Pagerunner

Stormlight 4 Readings and Info

101 posts in this topic

Not all heroes wear Mistcloaks. Thank you!

5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like 'rhythms of war' as a tittle. We were always mostly sure that a Listener flashback book would be called 'rhythms of something'.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Pagerunner I think you missed this tidbit:

Quote

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Szeth starts book four in jail, Dalinar instructed him to go. Compared to Oathbringer, his role in the book is smaller, closer to book one in scope. His role in the spotlight is mostly saved for book five.

From the latest DragonCon I believe.

6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Solant said:

Not all heroes wear Mistcloaks. Thank you!

Don't be ridiculous.  Some wear shardplate.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone else getting stoneward vibes from the herdazian general? In first WOB Lirin mentions that the herdazians are fighting a losing battle, “In Herdaz, men could claim to fight for freedom, but how free were the corpses they left to bleed into the storm waters?” and Brandon says the guy will be important? 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Kramerfarve said:

Anyone else getting stoneward vibes from the herdazian general? In first WOB Lirin mentions that the herdazians are fighting a losing battle, “In Herdaz, men could claim to fight for freedom, but how free were the corpses they left to bleed into the storm waters?” and Brandon says the guy will be important? 

There are a couple different theories on him. I think Stoneward and Dustbringer are the popular ones. I’m thinking Dustbringer, based off this WoB:

Questioner

Any new Dustbringers in Stormlight Four?

Brandon Sanderson

Yes, there will be.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Added the latest reading to the list. No transcription yet, just the audio; I'll update the link once it gets transcribed.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep I'm thinking Dustbringer too. They have Abrasion for a surge and he's always slipping out of handcuffs...

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Bigmikey357 said:

Yep I'm thinking Dustbringer too. They have Abrasion for a surge and he's always slipping out of handcuffs...

Ok yes 

Good observation 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2019 at 5:53 PM, Bigmikey357 said:

slipping out of handcuffs

To be fair, Stonewards would not have too much trouble either, being able to shape and reshape objects. As a fledgling radiant, it could be manifesting as a little stretching here or there in a handcuff. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The latest newsletter just released chapter one's rough draft.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've updated the original post with the latest excerpts, Update Six, and some WoBs from October/November signing events. (The Starsight release is still being transcribed, but I'm pretty sure I already found all the ones relevant to Stormlight Four and transcribed them already, so I don't expect too many more to pop up.)

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/8/2019 at 3:01 PM, Toaster Retribution said:

@Pagerunner I think you missed this tidbit:

Szeth starts book four in jail, Dalinar instructed him to go.

From the latest DragonCon I believe.

It's not funny, Szeth thought to himself, how many things begin with me intentionally getting thrown into prison.

Wow, thought his strange, black Shardblade. Vasher used to think it was funny!

Who is this 'Vasher' the Blade has mentioned several times? Szeth wondered. But before he could pose the question to the sword, one of the guards looking through his possessions pulled it out to examine it, undoing its clasp as he did so. Suddenly, the other guards began to fight to seize it from him...

Edited by robardin
10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hearing that Brandon read a new Lift interlude today. If anybody stumbles across a recording of it, please let me know.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any news on the Lift reading? I saw there are two WoBs on Arcanum talking about it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 5:46 AM, Ciridae said:

Any news on the Lift reading? I saw there are two WoBs on Arcanum talking about it.

A summary has surfaced on Reddit, but no recording yet.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the new YouTube AMA, he confirmed that Book 4 references some parts of Wandersail so he trying to get that out before the Book 4 release. I'm really hoping we get that.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/1/2020 at 11:21 AM, Wander89 said:

On the new YouTube AMA, he confirmed that Book 4 references some parts of Wandersail so he trying to get that out before the Book 4 release. I'm really hoping we get that.

Ohhh that would be an early birthday present!

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's a recording of him reading a lift interlude (not sure if the same one or not) here on the brandon and dan show, skip to 41:30 for the reading

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, quadbox said:

There's a recording of him reading a lift interlude (not sure if the same one or not) here on the brandon and dan show, skip to 41:30 for the reading

It seems to be the same one.  We now know that Lift also got a boon from Cultivation.  If she gets near Taravangian she can start to blow his cover.  I also think she got some form of immortality from Cultivation.  Also why do we think Rock is missing?  Where has he gone?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today Brandon tweeted the UK cover for Rhythm of War - here it is:

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/5/2020 at 6:12 PM, Karger said:

It seems to be the same one.  We now know that Lift also got a boon from Cultivation.  If she gets near Taravangian she can start to blow his cover.  I also think she got some form of immortality from Cultivation.  Also why do we think Rock is missing?  Where has he gone?

What do you mean here?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, robardin said:

What do you mean here?

Lift detected Dalinar's boon via smell.  Presumably she can do the same with Taravangian.

Edited by Karger
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Karger said:

Lift detected Dalinar's boon via smell.  Presumably she can do the same with Taravangian.

Ahh... I forgot that.

We know Dalinar got his boon directly from Cultivation, as did Taravangian, yeah? So if it's the direct touch of Cultivation that makes one "smell" like the Nightwatcher to Lift, that would indeed be something that could happen.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.