Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Liranaril

117 Words

4 posts in this topic

Hello and welcome to this new topic! The idea here is to write flash-fan-fiction that is exactly 117 words. Why that particular number? Because Brandon almost always uses 17 when he needs a number that has no bearing on the rest of the story (and let's face it, 17 words would be way too short). There are examples in the Stormlight Archive, the Wax and Wayne books, the Reckoners, and many others. Trust me on this if you don't know what I'm talking about.

The rules for this are simple: 1) The story must be 117 words exactly. 2) The title is not part of the word count, but it has to be just a title and not tell part of the story. 3) Have fun!

- Liranaril

One cannot run forever. 

She couldn't tell where one monster ended and another began. The claws, fur, tentacles and the shriek all melded onto one. Some of it reached out to cover the tunnel walls around her, overtaking her as she ran. Running wasn't working... wasn't working. Her breath was coming in gasped, her legs wouldn't hold up for much longer, she had run so far but they still followed! A low moan escaped her mouth between gasps for air, her hand reached out to wrap exhausted fingers around the hilt of her sword. She slowed, then stopped, they roared around her, alien limbs writhing in victory. She drew her sword and set her feet against the stone floor. 

"Fight me!" 

This is my story, it isn't fan fiction of anything, it's just where my imagination took me today, hope you guys like it! 

Welcome to the shard.  What is your favorite work by Brandon Sanderson?  It's nice to have you.

Welcome! I have moved this to Forum Games as this is a game and much less an introduction.