenthwi happy birthday for me. Her present should come soon. I’ll try to stay safe.

May Harmony Protect You,

Samuel.

He signed it with a flourishing signature, put it into an envelope and sealed it with wax and stamped it with his snake signet.

Sam then got out of the chair and stretched. He walked over to the door and locked it, then with a little difficulty, he heaved his duffle bag on to the bed.

He untied it and started to pull out some of its contents. He pulled out several small vials of water and metals, an arm bracer that looked like a python wrapped in a tight coil, and two gleaming aluminum daggers that had a slight curve to them.

He slid the bracer up his arm feeling the comfort of a large speed reserve nearly full. He put the knives in their sheathes, and downed a vial full of metal flakes… 

And then proceeded to cough and choke on one of the flakes, as it stuck to the back of his tongue much like how a popcorn shell would.

He cleared his throat and tapped his power. Suddenly hundreds of blue lines jumped out around him forming a grid of holographic blue metal objects overlaying the real world. He listened to the hum of the metal for a little while, almost as if meditating. 
He then walked over to his window, opened it, and stepped out onto a small overhang. He twisted around awkwardly trying to close the window, while also not catching his mistcloak in it.

“I’m sorry Mom and Dad, I don’t think I’ll be very safe tonight.” He whispered to himself.

He dropped a clip onto the ground, jumped off the roof, and shot away like a bullet into the night.*

Sorry for so long of a post.

Spelling and grammar.