Please make it happen

Eluvianii

On 9/10/2019 at 6:51 AM, Stormfather-in-Law said:

Dunno, for me do this to anything but Stormlight, which borders on a religion to me. Don't think I want the 4th wall broken on this series. Skyward 3? Yes. Warbreaker 2? YES! 'Princess' would be intact there too.

I agree, but for argument's sake, I think it could fit in perfectly based on the little Kaladin/Jasnah interaction we've had so far.

Jasnah could be going about handing out orders and acting like a know it all, to which Kaladin would respond with the quote.  I think princess would even work as well, as Kaladin calling Queen Jasnah 'princess' would be a way to give a slight.  (Kind of the opposite of calling Dalinar 'sir' as his own method of respect, instead of 'brightlord.')

On 9/10/2019 at 6:51 AM, Stormfather-in-Law said:

Dunno, for me do this to anything but Stormlight, which borders on a religion to me. Don't think I want the 4th wall broken on this series. Skyward 3? Yes. Warbreaker 2? YES! 'Princess' would be intact there too.

It's only "breaking the fourth wall" now that you've seen this tweet and would recognize it as an intentional reference on Brandon's part to Zelda, and specifically commissioned by his kids. And if it's not forced.

What about having Lopen the Full Windrunner getting his forearm cut off in a battle and shrugging it off as "it's only a flesh wound, gancho. I've had worse!" And then regrowing it with Stormlight. I mean, I assume Brandon's seen Monty Python's Holy Grail. But it's also in character for him!

On 9/12/2019 at 8:41 AM, robardin said:

What about having Lopen the Full Windrunner getting his forearm cut off in a battle and shrugging it off as "it's only a flesh wound, gancho. I've had worse!" And then regrowing it with Stormlight. I mean, I assume Brandon's seen Monty Python's Holy Grail. But it's also in character for him!

I love this. 

"It's only a scratch!"

• Chaos locked this topic