Trails of Cold Steel (and the Kiseki series in general)

Zurvanight

Collected the last 3&9 plus all other books. Phew this is going to take a few more sessions on top of the still ongoing dialogue round though I’m making a dent in that finally.

Im looking forward to the books.

Well there goes my dialogue/reading session…daughter finally wanted to take on Pom 6. Been at it for an hour and only taken out 3 of them. I hate AI cheating opponents. It’s moving way to rusting fast. She is super pissed and about to quit for the day.

ha yup she’s over it for today. Will try tomorrow so I can get that MQ.

Ah man reading the full black records puts things into place really well at this stage. I just don’t know what (CS4 Finale stuff)

Azoth is..an AI?

Edited by Briar King

Ok Coco Panda was dumb. Reminds me of the tomato story in earlier CS game. Just yawn.

The Toymaker story was kinda strange.

Chosen One was a fun one and unless it’s a fiction it would be cool to see the people in it make appearances.

Im on bk 2 of 3&9 now but the PS5 is off till atleast 4-5pm as I rest up after some allergy pill drowsiness. Was kinda surprised I turned it on after waking up to read what I did though.

Taking another break got through bk 6. 

My daughter got me the MQ Erba for completing Pom. I seriously hate this game! I wouldn’t be able to do it on my own. The AI moves to fast for me.

Ok I finished 3&9. Enjoyable but I’m lost on it. Do i know these people from CS? Not ringing any bells.

Edited by Briar King

Sad face all day. I made zero progress today as my brother from Houston is in and I had to go help at his mom’s house all day building a shed. Will be back again Saturday ugh…

Got on though for daily play and checked how many “new” tags are left on dialogue round. Just CS4 Finale stuff

Branch Campus and Alster left and both of those have quest I believe.

Gonna hit it early tomorrow if I can. This round has been insanely long.

Phew that only took me 3 weeks to get through that dialogue round… yikes

I found my way back to the tower thankfully. It was weird that it wasn’t showing up considering the game has taken me there before. 

I believe I have one more side quest to do then I can engage operation. Will have to read the guide good as it’s quite hectic for this portion to make sure I ain’t missing anything. And yeah I ll probably do a bit of droplet fishing before going to operation lol. It’s to addictive. But I shall try not to sink days doing so.

Yesterday I finished the last quest I will get on CS4 apparently. That just feels strange to say. Only thing left looks like is to trigger the operation.

I spent today just fishing for droplets having fun upping my stats one point at a time. It’s so much fun. I would love to watch videos of people that went overboard and got stats up 5-10K points just to see the damage numbers they can dish out.

When I got done fishing I decided to take a trip down memory lane as the end approaches and I loaded up CS1-3 to mess around and watch opening skits. I think 3 is still my favorite of those. This was a blast to do looking at old menus and playing around. I still really miss Luminious Ray in 3-4. Nord still remains as one of my favorite locations. The spinning battle menu of 1&2 is strange to go back to and I remember much frustration with it. I also was able to answer my question on if I missed out on hundreds of droplets in 3 not exchanging them and the answer is no! Phew this didn’t start till 4!

Will I start operation tomorrow or spend another day fishing? Idk

Commence operation!

CS4 Finale stuff

oh my there was a ton on the invasion skits! I finally got my 1st glimpse of the Liberal map. It’s bigger than I thought. Was able to see a bit of Remifera but so much was going on I missed out on the whole. LOTS of character pics that I have NO knowledge of appearing. I’m going to have to reload this portion so I can take it in better.

I do really dislike Calvard’s capital ships. They look like wooden bi planes. Their tanks are very awkward too but kinda neat I guess.

I think the final Xenoblade 3 dlc is imminent so i have pressure to finally blast through this epic treat of a series.

Edited by Briar King

Spoiler

Oh yeah, that scene is pretty huge. Updates on characters we haven't seen since the very first arc. Making a model for everyone just for a cameo would have been impossible but just getting this. It gives this finale such a sense of scale. 

It’s was really nice to see. As I said I’m definitely going to rewatch probably multiple times actually to see it all. It’s massive to take in.

CS4 Finale stuff

im pushing through the Salt Pales as fast as I can while still trying to get a bit of lvling done since some of the controlable peeps I’ve had are higher by a few levels and I don’t want to run into problems once I start facing the Pale bosses. Really cool to be able to control people for the 1st time. I wasn’t expecting to play the Stalritter ever….that one gal is always such a pain to fight against. Also Rose’s S craft is off the chain! I have 2 more groups to play through.

CS4 Finale stuff

oh man I’m not very impressed with the Stalritter now that I had control of them. I was getting spanked by the higher monsters of their Pale. I managed to pull through and gain a lvl after going back and reloading to the beginning of section but it was not fun at all. I’m worried about going back and fighting the big boy with them I won’t lie. 

Now Group E is mostly amazing with Aurelia, Victor and Misty! Love this group except for Toval who I’ve always been so meh on. Probably my least favorite supporting character.  I’m ready to go to the next section of Finale be it way later tonight or tomorrow.

Love being able to get droplet shinnies from breaking vases!

CS4 Finale stuff

those Pale bosses are cake… I thought I might get challenged and I didn’t but it sure was time consuming.

The events afterwards are epic as the C2 makes its way to the fortress. Airship battles reminding me a bit of Skies of Arcadia. 

So looks like it all comes down to this plus Revierve and everyone is lined up in typical CS fashion hero posing/speeches and it is….MOVING AS ALL RUST! I love it!

It’s possible I will play more tonight just because rather than waiting for 4pm session tomorrow.

I still need to rewatch the opening sequence. May in just a few minutes but i really need to move some of this dirt outside..

CS4 Finale stuff

so I rewatched the opening of operation last night and it was much better for me. I saw a dog profile…is that like a Red13 thing from FF7?

Pushing into the Fortress as I type!

Pretty rusting ticked off about now. I hate when a party member gets ko ed and loses x exp everyone else gets. Well I’ve now fought Claire and Lecture twice both times someone falls at the last second before I can get a revive in. Hoping this 3rd time does it. 

Edited by Briar King

Yay I can fish for droplets in here! Boo if doesn’t  look I have anyone to sell fish to in here for yet more of them.. that sucks.

Wow CS4 Finale stuff

they took EX orbs even further than attack 3 etc. Attack Omega etc and boy oh boy the final numbers are cray cray!

Edited by Briar King

CS4 Finale stuff

wow I woke up and turned the PS5 right away. Very rare these days but I just spanked Cedric and his toy bot plus Shirley(future Empress? Hmm maybe.) and I was really surprised I did it in one go with no one dying. Took 3 to get all passed Claire and Lecture but I decided since the skit was so long that if anyone died I wasn’t going to redo so they could have a few extra xp.

Back in the Garden taking a break and will fish for droplets when I get back on. Someone tell me I will get to sell my fish for more droplets at some point in here.

CS4 Finale stuff

Im hoping that this game doesn’t pull a CS3 and take away old C7 for the final fights. I’m saving up lots of droplets and I’d love to dope them up. I’ve used all my ore on new C7 in case that’s so. Hopefully at some point I can produce them like in CS3 so I can outfit all if I so choose. 

Today I took out Maribell(is she related to Elie?) and The Fool with ease. They let me know that McBurn is waiting in the Fortress too and that legit scares me. Such a beast.

Tomorrow I shall engage Rufus and Albreic along with the 5th Rivalry. That kind of scares me a bit to but I hope the game informs me before hand like the last one that my stats have improved yet again which was cool on top of the crazy increase from the Alpha/Omega orbs I inserted.

Will likely do that early in the morning again if possible in attempt to get done with this gem of a series. Ugh Jedi Survivor hits tomorrow and yes I will be getting and starting. That will not take near as long as XC3 so I ll do that 1st but I have serious doubts I ll be done with my snail pace before FF16 hits in June. Yikes!

Well, about Mariabell

Spoiler

She was Elie's best friend. You'll find out more about her in the Crossbell games but basically, she wasn't an anguis or even a villain when she was introduced.

Also hope you like what's next. McBurn's fight and scene is certainly an event. 

Edited by Eluvianii

CS4 Finale stuff

I vowed to come for Rufus and I came for Rufus and took back what’s mine. 

Nice world building from CS1 school house and the swords. It’s past Awakeners and they become vampires too. That’s crazy!

That fight was super rusting annoying for the fact that I had to use S Tabs and Curias like crazy and never before.

Next up the most terrifying opponent I think in all CS games I’ve played. McBurn sigh.

We ll see how this goes now that I have Jedi Survivor loaded up and dual playing.

Yeah I knew that was gonna happen…slow CS progress with Jedi Survivor here ugh.

I did push I tad into the new region but not triggering anything time consuming.

Zero is on sale on PS at 20% off. I’m still trying to wait on a good Switch sale but if a Big in Japan sale hits and they are 40-50% off PS is going to win out I’m sure.

CS4 Finale stuff

I just took out McBurn and it was the easiest battle with him yet. He was a chump in this one.

Where this battle shines is in the dialogue bit. So I take it that Zemuria isn’t a planet at all like I thought. It’s kinda a created flat earth pocket universe is what I’m going with. I find that fairly strange but whatever. Just keep turning these games out and go eastward and I ll be happy.