Non-Canon stories

Ark1002

So, this is a thread for any scene you may want to write that you love the idea of, but it's not canon. Not things you're planning, things that can't happen.

Scenes like Ene's my braces stop me from nothing story, should go here.

It's like the Reckoners RP What Happened Outside of Canon thread

I'm making this because A. I have a story, and B. We need the thread

Without further ado, my story...

DUSKBENT

Spoiler

Duskbent, a love story

By Ark1002

Shortly after the Great Game

Hellbent sat on the dark throne in the Den of Thieves. His face was dark as he mulled over his thoughts. He had spent the day slaughtering a small village, a village who had offended some of his favored Chaos Marines. The screams of innocents, the blood of the fallen spilling over the ground, the smell, it had all refreshed him. But, as he had been leaving, he had come across a precocious boy, a scrawny and tall boy with pale skin. He had worn safety goggles and a lab coat, and he had a small book in his hand. The boy had dropped it into a puddle of blood that was spilling from a woman's head. The blood splashed on the pages, soaking into the cover. He had looked down, then a tear had fallen down his face. As the boys head rose, he mouthed a single word. Why? Hellbent had killed him, naturally. That hadn't been what troubled him.

What had been troubling him? He was a god in his powers, he could do any number of things. He was the leader of the largest criminal empire the Alleyverse had ever seen! He had gotten more then half the guilds to join him to fight Dusk. Dusk. For some reason, his mood shifted when he thought the word. He felt something he hadn't before... not  for a very long time. He tried to call back memories of this feeling, this word he was missing.

The image that came up was his ex-wife. Murdering someone makes them ex, even if it isn't a legal divorce. He had been young, innocent, alive. He had flirted, joked, and finally, the Shin woman had captured the heart of the criminal. They had a happy life, until their house was destroyed. Until Harmony betrayed him. He had burned down a house, killing children to punish Harmony, and then left. That wasn't why he was thinking this, however. The emotions before the love. The... attraction? He grimaced on his dark throne, and the man he had left bowing on the floor for the last ten minutes while he brooded flinched.

He stood quickly, tapping large amounts of speed. "You may live in the Den. Your case is approved." The man bowed and scurried out of the room. Hellbent began pacing, each step echoing around the room, his cloak billowing out behind him. He went back to his thoughts. Why am I so confused by this man, this adversary of mine? He growled, and stepped to the door, knocking on it. A bulking chaos marine entered, his dark armor shining, skulls on spikes decorating his armor. "Crow, I'm going away. You are in charge while I'm gone. Understand?" Crow nodded. He'll do well. He's vicious enough for the task. Hellbent turned, and teleported away, teleporting to the location of the source of his troubles. Dusk.

~-~-~-~-~

Dusk looked up from his experiment. He was awakening a wooden fork. For scientific purposes. He spoke clearly, letting the breath flow from his body, letting the colors become a little more drab. "Stab salad." He watched as it stabbed his salad, and brought it up to his mouth. The fork promptly tried to stab Dusk in the throat as the salad passed down it. He grabbed it, speaking again before it went for his stomach. "Your breath to mine." The breath flowed back into him, the world becoming slightly more colorful.

He swiveled on his chair as someone knocked on the door. "Come in!" A man in a lab coat, an assistant of his, entered. What is his name again? Ah, Frederick, that's right. Frederick nodded to him respectfully as he handed him the box in his hand. It said Caution: Dangerous contents. It had five hair holes, one of which had a purple tentacle trying to slide out of it. "Thank you Frederick, you can go." Frederick nodded again, leaving. He grinned, setting the box aside for another date.

Then Walker sprinted into the room, somehow out of breath, even with all the steel he tapped. Walker opened his mouth, panting. "Hell, cough, bent. He's here. Cough." Dusk stood up, eyes wide, as Hellbent walked in the door. He walked to Walker, gripped him by the shirt, and disappeared. He reappeared a second later, no longer holding Walker.

Hellbent grinned at Dusk. "If you survive this, you'll want to retrieve Walker from Threnody, before the Shades get him."

~-~-~-~-~

Hellbent watched Dusk like a cat, grinning darkly. His entire body was tensed, ready to move instantaneously. He moved his finger in front of his face, picking blood out from under the nail. He looked up at Dusk.

"I have come to finish what I started with the Great Game. You will die today." 

Dusk tried to keep a brave face, but his face paled a small amount. He spoke clearly and confidently, only Hellbent's enhanced senses letting him pick up on Dusk's fear. "Do your worst." He shivered slightly, Hellbent's enhanced senses picking up on the goosebumps on his neck, and visible underneath his tight shirt. He was wearing a blue shirt, long sleeved, underneath a black lab coat. He had gray pants, tight fitting. He was wearing tall black boots, the type you'd wear in the rain. He also had on lab goggles. The whole affect worked for him. Why am I admiring his clothing? I should be killing him. I'm killing him because he's fogging my mind like this.

Hellbent stepped forward, summoning a shardblade in each hand.

~-~-~-~-~

Dusk took a step back, gripping the fork. He spoke quietly, but clearly. "Stab things." Then he threw it. The fork flew toward Hellbent, trying to impale him. Dusk watched as Hellbent cut it in half. A sense of relief filled him. At least he's not dead. Then he shook his head. Why do I care? Hellbent killed my family! Hellbent is trying to kill me, for Voidus's sake. Hellbent took another step, looming over him, and Dusk found himself admiring Hellbent's body. Muscular to the extreme, he had chiseled features, long white hair, flashing violet eyes. He was something straight out of a story of old, his blood red cloak billowing behind him. He's going to kill me, and all I can think of his how handsome he is?

~-~-~-~-~

Hellbent raised his shardblades in an X, crossing his arms in front of him so he would slash twice through the neck, not only killing him but also slice cleanly through. His muscles tensed as he prepared to do it, but he hesitated a second. Slowly, he withdrew the blades, dispelling the one in his right hand. He looked at Dusk, at his handsome features. Handsome?!? What is wrong with me? His face distorted into pure rage, and he shouted, raising the blade in his left hand to slam it through Dusk's skull.

And he found something. He... he couldn't.

So, instead, following his emotions, ignoring all the things his mind said, he grabbed the back of Dusk's head, slamming the shardblade into the table, and brought his lips to Dusk's, kissing him passionately.

~-~-~-~-~

Dusk stiffened, surprised by the kiss. He was going to kill me? Why is he doing this? He panicked for a second. Is this a trap? But this all happened within three seconds, and he ignored his fears. He leaned in, gripping Hellbent's shirt, and kissed him back, kissed him with all the emotion he had left in his heart.

Six months later

Hellbent stood nervously, his palms sweaty. He wore a black suit, with a blood red shirt and a deeper red tie. It would give a more pale man the appearance of a vampire, but on Hellbent, it gave him a more tall-scary-man-but-dressed-nicely vibe. He looked in the mirror, at the hair he had tied back in a ponytail, at the piercings on his ears. Do I look good enough? He shook his head, stepping away from the mirror. No point worrying about it. What's done was done. The door opened a crack, and the nervous woman waved to him. He followed her, noting the ways she resembled a mouse, with grayish hair, a plump body, and a nervous attitude. She even squeaked a bit when she noticed Hellbent's intense gaze on her.

He wiped his hands on a cloth a man offered him as he passed, then looked up at the massive doors, made of dark wood and inlaid with silver. Hellbent shook his head, his eyes becoming slightly panicky. The woman scampered away, obviously afraid. Hellbent didn't care. He was too nervous, too excited, too scared.

After all, it was his wedding day.

The man at the door nodded. "It's time, sir." Hellbent straightened his back, and stepped up to the door, putting on a strong face. They opened, and he saw a long, open pathway between pews. On the pews were a strange variety of people. Walker Drown, his former enemy. Crow Blackice, his heir in the Den. Tena, a woman he had met a while back. Mr. Amber and Dwig, people he knew in the Council. A DA representative in a hooded robe, a row of small spikes visible on his chin.

Finally, Hellbent focused his gaze on the end of the path, where Dusk stood. And he knew everything would be alright.

He walked slowly to the front, stepping up beside Dusk. The rest of the ceremony passed in a blur, with Hellbent nearly breaking down and crying a number of times. Finally, they had slid the rings onto each others hands, and the voice pronounced "You may now kiss your spouse." He had, and he had enjoyed every second of it.

One week later

Dusk woke first, as always. Hellbent had his big arms wrapped around him, and Dusk had to shove the sleeping giant off of him. Hellbent mumbled something rude, angry at the absence of warmth. Dusk stood up, looking around the room. It was simple, with tropical decorations and a queen bed. They were in Hawaii, on one of the Earths. Their honeymoon was almost over, and they would soon return to the Alleyverse. He smiled slightly as he looked down at the sleeping Hellbent. Finally, he shook him awake. "Get up you big oaf, we're going to eat out for breakfast." Hellbent muttered something even more rude, then rolled out of bed, landing with a loud thump on the floor.

Dusk grinned, and looked out the window again. The sun rose, and the clear blue water reflected the perfect sunrise, the beautiful color. Hellbent joined him, throwing his arm around Dusk's shoulders. Dusk smiled warmly, kissing Hellbent's cheek. "Beautiful, isn't it?"

Hellbent, still tired, grunted, and said:

"Looks like blood."

The end

I have to say, that is something I've wanted to write for soooooo long, ever since someone shipped Hellbent and Dusk during the Great Game

• 2 months later...

You can blame Discord voice chat insanity for this one. I knew I had to write it, though. I call it: 

"You called?" 

Spoiler

Sally was having a fine day. The sun was shining on the streets, wet with rain ten minutes after the Alleystorm had passed by. She'd bought a loaf of bread from TUBA yesterday, and she was going to eat it today. Her daughter had finally escaped the wars back at home on Roshar and made it to the Alleyverse, which made Sally want to sing. It was such a fine day. 

Then her finger slipped slicing the bread, and what she sang made her happy her daughter wasn't in the room to hear. "By the Stranger!" she cursed furiously, snatching up a wad of paper towels and pressing them to a cut finger. Red soaked through, and she sighed, realizing she'd need to put something on it. There were these useful-sounding bandages from Earth called Band-Aids, and she'd ordered some not long ago, but for now she'd have to make do. Sally turned to head into the bathroom, where she stored her bandages. 

She froze in shock at the sight before her. 

Lying on her kitchen table, propping himself up with an arm, was a man with dark skin, darker hair, and one eye that seemed to redefine the word darkness entirely - bringing it from the descriptor it was for the first two features to a concept that couldn't fully be known, not unless you stared into this eye forever...but she didn't. His other eye was a glinting metal spike, and it was that spike that put things into perspective for her, that spike that revealed this stranger's identity. No, not just 'this stranger'. 

"You called?" The Stranger said, with a smirk that seemed to shatter sanity. 

@Fatebreaker 

On 11/21/2019 at 8:19 AM, AonEne said:

Hmm, I think this doesn't belong in this thread, as it's all too plausible to NOT have happened. 

Also, I'm very curious as to what vould have inspired this beautiful piece of literature. 

Edited by Fatebreaker

42 minutes ago, Fatebreaker said:

Hmm, I think this doesn't belong in this thread, as it's all too plausible to NOT have happened. 

Also, I'm very curious as to what vould have inspired this beautiful piece of literature. 

It’s very possible that Sally is out there, traumatized after meeting the Stranger, and vowing never to curse again :P 

Well, it started by people talking about characters about worldbuilding, and what terminology certain people might use or not use, including curses. The conversation turned to Alleyverse-specific curses, then what if the god characters could hear when someone cursed by their name (which is still a good question, because it would be amazing but also RIP because they’d be pinged constantly throughout the Alleyverse by someone, somewhere, saying their name). And then because the Stranger is the Stranger, it became something like a meme. 

Side note, the talk to transformer AI had some hilarious entries on this after the meming passed. Also some Sorana-Stranger-kitchen table fanfiction that we’re not going to talk about. ;) 

2 minutes ago, AonEne said:

The conversation turned to Alleyverse-specific curses, then what if the god characters could hear when someone cursed by their name (which is still a good question, because it would be amazing but also RIP because they’d be pinged constantly throughout the Alleyverse by someone, somewhere, saying their name).

That was me, I said that. I claim credit. It's recorded somewhere, I can prove this. :P 

11 minutes ago, ZincAboutIt said:

That was me, I said that. I claim credit. It's recorded somewhere, I can prove this. :P 

Well if we’re claiming credit, I brought up the curses in the first place. :P I don’t remember who first made the joke, though, I’d have to check the recording. (Which I am now tempted to do.) 

Edited by AonEne

Story time!

Spoiler

It was a normal day in the Alleycity, people were walking, talking, working, and various other things when a frog showed up, wearing a pot on its head. It started hopping up and down the streets until someone approached it. When the person started approaching the frog, it just stared at him, then hopped closer to the person. When the frog and the person reached each other, the person picked the frog up and immediately became a frog, but he was wearing a cowboy hat. They then started hopping towards other people who started screaming. When the frogs touched any part of a person on skin or clothes, they became a frog wearing a hat. It was soon discovered that the frogs were immune to bullets, explosives, magic, and lasers. The frogs were indestructible and making new frogs, slowly but surely. Within the month, the entire population of the Alleycity was turned into frogs, then a week later, the entire planet was frogs, then the frogs spread to different planets and soon, the entirety of reality was only inhabited by frogs wearing hats. The End.

Edited by Clyde Meepins

I actually do think it would be epic if a few of the higher-powered entities in the AV could hear their name spoken in vain. That might be why no one actually does it.

And @AonEne you may want to specify that any bizarre narratives referenced here are the result of plugging ridiculous phrases into a story completion AI (talktotransformer), not works of fiction by sensible humans.

Edited by ZincAboutIt