Thoughts of a new fan

Kualo

When I was picking the first book, I was sure it will be good, I have that feeling not very often and in these rare cases often it pays off. But the characters blew me away in many ways. While reading the beginning, on skaa plantation, I felt that I am befriending a really great man - Kelsier. Then the other characters started to appear and each was different but worthy and the whole pack of thieves that Kelsier gathered, stole my heart as quick as swallow pierces the air.

Vin was my second choice, as I always loved raising from the ashes, and here it was as metaphorical as obvious. Breeze started gaining my heart in the first scenes.

Kelsier was from then a form of unreachable hero, who you must like because of his charisma but he still is distant. His plans were genial, he was a visioner and I loved reading about his ever-present smile and plans. It started with him but it was Vin, Breeze, Elend and one more character that I fell for in real unadulterated love.

TENSOON. I love him SO much. Descriptions of his calm and detached service were brilliant and heart-catching and it didn't help he was in the body of a doge. It was a prophetic choice, as he became as loyal as the doges are. He even broke a contract to save Vin. He is for me the most inspiring character that appeared in the books.

Overall, I have about 50 pages to finish the third book. It's my fave series. I only can imagine how great other Brandon's books must be if many people put Stormlight over Mistborn.

I can't wait until I start drawing all characters from the books, or at least the main ones :) I love drawing characters from my fave books.

Edited by Kualo

12 hours ago, Kualo said:

When I was picking the first book, I was sure it will be good, I have that feeling not very often and in these rare cases often it pays off. But the characters blew me away in many ways. While reading the beginning, on skaa plantation, I felt that I am befriending a really great man - Kelsier. Then the other characters started to appear and each was different but worthy and the whole pack of thieves that Kelsier gathered, stole my heart as quick as swallow pierces the air.

Vin was my second choice, as I always loved raising from the ashes, and here it was as metaphorical as obvious. Breeze started gaining my heart in the first scenes.

Kelsier was from then a form of unreachable hero, who you must like because of his charisma but he still is distant. His plans were genial, he was a visioner and I loved reading about his ever-present smile and plans. It started with him but it was Vin, Breeze, Elend and one more character that I fell for in real unadulterated love.

TENSOON. I love him SO much. Descriptions of his calm and detached service were brilliant and heart-catching and it didn't help he was in the body of a doge. It was a prophetic choice, as he became as loyal as the doges are. He even broke a contract to save Vin. He is for me the most inspiring character that appeared in the books.

Overall, I have about 50 pages to finish the third book. It's my fave series. I only can imagine how great other Brandon's books must be if many people put Stormlight over Mistborn.

I can't wait until I start drawing all characters from the books, or at least the main ones :) I love drawing characters from my fave books.

Oh you have no idea how jealous I am of the position you are in. You still have the whole Brandon universe to explore. Enjoy and relish it cause you know read these book for the first time once :) 

@Rask I will be taking a break from Mistborn universe after the third book and will start Stormlight :) I really can't wait!

@Wander89 I don't have a lot of time for reading nowadays and it goes slowly. I will write my thoughts in this thread after I finish it :)

@Kaladin-Stormblessed I feel lucky that I even picked the books up! And seeing Brandon writes so often, I know I will never really need to wait long for a new book :) It's thrilling to explore my new favourite universe.

On 9/8/2019 at 11:16 AM, Kualo said:

Get tissues for those last pages. And you may want to read Secret History before heading to Roshar... (It will spoil a detail in Bands of Mourning though, so you’ll have to decide. But timeline wise, it belongs with the first trilogy.)

On 9/12/2019 at 1:11 AM, Kualo said:

@Rask Already read Elantris and it was GREAT :D

@Kingsdaughter613 I think...hmmm...I will read the second trilogy first to not be spoiled :) With Brandon, it's better to no know things xD It's a great feeling when something happens and your jaw lands on the floor.

SH is an odd trade off. It DOES spoil something in BoM, but if you aren’t planning to go straight to Era 2, it’s probably better to read SH first as it really is part of Era 1. Otherwise you’ll probably want to reread Era 1 (especially HoA) to see when certain events occur and in reference to what.

Careful reading of HoA (And some of the annotations) will reveal the spoiler anyway. So you may have already been spoiled. If you stick around the Mistborn forums you definitely will be though!

On the other hand, it’s the novella that has the most info about the Cosmere. It’s a steep learning curve if you haven’t delved much into the lore yet, which is a good reason to wait. The MC is pretty Cosmere ignorant though, so that helps.

If you’ve already come across the name of SH’s MC, then you’ve already been half spoiled. (The other half was by informing you that it spoils something in BoM.) So if you know the MC you aren’t going to get more spoiled by reading the novella. (The MC’s identity is the spoiler.) If you do not know the MC, stay far away from this forum until you’ve read the novella.

• Chaos locked this topic