Stormlight 4 Readings and Info

Pagerunner

@Pagerunner I think you missed this tidbit:

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Szeth starts book four in jail, Dalinar instructed him to go. Compared to Oathbringer, his role in the book is smaller, closer to book one in scope. His role in the spotlight is mostly saved for book five.

From the latest DragonCon I believe.

Anyone else getting stoneward vibes from the herdazian general? In first WOB Lirin mentions that the herdazians are fighting a losing battle, “In Herdaz, men could claim to fight for freedom, but how free were the corpses they left to bleed into the storm waters?” and Brandon says the guy will be important? 

17 minutes ago, Kramerfarve said:

Anyone else getting stoneward vibes from the herdazian general? In first WOB Lirin mentions that the herdazians are fighting a losing battle, “In Herdaz, men could claim to fight for freedom, but how free were the corpses they left to bleed into the storm waters?” and Brandon says the guy will be important? 

There are a couple different theories on him. I think Stoneward and Dustbringer are the popular ones. I’m thinking Dustbringer, based off this WoB:

Questioner

Any new Dustbringers in Stormlight Four?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, there will be.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've updated the original post with the latest excerpts, Update Six, and some WoBs from October/November signing events. (The Starsight release is still being transcribed, but I'm pretty sure I already found all the ones relevant to Stormlight Four and transcribed them already, so I don't expect too many more to pop up.)

On 9/8/2019 at 3:01 PM, Toaster Retribution said:

@Pagerunner I think you missed this tidbit:

Szeth starts book four in jail, Dalinar instructed him to go.

From the latest DragonCon I believe.

It's not funny, Szeth thought to himself, how many things begin with me intentionally getting thrown into prison.

Wow, thought his strange, black Shardblade. Vasher used to think it was funny!

Who is this 'Vasher' the Blade has mentioned several times? Szeth wondered. But before he could pose the question to the sword, one of the guards looking through his possessions pulled it out to examine it, undoing its clasp as he did so. Suddenly, the other guards began to fight to seize it from him...

Edited by robardin

On 3/1/2020 at 11:21 AM, Wander89 said:

On the new YouTube AMA, he confirmed that Book 4 references some parts of Wandersail so he trying to get that out before the Book 4 release. I'm really hoping we get that.

Ohhh that would be an early birthday present!

22 hours ago, quadbox said:

There's a recording of him reading a lift interlude (not sure if the same one or not) here on the brandon and dan show, skip to 41:30 for the reading

It seems to be the same one.  We now know that Lift also got a boon from Cultivation.  If she gets near Taravangian she can start to blow his cover.  I also think she got some form of immortality from Cultivation.  Also why do we think Rock is missing?  Where has he gone?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/5/2020 at 6:12 PM, Karger said:

It seems to be the same one.  We now know that Lift also got a boon from Cultivation.  If she gets near Taravangian she can start to blow his cover.  I also think she got some form of immortality from Cultivation.  Also why do we think Rock is missing?  Where has he gone?

What do you mean here?

5 minutes ago, Karger said:

Lift detected Dalinar's boon via smell.  Presumably she can do the same with Taravangian.

Ahh... I forgot that.

We know Dalinar got his boon directly from Cultivation, as did Taravangian, yeah? So if it's the direct touch of Cultivation that makes one "smell" like the Nightwatcher to Lift, that would indeed be something that could happen.