Not allowed to "@" members?

Atrias

I assume its just a blanket ban on all embedded links and things for new members, but I was disappointed to find in my introduction post I was forced to resubmit my reply to people who had kindly welcomed me to the forum. My post was rejected because of embedded links and the only thing I can think of is that I had used @ tags to mention the members specifically. In case its an unintended bug or oversight I just thought I would mention it.

@Karger. The message said specifically it was to prevent spam from new members so I’m not sure it will affect someone with your post count ;) but  @Ixthos I’ll try tagging you both and see if it lets me... who knows... maybe 3 posts is the threshold.

Edit: ok, yeah clearly that works now, I’ll try in my original thread as well in case there’s different parameters for different sections of the forum (I can see why allowing links would be required in a tech / support area :P)

Edited by Atrias
Additional Info

12 minutes ago, Atrias said:

@Karger. The message said specifically it was to prevent spam from new members so I’m not sure it will affect someone with your post count ;) but  @Ixthos I’ll try tagging you both and see if it lets me... who knows... maybe 3 posts is the threshold.

Edit: ok, yeah clearly that works now, I’ll try in my original thread as well in case there’s different parameters for different sections of the forum (I can see why allowing links would be required in a tech / support area :P)

Ahhh, I think the problem might have been you not having enough reputation - I'm not sure, but I think that can affect if you can @ someone. Good to know it is sorted now :-)