Trails of Cold Steel (and the Kiseki series in general)

Zurvanight

Beat the lvl 105 Cryptid. My son is here hogging the PS4 now though so no more play most likely today. This dialogue round has taken hours and I’m still not done. Only one more place for it though. Phew.

My main peeps are lvled up from 108 to 104 and I know I need much higher then that for my play style to just bull through all the remaining cryptid and Knights.

I’m so ready to jump into CS3 already.

Right on I just got Pandora to lvl 5 and it finally increased the spell areas! I was worried this game planned on skipping that part. Oh Emma is going to be on fire now with the 100% extra damage to.

I dealt out over 80K damage with Laura motivated on a 200CP Radiant Lion hit on that 2nd Cryptid not to long ago. I played while my son ate. Now for sure my night has ended as he is dug back into GTA 5. Ugh!

4 hours ago, Briar King said:

HOW DO YOU GET BACK TO TRIAL CHEST ON TWIN DRAGON BRIDGE?

You... just walk right to it. It's located in the underpass leading to Garrelia Byroad and can be accessed from either the bridge side or by using the fast travel point at Terra Shrine and working backwards which will eventually lead you to exactly where the chest is.

Edited by Weltall

You don't need to go on the tracks that you followed during Act I; the chest is in part of the map that you aren't prevented from accessing, on the nicely paved road.

EDIT: I just loaded up an old save from the same part of the game you're in and can confirm that the chest is accessible then and there isn't some kind of 'You can't go to the Bridge at all' plot-based lockout at that time. You're simply looking in the wrong place.

Edited by Weltall

I ll have to go back on guide to look. I’ve gotten all the ones I see in area so maybe I got that one. I know I skipped two of them pre hurricanes in August so I may just be fried.

So I entered into the final bit of CS2 Act 2 stuff

the shrines as I beat the final Cryptid today. Vita’s bird just destroys me at present. I will not start the weaken option so it’s been grind grind grind time before I start back up. It’s lvl 113. I have most of my main peeps at 116. Phew it’s a beast.

Yep ok it looks like I did get it after all going back. It was giving me fits as I remember going into a duct and walking on tracks and not being able to do so anymore. All gravy now.

So I just beat that encounter of 4th shrine after the 3rd attempt. What a slugfest. I have PS on rest mode at the exp screen. I will edit in battle time when I go back in RV.

21:20 yikes

Edited by Briar King

Dear me I’ve pressed on far more then I typically do in a day.

CS2 Act 2 stuff

im in Trista assaulting the noble students. I’m on rest mode at the experience page and will press on shortly. I may finish and start CS3 tonight if the ending of 2 doesn’t press on for hours like 1. We shall see

CS2 Finale stuff

my goodness the dialogue round between Trista and Academy....phew yeah that ended my night but I also sat there and read Gambler Jack series. These books suck. So boring I began to skim them. Thankfully none of them where as long as  Red Moon chapters of 1.

So questions here. I’m doing my chosen partner. Is this going to carry over to 3? I’m going with Emma probably but Laura is so tempting me if this does carry over just so I can experience her fan clubs man hate next time I go to Legram.

I really need to know if it carries over asap.

Yeah okkkkk it sure is going to take me quite a bit still. I have so much dialogue rounds to do. I’m just pumping the brakes and going back to do some battles instead. I did more then enough talking/reading yesterday and I ain’t messing with it this session.

Also more then a bit pissed off at CS2 Finale stuff

Alisa is the only kiss I guess. Laura and Emma just hug Rean. Rather boring.

On 1/20/2021 at 3:27 PM, Briar King said:

Yeah okkkkk it sure is going to take me quite a bit still. I have so much dialogue rounds to do. I’m just pumping the brakes and going back to do some battles instead. I did more then enough talking/reading yesterday and I ain’t messing with it this session.

Also more then a bit pissed off at CS2 Finale stuff

Reveal hidden contents

Alisa is the only kiss I guess. Laura and Emma just hug Rean. Rather boring.

I think it fits their characters and their relationship honestly. It's like Nagisa and Tomoyo from Clannad. Tomoya and Tomoyo making out one million times makes sense given their chemistry. Tomoya and Nagisa, on the other hand, don't really do that, but that doesn't make their relationship with each other any less valid.

Alisa comes across as being a typical schoolgirl, so the kiss makes sense. Laura and Emma aren't really that.

Re: ingame books

IMO Red Moon Rose was the only ingame book I liked.

Carnelia was okay. It helps that it's relatively short.

Gambler Jack and Back Alley Dr. Glenn were boring.

Haven't gotten around to The Doll Knight and 3 & 9 yet.

EDIT: Just remembered that there is a sequel to Gambler Jack, I think. Maybe I'll read it. Might need to reread Gambler Jack. It's been so long I can hardly remember what happened.

Edited by Val the Moofia Boss

Phew I got the latest dialogue round complete. That one felt like a real doozy for me since I chipped away at it for 3 sessions and it had numerous extra in-depth drawn out end game convos. Now I’m back into actual action as of about 50 minutes ago. 

There was a lot going on in here that deserves mention but I don’t feel like typing at present so I ll just say: What? Hmm. Interesting. Okay. Cool.

On books, The Saint and the White Wolf from Zero is short and well worth reading.

18 minutes ago, Briar King said:

Phew I got the latest dialogue round complete.

Have you done the quests yet, or just run around looking for dialogue? Because there's something coming up which benefits greatly from party composition and it's not obvious going in. Check under the tag if you're interested.

Spoiler

There's a hidden quest in Finale and it is highly recommended that you bring both Gaius and Sara along for it.

Oh, unrelated to the Kiseki series but relevant to Falcom, the company gave G-Mode the license to release a mobile port/quasi-remake of the late 80's game Sorcerian in 2007. G-Mode is now releasing a Switch port of that game (dubbed Advanced Sorcerian) on 2/4, for 500 yen. For people who don't know the series (which I'm guessing is everyone) think Dungeons and Dragons modules if they were presented as side-scrolling games. It'll include twenty-five scenarios in total, taken from the classic set (one of the classic fifteen being replaced with an original scenario) plus the Sorcerian and Pyramid expansions. I'll definitely be giving it a go and see how it stacks up to the original.

Edited by Weltall