Steel Alphabet Font (updated)

Claincy

I've updated my old font for the Steel Alphabet (Final Empire era symbols). The new version improves the details on some of the symbols and improves the scale and alignment of the symbols which makes it look cleaner and easier to read.

You can download it from google drive if you want to try it.

Here's the same passage in both to show the difference.

Old font

5d7606929bdc8_StartofSoSreading-oldfont.PNG.2f984edc9a78b6fbc03db5769f8b7fa2.PNG

New font

5d760691aaf66_StartofSoSreading-newfont.PNG.b2f7fa9fc204777619ad3b5f25dca40e.PNG

(The old topic was nearly 6 years ago now so it's locked. Starting a new one seemed the way to go. If the mods think it'd be better to reopen that and merge this topic in that's fine. :) )

Oh this is going to make some of my diagrams a lot easier to draw... :D Thanks a ton, dude!

Edit: Every time i hit the spacebar, it reverts to Calibri... I'm using normal microsoft office word to test this. Also it puts an empty square character in front of whatever I type, and when i hit space, it goes away (presumably due to the revert to calibri). What's going on here, and how do I fix it :(

Edited by Halyo_Alex

20 hours ago, Kualo said:

Thanks for this! It will be useful for the Brandon small fansites I am making :) 

:)

14 hours ago, Artemos said:

This is really cool! Do you mind if I use this in my Mistborn game (Invested)?

I don't mind at all! Invested is very cool by the way.

8 hours ago, Halyo_Alex said:

Oh this is going to make some of my diagrams a lot easier to draw... :D Thanks a ton, dude!

Edit: Every time i hit the spacebar, it reverts to Calibri... I'm using normal microsoft office word to test this. Also it puts an empty square character in front of whatever I type, and when i hit space, it goes away (presumably due to the revert to calibri). What's going on here, and how do I fix it :(

Hrm, I haven't encountered that. Do you get the same behaviour if you go through the same actions but with a different font to steel alphabet? Have you tried writing out whatever you want in Calibri then selecting the whole lot and converting it to steel alphabet when you're done?

31 minutes ago, Claincy said:

Hrm, I haven't encountered that. Do you get the same behaviour if you go through the same actions but with a different font to steel alphabet? Have you tried writing out whatever you want in Calibri then selecting the whole lot and converting it to steel alphabet when you're done?

I haven't tried either of those, no. I'll give it a shot though. Thanks.

• Chaos locked this topic