Trails of Cold Steel (and the Kiseki series in general)

Zurvanight

Thanks!

Ok, so I did go back. No need to fight the final boss again or anything, you can load straight into the epilogue. 

So, wow. There is always another secret, huh. 

Spoiler

Why did they hide this so well and how did people find it in the first place? And crap, she has a face. 

World ends in 3 years, huh. In that case Kuro gets us pretty darn close. So much that if there's really 3 arcs left, they'll need to happen within mere months of each other. 

It's not difficult to get the imagination going after hearing "Eternal Recurrence". Especially after Vita's words at the Infernal Castle. This isn't the first iteration for the Grandmaster is it? Is Zemuria growing in a lab? 

This scene did nothing to disprove the theory that Aidios is the Grandmaster, I'll be convinced before ever needing confirmation at this rate. 

How does Nayuta play into all of this? I need to play that. 

Welp, the wait for Hajimari just got a lot more unbearable. Thanks. 

1 minute ago, Eluvianii said:

Thanks!

Ok, so I did go back. No need to fight the final boss again or anything, you can load straight into the epilogue. 

Hide contents

Why did they hide this so well and how did people find it in the first place? And crap, she has a face. 

World ends in 3 years, huh. In that case Kuro gets us pretty darn close. So much that if there's really 3 arcs left, they'll need to happen within mere months of each other. 

It's not difficult to get the imagination going after hearing "Eternal Recurrence". Especially after Vita's words at the Infernal Castle. This isn't the first iteration for the Grandmaster is it? Is Zemuria growing in a lab? 

This scene did nothing to disprove the theory that Aidios is the Grandmaster, I'll be convinced before ever needing confirmation at this rate. 

I don't think this was supposed to be hidden like that. I think it was a glitch that they never fixed. I could be wrong though. On the topic of Nayuta,

Spoiler

the Grandmaster seems to actually be a Nayuta character. She looks exactly like Creha Rem Ordin. 

24 minutes ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

I don't think this was supposed to be hidden like that. I think it was a glitch that they never fixed. I could be wrong though. On the topic of Nayuta,

Hide contents

the Grandmaster seems to actually be a Nayuta character. She looks exactly like Creha Rem Ordin. 

Spoiler

Wait for a sudden Nayuta 2 where they go full multiverse.

I officially don't know what to expect from the ending now. 

2 hours ago, Eluvianii said:

Thanks!

Reveal hidden contents

CS4

Spoiler

I doubt the Grandmaster is Aidios. The Ouroboros higher ups of Loewe, Weissman, Arianrhod, and Vita refer to Aidios in reverential ways that wouldn't make sense if they knew that she was the grandmaster. From SC we know that Weissman had met the Grandmaster in person so it seems likely that the other Ouroboros higher ups knew her as well.

Loewe: Yes. The sword granted to me by the Grandmaster.

Loewe: I will pray for her safety, if it would not offend you.

Loewe said this after he had turned against Ouroboros. If he had received a sword from the Grandmaster personally and thus knew who she was, and was now fighting against her plans, it makes no sense to pray.

I was something of an academic priest. A chance meeting with the Grandmaster led to me discarding the path of faith.

Arianrhod: May their souls find their way to Aidios.

Arianrhod: May we meet again... if the Goddess wills it.

Clotilde: The Goddess was on your side after all, hmm?

1 hour ago, Val the Moofia Boss said:
Spoiler

Loewe said this after he had turned against Ouroboros. If he had received a sword from the Grandmaster personally and thus knew who she was, and was now fighting against her plans, it makes no sense to pray.

Wait now just hold on a minute, when did THIS happen?! 

Spoiler

Loewe never turned on Ouroboros?

47 minutes ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Wait now just hold on a minute, when did THIS happen?! 

Reveal hidden contents

Loewe never turned on Ouroboros?

Spoiler

After Loewe's defeat atop Axis power, he begins blabbing to the protagonists all about the Gospels and the Aureole. Joshua asks him to help them fight against Weissman and prevent the Aureole from being used, and Loewe gives a teasing answer that makes Joshua laugh. That's when Weissman shows up and zaps him.

Popping in

Omfg I’m wiped! Just spent 43:54 on a fight. I couldn’t stay on my feet with full party for a good majority of this thing, it was so frustratingly cray cray. I pulled it off finally after getting one of the two opponents down but that was hard indeed and depleted a lot of my item stock. Need a break for the 2nd phase so into rest mode the PS5 went lol. Will do that in a bit for sure.

I return, and I bring Kuro II goodness from this morning's livestream. (spoilers for the first game should be fairly obvious)

Spoiler

- The mystery figure that transforms into Red Grendel has their own version of Mare and prior to transforming they can be seen holding the eighth and final Genesis.

- Elaine mirrors Agnes' first meeting with Van right down to the way the camera cuts. Nice touch.

- S-Craft cutins have returned (using the ingame engine rather than separate art), Field Battle looks smoother and now has a form of Arts casting, Command Battle has a new EX Chain mechanic.

- Celis is confirmed as a combat character, whether she's fighting with us or against us is unrevealed.

- A pair of new characters are introduced in the form of creepy twins who are probably associated in some way with D.G. (the thing behind them has a design that resembles cult markings) and Renne is confronting them in a second image.

- Swin returns with a new outfit and seems to be in the Langport region. Nadia can't be far behind. Not too surprising given that 'C' sent Van a warning at the end of the last game and if we see more of Garden in the game it would make sense to bring back the members that got away.

- Agnes is seen in an unknown location in one shot and Elaine is seen in Centre Marche (a ward within Edith that's mentioned but not seen in the first game) in another. Wouldn't surprise me if we get progressive opening up of new wards each Chapter the same way the first game did.

- As mentioned earlier in interviews, fishing is back with new mechanics that seem a bit closer to Ys VIII, with the left stick altering the angle of the rod and Circle pulling back on it.

And the teaser video:

I'm midway through chapter 1 of Kuro and my monkey brain neurons have activated.

Spoiler

Walter's back baby! I was surprised when his introduction had nothing to with Zin, instead it was just him literally strolling into Van's room. Also I love how Van knows, like, everyone and has even taken requests from Ouroboros members before. And then he's just chilling in the inn after the scene and you can just chat with him, like that isn't Enforcer god damn VIII.

Edited by aneonfoxtribute

1 hour ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

JESUS CHRIST

Yeah... you remember how in Kuro's Prologue

Spoiler

They introduced Giacomo with the whole Name/VA display they do for major characters, and about an hour later he's a corpse with a slashed throat?

Falcom would like to assure you that wasn't a once-just-to-shock-you thing and the rest of the game will be entirely Business As Usual.

36 minutes ago, Weltall said:

Yeah... you remember how in Kuro's Prologue

Hide contents

They introduced Giacomo with the whole Name/VA display they do for major characters, and about an hour later he's a corpse with a slashed throat?

Falcom would like to assure you that wasn't a once-just-to-shock-you thing and the rest of the game will be entirely Business As Usual.

Yeah, Prologue and Chapter 1 it didn't really sink in. 

Spoiler

Prologue was just one dude, and Chapter 1 was a bunch of already dead people (though Van killing one of them himself was very raw and definitely a shakeup). But this actual bloodbath of NPCs and friends of a main character is unprecedented. The last time this happened was Azure with the ILF slaughter, and that was a bunch of faceless mooks, only one of which was relevant in retrospect. We didn't have reason to care with them