Mac stood next to the front door in number 12 Donovan Avenue. After about 3 months of hard work he had bought and renovated an old brownstone, turning it into a boarding house for various citizens of the city.

He peeked his head out the window, grimincing when he saw the damage outside. Even in one of the better protected parts of the city, it was still a mess. 

There were only 10 rooms, so not enough for everyone who needed help. But maybe he would be able to provide a shelter for a few people, and give them a little help. A little protection was better than none.

Moving to his office, he sat down at his desk, hoping that people would show up.

Hello guys, this thread is a place where one of your characters can come and rent a room and be fed. 

Mac will mostly be here this era, and he will try to interact with any of the people staying at the house whenever they are here. You don't have to stay here if you want to switch between threads. This isn't a plot and will mostly be for character development. New players are always welcome here! 

Also, Mac will go over this when they try to rent a room, but if they will be notified which foods are spiked before they eat it. So that shouldn't be concern.

===========

Edit July 2020:

My (Sorana's) character Temeria took the place over after Mac left it to her. @ZincAboutIt will help me to keep it running, so if you need anything, please feel free to tag us. My character Temeria will mostly be here during E5, probably afterwards as well.

Changes to the place after Temeria took over: A tavern room was added to provide all guests with the option to eat at the Boarding House as well. The library in the first floor stayed, as well as the ten room and Mac's (now Temeria's) office. Additionally to people renting a room for the night, it's also possible to drop by for a drink and a meal and leave again.

Edited by Sorana

Nilrin knocked on the door, to the building labelled Mac's Boarding House.

Strangely, there didn't seem to be many Inns or places to stay in this city, and the local tavern seemed to have been destroyed several months ago, so he was glad to find a place to sleep while he got adjusted to this, "Alleyverse."

"Hello? Is this place open?"

"Well you've come to the right place." Mac said. He stepped aside and gestured. "Right this way if you please." His smile quickly turned into a grimace as he heard the second question. "About 6 months ago a group of people tried to invade the alleyverse." 

And I waited too long to stop them. 

"We stopped them relatively quickly, but not before they caused a lot of the chaos. They used a lot of emotional magic, causing riots and the such, as well as being incredibly destructive. All that is added onto the damage caused when there was a guild war about 20 or so years ago."

Shaking his head, he led the man into his office, "Unfortunately this city is the source of a lot of conflict in the Alleyverse. Hopefully it will get better.” His smiled again, however this time it was appeared ever so slightly strained. As if it were masking the mind of a man full of regrets, and knew that however much he tried, he could never quite make up for his failures. “Now, you said you were looking for a place to stay? We have excellent accommodations as well as three meals a day, all included with our full board option.  All for a great price.”

@Lord Furret

Edited by MacThorstenson
Proofread, as well as forgot to ping.

4 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

"Well you've come to the right place." Mac said. He stepped aside and gestured. "Right this way if you please." His smile quickly turned into a grimace as he heard the second question. "About 6 months ago a group of people tried to invade the alleyverse." 

And I waited too long to stop them. 

"We stopped them relatively quickly, but not before they caused a lot of the chaos. They used a lot of emotional magic, causing riots and the such, as well as being incredibly destructive. All that is added onto the damage caused when there was a guild war about 20 or so years ago."

Shaking his head, he led the man into his office, "Unfortunately this city is the source of a lot of conflict in the Alleyverse. Hopefully it will get better. Now, you said you were looking for a place to stay?"

Nilrin noticed that he seemed to touch a nerve, and decided it would be best to drop that conversation.

"Ah. I'm sorry if I brought up any bad memories. Yes, I don't have enough spheres to buy a house, and there aren't many for sale."

He followed him into the office, and sat down.

3 minutes ago, Lord Furret said:

Nilrin noticed that he seemed to touch a nerve, and decided it would be best to drop that conversation.

"Ah. I'm sorry if I brought up any bad memories. Yes, I don't have enough spheres to buy a house, and there aren't many for sale."

He followed him into the office, and sat down.

"No worries," Mac replied, "Life moves on. We protect those who we can, and unfortunately that isn't everyone." Sitting down at his desk, he reached under and brought out a contract, then set it to the side. First he should probably get to know this man.

"Now before you sign this, It would probably be appropriate to get to know each other. My name is Mac, I've been a long time resident of this city, moved from scadrial a while back. And just so we don't operate under any false pretences here, I am one of the leaders of the DA. And I won't spike you unless you let me. Now, how about yourself? What brought you to the alleyverse?"

4 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

"No worries," Mac replied, "Life moves on. We protect those who we can, and unfortunately that isn't everyone." Sitting down at his desk, he reached under and brought out a contract, then set it to the side. First he should probably get to know this man.

"Now before you sign this, It would probably be appropriate to get to know each other. My name is Mac, I've been a long time resident of this city, moved from scadrial a while back. And just so we don't operate under any false pretences here, I am one of the leaders of the DA. And I won't spike you unless you let me. Now, how about yourself? What brought you to the alleyverse?"

He frowned, trying to remember where he heard that term before. "Wait, the Dark Alley?" His eyes widened, then narrowed, unsure of whether he could trust him.

He decided to give him the benefit of the doubt, the man seemed honest enough, and there was something in his eyes, something Nilrin couldn't identify. 

"I was trained by a worldhopper, and when he died, I found notes of his talking about this place. I came here to try and help others, although it seems I may be a bit late. Perhaps I can still help with rebuilding though."

1 minute ago, Lord Furret said:

He frowned, trying to remember where he heard that term before. "Wait, the Dark Alley?" His eyes widened, then narrowed, unsure of whether he could trust him.

He decided to give him the benefit of the doubt, the man seemed honest enough, and there was something in his eyes, something Nilrin couldn't identify. 

"I was trained by a worldhopper, and when he died, I found notes of his talking about this place. I came here to try and help others, although it seems I may be a bit late. Perhaps I can still help with rebuilding though."

"Yes, I am a member of the Dark Alley. I'm not going to spike you, no need to worry about that. While you are in my house you are under my protection, from the DA, other guilds, or anyone else you happen to meet on the street." Mac grinned as he heard the last part of his sentence. "Well you sir, are definitely welcome. This city needs more people trying to make it a better place." He grabbed the contract and pulled it over to him. "Here we have 10 rooms, all of which are identical, the only difference is what floor they are on. They all have a full bathroom and are around 180 square feet."

Pointing at a few places on the contract he continued. "You can either have full board, half board, or bed and breakfast. All of which include usage of the library and meeting rooms if you need them. A few other things in the contract are that we promise not to spike you and to alert you and anyone in the house which foods are spiked, also you promise not to fight or cause damage to the property, typical rules. Pricings are listed at the bottom. Once you've read through it I can give you a tour of the property, and then you can sign."

2 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

"Yes, I am a member of the Dark Alley. I'm not going to spike you, no need to worry about that. While you are in my house you are under my protection, from the DA, other guilds, or anyone else you happen to meet on the street." Mac grinned as he heard the last part of his sentence. "Well you sir, are definitely welcome. This city needs more people trying to make it a better place." He grabbed the contract and pulled it over to him. "Here we have 10 rooms, all of which are identical, the only difference is what floor they are on. They all have a full bathroom and are around 180 square feet."

Pointing at a few places on the contract he continued. "You can either have full board, half board, or bed and breakfast. All of which include usage of the library and meeting rooms if you need them. A few other things in the contract are that we promise not to spike you and to alert you and anyone in the house which foods are spiked, also you promise not to fight or cause damage to the property, typical rules. Pricings are listed at the bottom. Once you've read through it I can give you a tour of the property, and then you can sign."

He nodded, reading through the contract, and checked the pricing.

"Hmm, I'll have to go with half board." Even then, I'll need to find a way to make money, I should have brought more. "How late at night is the library open? I'll need to study up on the Alleyverse, and I don't want to bother anyone."

2 minutes ago, Lord Furret said:

He nodded, reading through the contract, and checked the pricing.

"Hmm, I'll have to go with half board." Even then, I'll need to find a way to make money, I should have brought more. "How late at night is the library open? I'll need to study up on the Alleyverse, and I don't want to bother anyone."

"The Library is open 24 hours a day, if you want I can give you a room right across from it. I would ask that you please be careful with the books, they are my personal collection and some of them do date back thousands of years. And considering that you are the only other person in the house at the moment I don't think that you will need to worry about bothering other people."

2 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

Actually, it has.

12 minutes ago, MacThorstenson said:

"The Library is open 24 hours a day, if you want I can give you a room right across from it. I would ask that you please be careful with the books, they are my personal collection and some of them do date back thousands of years. And considering that you are the only other person in the house at the moment I don't think that you will need to worry about bothering other people."

"Thank you, that'll be very useful."

He signed the paper and stood up.

"So, I assume we begin the tour?"

It seemed kind of weird to have some parts of the alleyverse able to post for about 10 hours before the rest of it did, so we settled on a specific timezone. In addition, it is actually monday for the people who decided on monday as the deadline.

Also, does it really matter that this is happening an hour and 20 minutes before its monday for me? 

I will say that you are right that I did accidentally post this early. I posted it about 24 hours ago by accident as I wanted to get the OP written. 

"Yep!" Standing up, Mac moved to the door of his office. "On the main floor, we have the main sitting room that you passed on your left. Right out here we have the dining room as well as the stairway." Walking over to the stairway he motioned down there. "In the basement we have the kitchen and a few meeting rooms, and if you glance out the back window we have a decently sized patio and garden."

Walking up the Narrow stairway he moved to the second floor. "On the left we have two rooms, yours is the first on on the left." He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a key. "On the right we have a library and three tiny study rooms. They should be soundproof. The top two floors are basically just rooms. You can go up there if you want but its really just a hallway."

@Lord Furret

Here are some diagrams of the basement and the main floor:

Sorry for the bad drawing, im not that good at it.

Spoiler

machouse1.jpg.7af4cb949592cfe7001c59625b00f8c3.jpgmachouse.jpg.416161b2a68f5aba64338e54f0d0d005.jpg

Edited by MacThorstenson

In order to avoid cluttering an RP thread with too much out of character discussion that's not exactly plot-relevant, is this discussion productive? Regardless of whether or not a timezone was previously mentioned does it actually cause any issues to start early? People can continue to wrap up the end of e3 in parallel and just avoid using those characters until then if needed.

26 minutes ago, Ark1002 said:

The OP of the timeskip doesn't settle a timezone

And you do?

Nothing was happening in the AV for most of the last week. A total of 33 posts happened since we made the announcement about the official era change. If stuff was happening it would be different, but when on average 5 posts are happening per day on a single thread between less than a sixth of the community (Less if you count the fact that two of those were mods and haven't raised any issues with the sliding forward by a couple of hours) I feel like it isn't unreasonable to move it forward so that more people can RP.

Edited by MacThorstenson

Temeria walked through the ruins, fear clenched down on her stomach. This place, how had she managed to end up in a ruin? She saw that in some places rebuilding the area had already started, but there was a long way to go. Still she stayed quiet, concentrated. Panic would only lead to her death. And she knew about death.

Instead she had braided her hair back, had removed her cloak, as it was warm around here and started to walk through the streets. Strange noises were all around and the cloths the people wore - terrible. A new world and thankfully she had experience ending up in a place where she didn't belong. She would sort this out, and hopefully one day she would understand how all of this travelling between world worked. New world, new things to learn. A new live.

She had asked around for a tavern, anything where she might spend the night and in the end, she had ended up here. She looked at the building and then nodded to herself. Unknown territory, so the first thing she needed was a base, some food and water. Then someone to explain what had happened, maybe what was going on, and what these awful loud things were, that were all around. And then she could ask for a way back.

Lifting her hand she knocked at the door, her body tense, one hand not too far away fro mthe handle of her weapon. Who knew, who might live here.

@Voidus

@MacThorstenson

Edited by Sorana

10 hours ago, MacThorstenson said:

"Yep!" Standing up, Mac moved to the door of his office. "On the main floor, we have the main sitting room that you passed on your left. Right out here we have the dining room as well as the stairway." Walking over to the stairway he motioned down there. "In the basement we have the kitchen and a few meeting rooms, and if you glance out the back window we have a decently sized patio and garden."

Walking up the Narrow stairway he moved to the second floor. "On the left we have two rooms, yours is the first on on the left." He reached into his coat pocket and pulled out a key. "On the right we have a library and three tiny study rooms. They should be soundproof. The top two floors are basically just rooms. You can go up there if you want but it's really just a hallway."

"Thank you, if you don't mind I'll head over to the library."

Nilrin turned, and left. He had a lot of reading to do.