Hello to me

OutOfBreath

Hi my good folks!

New to this forum, obviously. About me: middleaged man from Norway who last year discovered Brandon Sanderson through reading Mistborn and being blown away by it. It`s been a long time since last I got that immersed into fiction. I then went on an allout Sanderson binge, and now I`m here. :)

Credentials: I have read Mistborn era 1+2, Stormlight Archive 1-3, Elantris, Warbreaker and the Arcanum collection of stories. So I think I`m up-to-date cosmere-wise.

Be seeing you all in threads here and there. :) 

Hello! Welcome to the Shard! We have an exclusive book you can get here, if you want to read it. It's called Aether of Night and is cosmere, though not released (and as such, unpolished. Still good though!). If you want to request access to the copy, there's a Manuscript Request thread at the bottom of the Cosmere section of the main page. Now that the Aether plug is over, I have two questions. 1, who's your favorite character? and 2, do you plan to/have you already listened to the reading from Stormlight 4 yet?

Hello! This site has probably anything you're looking for! Are you looking to dive into the lore and speculations theories about the planets/magics? or are you more of a Role-player? Or do you prefer fanfics? We have stuff for all of it.

If you're interested in role-playing, might I recommend the alleyverse, or my personal favorite, Sanderson Elimination! It's a subforum dedicated to playing deception games similar to the popular party game Mafia or Werewolf!

Thank you all. :)

Invocation: thanks for the tip. I might sign up for that. :) Right now Im actually reading the reckoner books for light reading.

As for the other questions:

Favorite character overall is probably Vin. It is refreshing to read fantasy genre books with actual "strong female leads" like that. WoK Kaladin another favorite personally, as a great depiction of depression. And of course Hoid-spotting is always fun, but the mystery around him is probably more the attraction than the actual character tbh.

As for prereadings, I prefer avoiding spoilers and read it all when it's out there.

So, how's the age differential around here? Am I an old fart while pushing 40 round here? :)

1 hour ago, OutOfBreath said:

So, how's the age differential around here? Am I an old fart while pushing 40 round here? :)

It’s refreshing to met someone older than myself around here! :P At 27 I find myself on the upper end of the typical age but there’s plenty of older folk lurking about here, welcome!