Bell took in the persons surrounding the table. His facade crumbled and his shoulders deflated. Hold on, I’d be scudding glad to honestly.” Bell breathed out and stopped the older man before bringing his attention back to the original three witnessing there shared tension. “Good, cause I don’t either Hood. We can use these for the game.” He set the macaroons on the table. “I get it if you all have things to attend to but Lonely God, we just had a building fall on our heads, don’t you want a break?
If you decide not too please take a macaroon before you go. My name is Bell I work for the Alleyverse post, made the cookies for someone who was at the hospital and now -I’m just just trying to get rid of them.”

@Kvothe the Bloodless @EmulatonStromenkiin @Rushu42 @mathiau

Edited by Arlin

8 hours ago, Arlin said:

Bell took in the persons surrounding the table. His facade crumbled and his shoulders deflated. Hold on, I’d be scudding glad to honestly.” Bell breathed out and stopped the older man before bringing his attention back to the original three witnessing there shared tension. “Good, cause I don’t either Hood. We can use these for the game.” He set the macaroons on the table. “I get it if you all have things to attend to but Lonely God, we just had a building fall on our heads, don’t you want a break. 
If you decide not too please take a macaroon before you go. My name is Bell I work for the Alleyverse post, made the cookies for someone who was at the hospital and now I just am just trying to get rid of them.”

Balance's face softened. "I understand. I didn't come from the hospital, but I heard about the collapse. I will take a macaroon, I do not think I've ever had one before." He reached out and grabbed one from the plate, and after inspecting it for a moment, ate it quickly. 

"Thank you, that was delicious." Balance paused for a moment, then, apologetic, "I still prefer not to gamble, I'm afraid. Brings up bad memories." He paused for a moment, then whispered to himself "You might have bigger problems than collapsed buildings." He turned to Alanis and Folorian. "Would the room I got work?"

@Arlin

@Rushu42

@mathiau

14 hours ago, Arlin said:

Bell took in the persons surrounding the table. His facade crumbled and his shoulders deflated. Hold on, I’d be scudding glad to honestly.” Bell breathed out and stopped the older man before bringing his attention back to the original three witnessing there shared tension. “Good, cause I don’t either Hood. We can use these for the game.” He set the macaroons on the table. “I get it if you all have things to attend to but Lonely God, we just had a building fall on our heads, don’t you want a break?
If you decide not too please take a macaroon before you go. My name is Bell I work for the Alleyverse post, made the cookies for someone who was at the hospital and now -I’m just just trying to get rid of them.”

5 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Balance's face softened. "I understand. I didn't come from the hospital, but I heard about the collapse. I will take a macaroon, I do not think I've ever had one before." He reached out and grabbed one from the plate, and after inspecting it for a moment, ate it quickly. 

"Thank you, that was delicious." Balance paused for a moment, then, apologetic, "I still prefer not to gamble, I'm afraid. Brings up bad memories." He paused for a moment, then whispered to himself "You might have bigger problems than collapsed buildings." He turned to Alanis and Folorian. "Would the room I got work?"

@Arlin

@Rushu42

@mathiau

Therim, turned with his eyebrow raised to face the man who had spoken. "Macaroons and a game of breakneck? Sounds good to me," Therim replied as he pulled the breakneck stones out of his pocket again. "My name is Therim, a gleeman by trade." Then, turning to the others at the table, he remarked, "Breakneck is actually not a game of gambling. That's a misconception many people make. There is no betting on chance in breakneck. The only wagering that occurs is after the throws." Therim paused for a moment, then continued.

"But if you have matters to attend to, please don't let an old man like me keep you."

"Bell, you said your name was?" Therim inquired as he turned to face the younger man who had spoken before. "Well my lad," Therim said whilst pulling up a chair, "if you don't mind, I think I'll have one of those cookies."

@Arlin@Rushu42@EmulatonStromenkiin@mathiau

23 hours ago, Kvothe the Bloodless said:

Therim, turned with his eyebrow raised to face the man who had spoken. "Macaroons and a game of breakneck? Sounds good to me," Therim replied as he pulled the breakneck stones out of his pocket again. "My name is Therim, a gleeman by trade." Then, turning to the others at the table, he remarked, "Breakneck is actually not a game of gambling. That's a misconception many people make. There is no betting on chance in breakneck. The only wagering that occurs is after the throws." Therim paused for a moment, then continued.

"But if you have matters to attend to, please don't let an old man like me keep you."

"Bell, you said your name was?" Therim inquired as he turned to face the younger man who had spoken before. "Well my lad," Therim said whilst pulling up a chair, "if you don't mind, I think I'll have one of those cookies."

@Arlin@Rushu42@EmulatonStromenkiin@mathiau

Balance snorted softly. "The wagering is the problem, not the chance. Though, by definition, all wagering involves certain elements of chance, as you cannot know how others will play, and the Schrodinger cat experiment. I also daresay that you are not old." He stood. "Though at another time, I would accept your offer, I am afraid that I cannot right now." He turned to Alanis and Folorian. "I'll take this to the room, then." He held up the medallion that he had picked up off the table. "Come as you will." he continued with a tired smile, then turned and strode towards the door to the rooms.

@Rushu42 @mathiau @Kvothe the Bloodless @Arlin

Edited by EmulatonStromenkiin

10 hours ago, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Balance snorted softly. "The wagering is the problem, not the chance. Though, by definition, all wagering involves certain elements of chance, as you cannot know how others will play, and the Schrodinger cat experiment. I also daresay that you are not old." He stood. "Though at another time, I would accept your offer, I am afraid that I cannot right now." He turned to Alanis and Folorian. "I'll take this to the room, then." He held up the medallion that he had picked up off the table. "Come as you will." he continued with a tired smile, then turned and strode towards the door to the rooms.

@Rushu42 @mathiau @Kvothe the Bloodless @Arlin

Therim watched as the man got up and left the room. Chance is random, yes. People are not random, he thought, but dismissing it quickly. It mattered little, and there was no point in arguing. "I suppose it is just you and me then, Bell," Therim said as he turned to face him. "But before we begin, you mentioned something about the hospital?" Therim's eye twitched slightly as he spoke. "I had heard of some sort of disturbance there."

@Arlin

23 hours ago, Kvothe the Bloodless said:

"I suppose it is just you and me then, Bell," Therim said as he turned to face him. "But before we begin, you mentioned something about the hospital?" Therim's eye twitched slightly as he spoke. "I had heard of some sort of disturbance there."

Bell barely pulled a chair under himself before Therim's question washed over him. He immediately sighed before fully coming to rest.

"... I guess that was unavoidable. Yeah. There was a disturbance, the ground underneath Einladung shook hard enough for the front half of the most storied hospital in the city to tear off. I got out just in time to see it simply buckle under its own weight and now here I am, coverd in the 'ash of my fathers'."  Bell spread his arms to either side of him, allowing Therim full view of is dust caked form. 

"Now if you would let me. I'm going to go wash my hands so I don't ruin the macaroons, and then maybe you describe the rules to me? I haven't played breakneck since High school"

Edited by Arlin

Storms! What could have caused such a thing, Therim thought, his brow raised. "Very well. The rules are quite simple, as there are only three types of throws. The first is the Tower, which is three pairs and results in a immediate loss. The second is the Queen, made of two trios and is a complete win. The final throw is the Butcher, which is made of a trio and a pair. This throw is the most interesting because it is neither a win nor a loss. If you throw the Butcher, winning or losing depends on the other players' throws."

Therim then paused and eyed the plate of macaroons in front of him. Reaching out and grabbing one, Therim held it in his hand for a moment, then took a bite. "Thank you for these, by the way. They are delicious."

On 03/05/2022 at 0:34 PM, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Folorian frowned "They gave you a three person room? For just you?"

As more people entered the conversation, Folorian shoot a worried glance at Alanis, a five person conversation was too much too follow for his bane and was probably too much for her boon too

@Rushu42

37 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Folorian frowned "They gave you a three person room? For just you?"

As more people entered the conversation, Folorian shoot a worried glance at Alanis, a five person conversation was too much too follow for his bane and was probably too much for her boon too

@Rushu42

"It's not a three-person room, as far as I know. However, unless you are planning to stay the night, there should be room enough for all. I just thought it would be easier on you two, as you seem to have as many problems with crowds as I do."

@Rushu42

@mathiau

"We can get another room or two for the night," Aln said distractedly, eyes flicking between the people in the conversation. "Sorry, I... I zoned out for a moment there." As she turned back to look at Folorian, her absent-minded frown sharpened, eyes touched with the excitement of discovery. "But I think I have an idea. I'll tell you about it on the way upstairs."

As she made her way out of the room, Aln launched into her explanation. "Folorian, do you remember that paper you showed me a few months ago - the one about subconscious Lightweaving and hypnotherapy? We were excited because of the theoretical implications for the function of Intent, but I wonder if there's a more relevant practical application for this. Normally lightweaving a whole scene with any level of precision requires tremendous focus and clarity of mind, and even then most details will have to be fabricated. A coppermind, obviously, bypasses the issue of faulty recollection, but even then the actual creation of the illusion must be filtered through the potentially faulty perceptions of the Invested. Unless - " she held up a finger - "we can apply the same techniques they used in that study to directly access the subconscious as the memory is being accessed. Theoretically, if the process holds, we could directly translate a stored memory into an image while maintaining even inconsequential details. This is where I think it can be helpful for our investigation. We have access to conflicting sets of memories here, but most of that information is going to be largely irrelevant, a necessary side-effect of rewriting so much history. But if we can analyze those discrepancies in more detail, maybe we could start to see patterns - certain missing buildings, or events that were completely erased. That could give us an insight into what this SoulForgery is actually accomplishing."

She stopped, then, and looked sheepishly back at Balance. Crem, I wasn't supposed to reveal any of that until we knew we could trust him... I really am terrible at subterfuge, aren't I?

@mathiau @EmulatonStromenkiin

26 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

"We can get another room or two for the night," Aln said distractedly, eyes flicking between the people in the conversation. "Sorry, I... I zoned out for a moment there." As she turned back to look at Folorian, her absent-minded frown sharpened, eyes touched with the excitement of discovery. "But I think I have an idea. I'll tell you about it on the way upstairs."

As she made her way out of the room, Aln launched into her explanation. "Folorian, do you remember that paper you showed me a few months ago - the one about subconscious Lightweaving and hypnotherapy? We were excited because of the theoretical implications for the function of Intent, but I wonder if there's a more relevant practical application for this. Normally lightweaving a whole scene with any level of precision requires tremendous focus and clarity of mind, and even then most details will have to be fabricated. A coppermind, obviously, bypasses the issue of faulty recollection, but even then the actual creation of the illusion must be filtered through the potentially faulty perceptions of the Invested. Unless - " she held up a finger - "we can apply the same techniques they used in that study to directly access the subconscious as the memory is being accessed. Theoretically, if the process holds, we could directly translate a stored memory into an image while maintaining even inconsequential details. This is where I think it can be helpful for our investigation. We have access to conflicting sets of memories here, but most of that information is going to be largely irrelevant, a necessary side-effect of rewriting so much history. But if we can analyze those discrepancies in more detail, maybe we could start to see patterns - certain missing buildings, or events that were completely erased. That could give us an insight into what this SoulForgery is actually accomplishing."

She stopped, then, and looked sheepishly back at Balance. Crem, I wasn't supposed to reveal any of that until we knew we could trust him... I really am terrible at subterfuge, aren't I?

@mathiau @EmulatonStromenkiin

Balance turned to the side and opened the room with his key. It was small, but serviceable, with a bed in one corner and a table with two chairs near it. He waited for Aln and Folorian to enter, then locked the door after a wary glance outside. "Please, sit," he invited the two, gesturing to the chairs. He sat on the bed, keeping his cloak on. "I didn't quite understand what you were talking about in the hall, but I would be interested to hear more after." He held up the coin. "I'm not sure how to do this, but I'll try." He closed his eyes, and grasped the coin tightly. There was something in it, something similar yet different from what he could sense with his framesight. Something he could ... pull out. He did, and felt a store of potential come into him. Knowing that he was somehow supposed to store memories, he experimented a bit with pushing in and pulling out small ones, until he was reasonably sure of the mechanics. Thinking back, he remembered the events that he wished to share.

Nightmares. Pain. His fault. Destruction
His eyes flew open, waking from a long slumber. Unfamiliar faces, all around. He reached within, instinctively grasping something that was not there before. A heartbeat. A light exploded, rippling across his sight. When he could see again, all he saw were lines of blue giving shape to everything, wires outlining what he assumed were objects, buildings, people. But there was something wrong. The lines kept bending, twisting. Trying to change to an orientation that was the same yet different, but being forced back by some thing or being he couldn’t see. He strained to see more, trying to understand, but darkness crashed over him and dragged him down to sleep.

He was watching from an upstairs window, a busy rushing street below. There were occasional glimmers of blue, but he had learned to ignore them by now, after practicing for so long. Suddenly, there was a warping, a bending. His vision fragmented, showing two possibilities. The house across from him, looking like it had been bombed, and that same house, completely whole like it had been moments before. An empty street covered with potholes, and a full rushing one. Another twist, and everything was back to the way it was, whole and rushing.

He was walking down a sidestreet, cloak billowing in the rushing wind. Without warning, there was a massive tearing sound behind him. He spun around, instinctively summoning a wireframe sword to his hand. What he saw made him freeze. There was a jagged tear in reality, showing the same place but different. Cleaner, nicer. He stood, dumbfounded, as the tear slowly sealed itself up, leaving an empty street and a lone man on a porch giving him a strange look. Slowly, he dismissed the sword, and turned to continue on.

Another side street, this one with many people. There was a bombed building, a burnt and empty shell remaining. Once again, there was a tearing sound, and a rift opened. He could see through it, and the building was whole on the other side. People passed though the space of the rift as if it was not there. He concentrated with that sixth sense that had manifested as sight at first. The wireframes overtook his vision once again, and he saw the rift, just as he might see any other object. It was straining, bulging outwards, then it began to shrink, and shrink, until only a point remained. A point which refused to go away. The wireframes faded away from his sight, balanced between his other senses once again.

This person he saw, it was not right. He smelt faded, and sounded distant. There was a tingling across his skin that he had come to associate with the anomalies, the warps in reality. Cautiously, he concentrated and saw the wireframes. As usual, most had the subtle straining, twisting, warping that he had come to expect of this world. But the wires of his man? They did not move. Or did they? He saw flickers, and realized with a nervousness that the lines kept fading, like they did not want to exist. He dropped the framesight, and continued to watch the man at the bar.

Gasping, he opened his eyes and shot to his feet, then dropped the coin to the table between Aln and Folorian. "It is done," he wheezed, and he sank back to the bed with his head in his hands.

@Rushu42

@mathiau

"This is a very interesting idea" Folorian answered "I suppose this would not be very different from what I' usually doing when I use copermind memories as a focus. It would probably also help solidify the memories and make them easier to recover latter." Well, for the visual part it would, Alanis would probably not be able to make sound illusions "Yes, this is should work."

He gave her a playful smile "That being said it still won't help with my bane, so if you wanted to dump it all back on me it won't work"

@EmulatonStromenkiin@Rushu42

On 5/5/2022 at 6:26 AM, Kvothe the Bloodless said:

"Very well. The rules are quite simple, as there are only three types of throws. The first is the Tower, which is three pairs and results in a immediate loss. The second is the Queen, made of two trios and is a complete win. The final throw is the Butcher, which is made of a trio and a pair. This throw is the most interesting because it is neither a win nor a loss. If you throw the Butcher, winning or losing depends on the other players' throws."

Therim then paused and eyed the plate of macaroons in front of him. Reaching out and grabbing one, Therim held it in his hand for a moment, then took a bite. "Thank you for these, by the way. They are delicious."

“As well as your previous ones if recall. It’s a game that changes with every hand played” 

“Well it’s good to hear they at least came out ok,” Bell organized his share of the betting sweets and pulled his first draw “So a gleeman? I’m not familiar with that one. It doesn’t sound like a Cosmere or an earths term. Where did you come by it?”

6 hours ago, Arlin said:

“As well as your previous ones if recall. It’s a game that changes with every hand played” 

“Well it’s good to hear they at least came out ok,” Bell organized his share of the betting sweets and pulled his first draw “So a gleeman? I’m not familiar with that one. It doesn’t sound like a Cosmere or an earths term. Where did you come by it?”

"Ah, well there are other names for my type. Minstrels, bards, storytellers, jesters perhaps, and of course, gleeman. I prefer the term gleeman. It sounds more...unique, if you will. Like you said, it's not a word heard often" Therim suddenly had a far off look in his eye, then regained his composure. "So what about you? What's your story?"

On 5/10/2022 at 11:03 AM, mathiau said:

He gave her a playful smile "That being said it still won't help with my bane, so if you wanted to dump it all back on me it won't work"

Aln smirked back at him. "Well, there goes my plan." She paused to survey the Epic's rented room - it was outfitted simply but comfortably, with a style that reminded her vaguely of a Rosharan stormshelter. It was mostly the lights hanging on the wall -  the multicolored lampshades seemed to call back to the spheres that had illuminated her childhood. "We'll need more stormlight," she said, looking back at Folorian. "And this would take time. I don't know if it's the most efficient way to get answers, so if you think we're operating under too much of a deadline, we can seek alternatives. Once we've learned a little bit more about our new companion, perhaps, we can decide."

On 5/10/2022 at 10:17 AM, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Gasping, he opened his eyes and shot to his feet, then dropped the coin to the table between Aln and Folorian. "It is done," he wheezed, and he sank back to the bed with his head in his hands.

Aln hesitated slightly as she picked up the metalmind. She'd accessed copperminds before, mostly in Silverlight libraries, but they were always simply a more efficient way to store easily damaged texts, not recreations of experiences. She wasn't sure entirely what to expect as she closed her eyes and reached out to the cache of memories.

A sudden wash of alien sensation, of seeing the world through the wrong eyes, the wrong height, of an artificial familiarity with a body that she could still feel was not her own - and of sound. An incomprehensible force pushing at the inside of her skull, like a scratching at her brain, her neural pathways struggling to associate that noise with those people talking, assaulting every corner of her perception as she fought to focus instead on the energy signatures and those flashes of other worlds-"

Aln opened her eyes and found that she was leaning on Folorian, knees weak. She quickly pushed herself upright, struggling to reform her thoughts after the wave of disorientation. "That-" she took a breath. "Interesting. It - well, from what I could tell, those energy signals seemed strangely fluid, not what I'd expect from a static Forgery, unless it's somehow being actively maintained. It might not be a Forgery, but rather some related form of reality manipulation - or perhaps it's undergoing constant revision, an continuous effort on the part of the creator to keep it maintained?"

"Regardless, it seems to corroborate your story." She cocked her head. "And it occurs to me that we weren't actually properly introduced. My name is Aln - Alanis Sheneth, for the formal."

On 5/10/2022 at 4:55 PM, Kvothe the Bloodless said:

"Ah, well there are other names for my type. Minstrels, bards, storytellers, jesters perhaps, and of course, gleeman. I prefer the term gleeman. It sounds more...unique, if you will. Like you said, it's not a word heard often" Therim suddenly had a far off look in his eye, then regained his composure. "So what about you? What's your story?"

"I'd say what I do isn't too far off from you actually. I'm a columnist for the Alleyverse Post, a storyteller that regals people with 'facts and logic' about to the city's favorite cryptids and boogiemen. Potential sightings as well as guides on how to spot and defend yourself from Denizens and Mistbeavers and all that. Beyond that there is not all that much to me I'm afraid. I'm Alleycity born and raised. I've never worldhopped nor have I ever cared to. All the most interesting aspects of other places tend to find there way here anyway. Spiked together in one place, Like the Lonely God created the Worldspike only so he could entertain himself and see it all and without ever leaving the house. "

Edited by Arlin

13 hours ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln smirked back at him. "Well, there goes my plan." She paused to survey the Epic's rented room - it was outfitted simply but comfortably, with a style that reminded her vaguely of a Rosharan stormshelter. It was mostly the lights hanging on the wall -  the multicolored lampshades seemed to call back to the spheres that had illuminated her childhood. "We'll need more stormlight," she said, looking back at Folorian. "And this would take time. I don't know if it's the most efficient way to get answers, so if you think we're operating under too much of a deadline, we can seek alternatives. Once we've learned a little bit more about our new companion, perhaps, we can decide."

Aln hesitated slightly as she picked up the metalmind. She'd accessed copperminds before, mostly in Silverlight libraries, but they were always simply a more efficient way to store easily damaged texts, not recreations of experiences. She wasn't sure entirely what to expect as she closed her eyes and reached out to the cache of memories.

A sudden wash of alien sensation, of seeing the world through the wrong eyes, the wrong height, of an artificial familiarity with a body that she could still feel was not her own - and of sound. An incomprehensible force pushing at the inside of her skull, like a scratching at her brain, her neural pathways struggling to associate that noise with those people talking, assaulting every corner of her perception as she fought to focus instead on the energy signatures and those flashes of other worlds-"

Aln opened her eyes and found that she was leaning on Folorian, knees weak. She quickly pushed herself upright, struggling to reform her thoughts after the wave of disorientation. "That-" she took a breath. "Interesting. It - well, from what I could tell, those energy signals seemed strangely fluid, not what I'd expect from a static Forgery, unless it's somehow being actively maintained. It might not be a Forgery, but rather some related form of reality manipulation - or perhaps it's undergoing constant revision, an continuous effort on the part of the creator to keep it maintained?"

"Regardless, it seems to corroborate your story." She cocked her head. "And it occurs to me that we weren't actually properly introduced. My name is Aln - Alanis Sheneth, for the formal."

Balance did not respond for a moment, but then seemed to draw on an inner strength, and sat up. His hood fell off, revealing for the first time his dark hair and his strange black and gold eyes. "Unless a forgery is stable, something similar to the flux in the wireframes is what I normally sense. The more drastic the forgery, the more evident the flux. From what I have gathered, my sight is somewhere between steelsight lines and cognitive realm viewing, though that is far from a perfect comparison especially given I have never seen either." he paused, and took a deep breath to calm himself.

"You are right, and I thank you for giving me your name, Aln. I will return the favor. The name I go by is Balance the Realizer, though most call me Balance. I am a Truthbound, and so cannot knowingly lie. You saw evidence of my powers earlier, though I do not know how to classify them. May I have my memories back?" he gestured to the medallion that she was still holding.

@Rushu42

On 5/12/2022 at 9:17 AM, Arlin said:

"I'd say what I do isn't too far off from you actually. I'm a columnist for the Alleyverse Post, a storyteller that regals people with 'facts and logic' about to the city's favorite cryptids and boogiemen. Potential sightings as well as guides on how to spot and defend yourself from Denizens and Mistbeavers and all that. Beyond that there is not all that much to me I'm afraid. I'm Alleycity born and raised. I've never worldhopped nor have I ever cared to. All the most interesting aspects of other places tend to find there way here anyway. Spiked together in one place, Like the Lonely God created the Worldspike only so he could entertain himself and see it all and without ever leaving the house. "

"A storyteller of facts, eh?" Therim mused. "I once knew a man like that. Poked his nose in places he shouldn't have. It eventually got him beaten pretty good. He learned his lesson, though. Stayed far away from things that did not concern him." Therim looked away for a beat. "But I'm sure you know what you're doing. The man I spoke of was an idiot, frankly, and you don't seem like one." Therim paused, then continued. "Well, Bell, I best be off to see to my rooms. Thanks for the game" Therim spoke as he collected the stones and placed them in his pocket. He then turned and began to walk towards the kitchens, where his room was located nearby.

On 5/12/2022 at 10:24 AM, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

Balance did not respond for a moment, but then seemed to draw on an inner strength, and sat up. His hood fell off, revealing for the first time his dark hair and his strange black and gold eyes. "Unless a forgery is stable, something similar to the flux in the wireframes is what I normally sense. The more drastic the forgery, the more evident the flux. From what I have gathered, my sight is somewhere between steelsight lines and cognitive realm viewing, though that is far from a perfect comparison especially given I have never seen either." he paused, and took a deep breath to calm himself.

"You are right, and I thank you for giving me your name, Aln. I will return the favor. The name I go by is Balance the Realizer, though most call me Balance. I am a Truthbound, and so cannot knowingly lie. You saw evidence of my powers earlier, though I do not know how to classify them. May I have my memories back?" he gestured to the medallion that she was still holding.

@Rushu42

Aln carefully poured the memories she'd been given back into the coppermind, leaving her only with the lingering feeling of disorientation. It was a strange feeling, she reflected, to only remember her reaction to an event, and not the event itself. A bit like waking up from a dream. 

"It's good to meet you, Balance, and I'm pleased to discover that you were telling the truth," she said as she handed him the medallion. "I'll explain to you everything that I know, but it may take some time, and Folorian and I have both had a very long day. If you are not opposed, I would like a night's sleep and a good meal before we begin to tackle this problem."

I propose we timeskip our characters forward the week. I think Balance would be filled in on what Aln and Folorian have put together about the Forgery and the DA - if you need any ooc explanation of that, Emulaton, let us know. I suggest that the week be spent implementing the plan that Aln proposed, using lightweaving to analyze small differences between her memories of the other world and the one that they observe. We can have them discuss findings when we jump back in, and do any other scenes. (I know you and I were discussing a few between Aln and Folorian, @mathiau, if we want to work any of that into the mid-timeskip interim or something).

@mathiau

23 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

Aln carefully poured the memories she'd been given back into the coppermind, leaving her only with the lingering feeling of disorientation. It was a strange feeling, she reflected, to only remember her reaction to an event, and not the event itself. A bit like waking up from a dream. 

"It's good to meet you, Balance, and I'm pleased to discover that you were telling the truth," she said as she handed him the medallion. "I'll explain to you everything that I know, but it may take some time, and Folorian and I have both had a very long day. If you are not opposed, I would like a night's sleep and a good meal before we begin to tackle this problem."

@mathiau

Balance grasped the medallion and seized the memories from in it, relaxing once they were in his head, in spite of their pain. He dropped the medallion on the table, and sat down. "I'm perfectly fine with a good night's sleep before tackling this problem, and you two are welcome to have food, I ate plenty. Tomorrow, then, and I thank you for the truth." Balance gave them a small smile as they left the room, then collapsed on the bed.

28 minutes ago, Rushu42 said:

I propose we timeskip our characters forward the week. I think Balance would be filled in on what Aln and Folorian have put together about the Forgery and the DA - if you need any ooc explanation of that, Emulaton, let us know. I suggest that the week be spent implementing the plan that Aln proposed, using lightweaving to analyze small differences between her memories of the other world and the one that they observe. We can have them discuss findings when we jump back in, and do any other scenes. (I know you and I were discussing a few between Aln and Folorian, @mathiau, if we want to work any of that into the mid-timeskip interim or something).

I agree, That would work best. Do you also want to tell him about them being radiants? He knows they have some sort of power, but he can't see what, and this only because he's been researching them and examining them intently. I would like some ooc explination, but that can be done in PMs. I don't have anything planned for the time skip, except Balance getting oriented.

@mathiau @Rushu42

Now sitting alone at the once crowded table. Bell gathered back onto the plate the discarded ‘game chips’ and left them back to bar. Where he traded introductions with the hardazian informant and host before giving Tashi his last thanks and finishing his violet.

Bell called it a night and began to remove himself from the bar. Pausing a moment to stare at each of his lovingly made pastries a while. He recovered a blonde colored Macaron from off the stack, returning it to the battered Tupperware. 

“You get to stay” 

Finally making his way out of the boardinghouse.

Balance sat in his room, thinking. The last week had been a strange mix of rushed and relaxed, with Aln and Folorian filling him in on the stuff going on around here, and telling him of their strange problems, Aln with her solution to being deaf, and Folorian with concentration. He had shard what little he knew of the strangeness of the world, and practiced understanding his framesight. He had figured out how to tell if someone had been invested, but not anything beyond that. He wondered what they would end up doing, what leads they might find to follow.

@Rushu42, @mathiau

• 3 weeks later...

Folorian climbed down the stairs and walked to Tashi

"Er... Excuse me, could you put some music on the phonograph for a while. Please?"

God, he was not getting any better at social interactions.

@ZincAboutIt

On 21/05/2022 at 4:19 PM, EmulatonStromenkiin said:

and Folorian with concentration.

Folorian's problem is more with awareness than with concentration

41 minutes ago, mathiau said:

Folorian climbed down the stairs and walked to Tashi

"Er... Excuse me, could you put some music on the phonograph for a while. Please?"

God, he was not getting any better at social interactions.

@ZincAboutIt

“Of course,” Tashi said, setting down a glass she had been drying. “Anything in particular you’d like to hear?”