What would you be in the Cosmere

Dancer

8 minutes ago, Superbus said:

Let’s just say I have some similar problems to Kaladin. And that from experience I’d rather be some degree of manic.

Essentially having a sliding bar is exactly what I want, gold or atium is nothing to me if I don’t want to live forever.

Oh, ok that's entirely fair.  I had originally thought that the "determination" that electrum stored would give you some sort of Super-will power and make you more mentally resilient.  I was disappointed to learn how far off base that theory was.  

4 minutes ago, Quantus said:

Oh, ok that's entirely fair.  I had originally thought that the "determination" that electrum stored would give you some sort of Super-will power and make you more mentally resilient.  I was disappointed to learn how far off base that theory was.  

Mania (or at least hypomania) can make you pretty productive and energetic, but, yeah, it can be unfocused and you might not care about the same things that you'd want in a depressive or normal mood state.

8 minutes ago, Superbus said:

Mania (or at least hypomania) can make you pretty productive and energetic, but, yeah, it can be unfocused and you might not care about the same things that you'd want in a depressive or normal mood state.

That's really the key of my disappointment I think: Id wanted Electrum to basically let you store Focus, filling being more along the lines of ADD while tapping it would let you get temporarily obsessive about your intended task/target/goal.

On 9/7/2019 at 2:41 PM, Dancer said:

If you were not luck enough to be born Mistborn you can always try splitting Hurmonium into Atium and Lerasium ( this would be very difficult but can be done). You can still be a Mistborn this way, plus you will have some Atium as a bones. 

i dont really like the name harmonium. it is a musical instrument! why can this metal be called sazium or something.. earlier gods were using their actual names why not sazed?

and i would like to be an elantrian. 

Edited by The traveller

16 hours ago, The traveller said:

why can this metal be called sazium or something.. earlier gods were using their actual names why not sazed?

Spoiler

youshallnotpass

Will there be a metal called harmonium in the mistborn world?

Brandon Sanderson

RAFO. But good question.

WeiryWriter

Just an fyi but you have confirmed the existence of harmonium before. (And this is probably a RAFO, but is there a reason you didn't follow the convention of the other "god metals" and call it something like sazedium? "Harmonium" just seems out of place.)

Brandon Sanderson

Sazed didn't like the sound of Sazedium.

/r/books AMA 2015 (July 6, 2015)

Sazedium sounds lame.

3 hours ago, John203 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

youshallnotpass

Will there be a metal called harmonium in the mistborn world?

Brandon Sanderson

RAFO. But good question.

WeiryWriter

Just an fyi but you have confirmed the existence of harmonium before. (And this is probably a RAFO, but is there a reason you didn't follow the convention of the other "god metals" and call it something like sazedium? "Harmonium" just seems out of place.)

Brandon Sanderson

Sazed didn't like the sound of Sazedium.

/r/books AMA 2015 (July 6, 2015)

Sazedium sounds lame.

Lamer than harmonium? 

I am sorry but I used to play harmonium so for me it is always going to resonate that and not a god metal..

i bet Brandon can come up with some version of it that is not lame

harmonium being the god metal of two shards, should not it be more powerful than like atium or lerasium? Does it grant both things they did or something new? 

57 minutes ago, Pathfinder said:

Elsecaller as always. Regeneration, armor, sword, teleportation, and matter transformation. All awesome to me. 

Why not an Elantrian then? Your spren will bind you to a solar system anyway. And you are master of your own decisions.

Well I feel that lightweavers are very powerful. They have soul casting which is most powerful as jasnah has proved and illumination which as shallan has proved is not at all useless in a fight. Plus they would be amazing spies and assassins and what not. And they have awesome memories plus all the other healing, strength, shards that come anyway. 

No doubt that wit bonded a cryptic

1 hour ago, Oltux72 said:

Why not an Elantrian then? Your spren will bind you to a solar system anyway. And you are master of your own decisions.

We disagree on how spren function, which is fine, but I stated that to explain why I say, to me, with a spren I am still the master of my own decisions. Elantrian is limited even on the planet of origin, and we do not know how hacking the system to get off planet fully effects an elantrian vs a radiant. The closest we have seen is the IRE with their investiture drink. So for myself, I like the power system, the extras I get, and the buddy blade lol. So I still say elsecaller. 

• 1 month later...

I would want to be a Nicroburst in modern Scadrial, I think it could be quite cushy

Or a Yolish Dragon

I would love to be a Knight Radiant (Lightweaver) but I don't know if I'd choose to go to the Last Desolation era Roshar. If in the future somewhere, it is peaceful then I'll definitely go there

A research assistant working for Khriss, living in Silverlight. You get to interact with people from all sorts of backgrounds and the benefits of as much gathered Cosmere-awareness as possible (aside from what's in Hoid and/or Frost and the Shards' heads) and a cool city with the benefits of about as much technology as you'll find anywhere. Give me the choice and I'll take that over powers any day.

• Chaos locked this topic