Trails of Cold Steel (and the Kiseki series in general)

Zurvanight

Well I didn’t really know what was happening.

I just assumed that Roaring Lion was a nugget of one of the other games I’ve not played. I remember Gaius talking about priest in 1 but it’s been awhile since then and I didn’t really pay much attention to him during it

So mostly I was just like: ok

Hopefully it’s expanded upon later.

Oh right also something to note. I don't know if I've said this yet or not but this game does something absolutely baffling. It hides plot behind New Game+. There is a scene at the very end of the game in New Game+ that gives REQUIRED INFORMATION for future games. It is so dumb and baffling and I don't understand why they did it. I'll give you a link after you beat the game

Ummm yea I got utterly rusting stomped on 3rd Stratum end. Honestly don’t even know how I’m going to pass this bit. Hopefully I don’t have to weaken. I’m just ready to move on to next game. *sigh I guess I have to try and grind a bit more but it’s getting hard to hit next lvl now. Just hit 130 with main group.

I will feel so cheap if I have to take that weaken route here. Haven’t had to yet this game but this is probably the biggest test here....

Go in with protection against Burning or better yet, as much of your team as possible loaded up with an all-immunity effect like a Grail Locket because that will counter his Deathblow and special status condition as well. Once you don't have to worry about that, he's a lot easier to handle. He's supposed to be tough but literally no fight in this series requires you to use the Retry Offset option... when it even is an option because it sometimes gets disabled on high difficulties.

Edited by Weltall

If you want to cheese the game, just equip stack as much delay on Rean, Fie, and Gaius (the quartz are: impede 1, impede 2, and Zeus gem). Then spam their delay crafts: Arc Slash, Bullet Cyclone, and Savage Fang. This will delay the enemy's turn for as long as possible, giving you more turns to recover between attacks. Also remember to cast buffs twice, like Chrono Drive for 50% speed increase on your team, giving you even more turns.

Edited by Val the Moofia Boss

I just couldn’t take it anymore. I wasn’t going to just grind another few lvls for a few hours when at only a few hundred pts each battle now. I was getting beat down so much and I just want to be done with this game so I broke down...weaken option it is..ugh 4 times. FOUR TIMES!

Im at a pause point in game now before next rounds start. It’s almost ambien time so I must not go into this fuzzy headed. I will wait for tomorrow and finish the battles and prepare myself for the hours of story still left after.

I really hope I can make it once without weaken option. I’m 2 out of 4 games now. Was sooo close but that was impossible for my style of play at 131 apparently.

It was groovy. CS2 finale stuff

Called it Osborne wasn’t dead and was Rean’s father who I also think is a descendant of Emperor D. I thought Crow may be Rean’s brother though.. not convinced he is dead either but so be it if he is.

So I’m in Crossbell in control of some cop and the Opera singer whose name I recognize from the Vice Principal’s fan crush sessions from 1&2.

Just now, Briar King said:

It was groovy. CS2 finale stuff

Hide contents

Called it Osborne wasn’t dead and was Rean’s father who I also think is a descendant of Emperor D. I thought Crow may be Rean’s brother though.. not convinced he is dead either but so be it if he is.

So I’m in Crossbell in control of some cop and the Opera singer whose name I recognize from the Vice Principal’s fan crush sessions from 1&2.

Spoiler

Fun fact, we actually already knew that Osborne was alive coming into this game because Azure actually tells us he is. But Osborne isn't a descendant of Driechels. He was a commoner, whereas Driechels' descendants are the Arnor family, the current crown.

Those two are Lloyd and Rixia. Lloyd is the Crossbell protagonist and Rixia is one of the party members in Azure. Rixia isn't an opera singer, she's a dancer/stage performer.

Yes, you definitely would have, as well as extra geeking out over just plain seeing several characters and bits of Crossbell in 3d.

Oh yeah, so Ys IX is officially out today. Still waiting for my LE to arrive and I seem to be in that group that didn't get theirs a day or two early but also didn't get an email warning of delays, so hopefully it'll find its way to my doorstep soon. Right now I'm enjoying the reactions of people who have already started playing. And Sorcerian Advance should hit the eshop tomorrow.