Trails of Cold Steel (and the Kiseki series in general)

Zurvanight

59 minutes ago, Briar King said:

Impossible. I’m out done before I can even start. 

Please tell me this person is perm going on cause I really doubt my skill/cards at present.

I think you'll still be able to challenge most people right before a very obvious point of no return. Same goes for Pom and fishing. 

5 minutes ago, Eluvianii said:

I think you'll still be able to challenge most people right before a very obvious point of no return. Same goes for Pom and fishing. 

I got her! I went through a deck rebuild with Sister as master with a few healers and fire archers with blaze. Knocked out every card she had and was able to club her with my fully placed and mostly buffed hand. It was intense. That was by far the toughest vantage opponent so far.

58 minutes ago, Briar King said:

I got her! I went through a deck rebuild with Sister as master with a few healers and fire archers with blaze. Knocked out every card she had and was able to club her with my fully placed and mostly buffed hand. It was intense. That was by far the toughest vantage opponent so far.

Congrats. There will be other difficult opponents but not many. After this most games feel like tutorials in comparison. 

9 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

By the way, beat chapter 5 last night. God damn that ending. I'm terrified, I'm nervous, I know bad things are coming.

Reveal hidden contents

I also spared Olympia. I didn't spare Gerard though ;)

(Kuro Chapter 5 ending)

Spoiler

Somehow, that change of plans doesn't surprise me. Olympia gets a lot more sympathetic when you hear her backstory and how she acts right before you're asked to make The Choice.

Oh yeah, I never guessed who you went with and since you ended up sparing all three I can't use that to narrow it down so I'm guessing... Ouroboros, for the novelty of it?

<gets popcorn ready for the next bit>

11 hours ago, Weltall said:

(Kuro Chapter 5 ending)

Hide contents

Somehow, that change of plans doesn't surprise me. Olympia gets a lot more sympathetic when you hear her backstory and how she acts right before you're asked to make The Choice.

Oh yeah, I never guessed who you went with and since you ended up sparing all three I can't use that to narrow it down so I'm guessing... Ouroboros, for the novelty of it?

<gets popcorn ready for the next bit>

Nope, that is not the one I chose. 

Spoiler

I chose Ikaruga, because Shizuna my beloved.

Dude I'm so ready for the next story bit. Everything is gonna go so horrendously wrong. I can just FEEL it in my bones. I'm almost done with the daytime segment of the finale. 

About to head to the final dungeon. A lot has happened.

Spoiler

Someone named C sent a message about the seventh Genesis. I imagine that's Epstein doing some weird stuff and having that message sent at the exact right time because dude probably knows everything that will happen.

I was fully expecting something to go wrong at Gramheart's speech, but surprisingly we went through without incident.

Harwood, Kasim, and Kincaid just chilling in Bermotti's bar was hilarious

The arena fight with Zin, Walter, Lucrezia, and Shizuna was very funny.

Shizuna cements her status as best girl just because of those CGs and for taking a selfie just because she wanted to take a ride

Time Sept-Terrion shenanigans are probably happening since everyone gets frozen in time, also GERARD AND THE REST ARE BACK ALRIGHT

That stupid circle hurt my child Renne and for that I murdered it and relished the kill greatly. How dare it. To a lesser extent, the stupid circle who also hurt my child Quatre.

God I was SO mad that nobody followed up on Nina's sus nonsense. GIVE ME ANSWERS DAMMIT!

And that's about all there is I wanted to note. ONWARDS TO THE FINAL DUNGEON

Edited by aneonfoxtribute

12 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

About to head to the final dungeon. A lot has happened.

Kuro Finale

Spoiler

- I have a different theory about who sent that message, though I don't have a mechanism for how they'd know about the Genesis, yet.

- I'm most disappointed that we never get to fight in that arena or see the Zin/Walter fight the OP shows (the two do fight in Darklight Town, but under other circumstances) so... next game hopefully.

- Shizuna's a lot of fun. Since you did Ikaruga as your Chapter 5 collaboration, did you notice a trend in her conversations during those events?

- Yeah, Calvard's Sept-Terrion being Time is just about guaranteed after the events of Finale. I'd been expecting Wind with the Church sitting on Time, but oh well.

- Oh yeah, Nina is Sus As Hell right now...

- Congrats on making it past the slog. I get what Falcom was trying to do there but dear god, that could have been condensed by a few districts... Anyhow, enjoy the final dungeon!

6 hours ago, Weltall said:

Kuro Finale

Hide contents

- I have a different theory about who sent that message, though I don't have a mechanism for how they'd know about the Genesis, yet.

- I'm most disappointed that we never get to fight in that arena or see the Zin/Walter fight the OP shows (the two do fight in Darklight Town, but under other circumstances) so... next game hopefully.

- Shizuna's a lot of fun. Since you did Ikaruga as your Chapter 5 collaboration, did you notice a trend in her conversations during those events?

- Yeah, Calvard's Sept-Terrion being Time is just about guaranteed after the events of Finale. I'd been expecting Wind with the Church sitting on Time, but oh well.

- Oh yeah, Nina is Sus As Hell right now...

- Congrats on making it past the slog. I get what Falcom was trying to do there but dear god, that could have been condensed by a few districts... Anyhow, enjoy the final dungeon!

Spoiler

I mean, I've considered that it could be Rufus. He is in Calvard. But I doubt it.

Yeah I was very much expecting that the whole game. But hey, not getting it keeps me on my toes. I don't think we see the scene of Agnes crying over Van's Orbment either.

I haven't noticed a trend, other than her being best girl.

I figured it was Time because it's literally Trails into Black.Black being Time's color

Anyway, I have now beaten the final boss! So that's pretty great. When the OP hits, I jam.

Congrats on beating the game and glad you've enjoyed it!

1 hour ago, aneonfoxtribute said:
  Hide contents

I mean, I've considered that it could be Rufus. He is in Calvard. But I doubt it.

Yeah I was very much expecting that the whole game. But hey, not getting it keeps me on my toes. I don't think we see the scene of Agnes crying over Van's Orbment either.

I haven't noticed a trend, other than her being best girl.

I figured it was Time because it's literally Trails into Black.Black being Time's color

Anyway, I have now beaten the final boss! So that's pretty great. When the OP hits, I jam.

Kuro Finale

Spoiler

- Agnes' crying is at the very end after Genesis Tower, not 1:1 with the opening movie but it's there.

- You might find the little side conversations that Shizuna and Kurogane have to be interesting. There's a running theme among them that seems suggestive.

- Kuro isn't literally 'Black' though it's a homophone and Van actually spends a lot of time talking about the distinction, but I dunno how well that comes across in the spreadsheet. There is some distinct wordplay though. If you convert the entire title to katakana (as the game actually does) you get 黎の軌跡>クロノキセキ>Chrono Kiseki. But it's really the time shenanigans during the ending that seals the deal.

And one other comment that involves Kuro II pre-release material.

Spoiler

- The Imperial Picnic Group is confirmed as appearing. Well, we've only seen Swin so far but where one goes the rest are pretty much guaranteed to follow. Hence I'm fairly certain who the 'C' was that sent that message, even if I couldn't tell you how he knows about the Genesis devices. Unless he poked around in Elysium's files while the camera wasn't on him during Reverie's finale.

Edited by Weltall

Spoiler

Yeah I knew C team was in Kuro 2, I saw that image. I'm not so sure it's Rufus though. It's possible but I do doubt it. 

Do you mean the stuff about Shizuna'a employee or something else?

That part about Van talking about the distinction isn't really translated, unless you mean when he's like "What I do isn't black or white, but somewhere in between" and stuff like that

26 minutes ago, aneonfoxtribute said:
  Hide contents

Yeah I knew C team was in Kuro 2, I saw that image. I'm not so sure it's Rufus though. It's possible but I do doubt it. 

Do you mean the stuff about Shizuna'a employee or something else?

That part about Van talking about the distinction isn't really translated, unless you mean when he's like "What I do isn't black or white, but somewhere in between" and stuff like that

Spoiler

- Those are the kind of lines, yeah. The 'in-between' is what 'Kuro' is all about. It also comes up in Grendel and and Vagrants-Zion's titles.

- With Shizuna it's something else I was thinking about. If you want, I can tell you or you can try and work it out. Up to you.

Just now, Weltall said:

Hide contents

- Those are the kind of lines, yeah. The 'in-between' is what 'Kuro' is all about. It also comes up in Grendel and and Vagrants-Zion's titles.

- With Shizuna it's something else I was thinking about. If you want, I can tell you or you can try and work it out. Up to you.

Yeah, I did of course notice that aspect

And yeah, tell me, I don't remember what they were talking about

1 hour ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

And yeah, tell me, I don't remember what they were talking about

Kuro Chapter 5

Spoiler

Shizuna and Kurogane have a couple of little side conversations where they talk about the Navagraha, the nine clans that once protected the rulers of the Holy Isuka Empire, noting at once point that Cao and the other Not!Chinese characters are descendants of one of the groups and recognizing Arioch as belonging to one of the others. In Finale, Shizuna expresses familiarity with the size of Isuka's old capital, despite the nation having collapsed a century before she was born. Throw in what Kurogane keeps calling her (and Barkhorn also does at one point) and the full name of her S-Craft and Falcom appears to be setting her up to be more important than she first appears (ie, more than 'just' a young Divine Blade and leader within a powerful group of warriors, with a very fancy sword). :D

15 minutes ago, Weltall said:

Kuro Chapter 5

Hide contents

Shizuna and Kurogane have a couple of little side conversations where they talk about the Navagraha, the nine clans that once protected the rulers of the Holy Isuka Empire, noting at once point that Cao and the other Not!Chinese characters are descendants of one of the groups and recognizing Arioch as belonging to one of the others. In Finale, Shizuna expresses familiarity with the size of Isuka's old capital, despite the nation having collapsed a century before she was born. Throw in what Kurogane keeps calling her (and Barkhorn also does at one point) and the full name of her S-Craft and Falcom appears to be setting her up to be more important than she first appears (ie, more than 'just' a young Divine Blade and leader within a powerful group of warriors, with a very fancy sword). :D

Ohhhh THAT'S what you meant. I see

• 2 weeks later...

Popping in 

CS4 Act 2 stuff

I just took on Alan’s zauber soldats and boy did they make me sweat! Also took on General C. and the Lt. Colonel. That was a long battle full of thelas casting but I hung out for 24 minutes for the extra AP on the 1st attempt.

Will continue on tomorrow.

59 minutes ago, Briar King said:

Popping in

CS4 Act 2 stuff

Hide contents

so I have a question: I just did a Kurt bond to see it and he got a sword. If I don’t stick with this bond as I’m doing the heart ones as the final choices am I going to me out some ultimate Kurt weapons?

No, you're fine. Ultimate weapons are exclusively made with Zemurian Ore. That's basically just a weapon skin.

1 hour ago, Briar King said:

Popping in

CS4 Act 2 stuff

Reveal hidden contents

so I have a question: I just did a Kurt bond to see it and he got a sword. If I don’t stick with this bond as I’m doing the heart ones as the final choices am I going to me out some ultimate Kurt weapons?

Spoiler

A skin that incidentally I think you get anyway? Only much later. Not entirely sure but I did see a few bond related skins start popping up at the end regardless of if I kept said events. 

Edited by Eluvianii
I'm stoopid

On 5/30/2022 at 3:28 PM, Eluvianii said:
  Reveal hidden contents

A skin that incidentally I think you get anyway? Only much later. Not entirely sure but I did see a few bond related skins start popping up at the end regardless of if I kept said events. 

Yeah, at least for Plot Events. There's an endgame scene involving a weapon skin that shows up for Plot Reasons even if you didn't do the bonding event to unlock it for at-will usage.

Popping in

CS4 gripe don’t need to tag this: so I was thinking to myself what you gain when you upgrade on trial chest and I took a pic to compare for afterwards. Result was not a dang thing other than a new name. Very disappointing. I ll do this again before the next one to see if it’s the same.

11 hours ago, Briar King said:

Popping in

CS4 gripe don’t need to tag this: so I was thinking to myself what you gain when you upgrade on trial chest and I took a pic to compare for afterwards. Result was not a dang thing other than a new name. Very disappointing. I ll do this again before the next one to see if it’s the same.

Huh? I'm fairly certain they do change something more than the name.