Cadmium and Bendalloy

Elsecaller_17.5

The biggest disadvantage of Cadmium is that you slow down too. It’s been said in the books that burning both in the same area cancel them both out. So does it cancel both entire bubbles or just where they overlap? If the latter could Marasi and Wayne stand together and both burn (and since a cadmium bubble is larger) create an area of normal space surrounded by slowed time? 

Edited by Truthwatcher_17.5

36 minutes ago, Truthwatcher_17.5 said:

could Marci* and Wayne stand together and both burn (and since a cadmium bubble is larger) create an area of normal space surrounded by slowed time? 

*(Marasi is how it's spelled (I think))

That's how I've always thought it would work. Which would actually make them quite a handy duo.

According to Brandon, this should be possible:

zas678's sister

So it said in the book that if Marasi and Wayne had it on at the same time-- Would it cancel it out all the way, or would it just cancel out where both of the bubbles were?

Brandon Sanderson

Where both of the bubbles were.

zas678's sister

So it would be like a--

Brandon Sanderson

You could make a bubble in a bubble, yes. Third book of...[Era 2]...will have a moment where they try to do a time bubble in motion.

Holiday signing (Dec. 12, 2015)

But if you had two people with the same power (Cadmium and Cadmium) how would they interfere?

Could there be additive time speed(diagram 1) and multiplicative time speed(diagram 2)? (diagram 2 being where one person activates then the second one does inside the first one)

(●)Person and their bubble
i: Zone of interference

Diagram 1: ((i))

Diagram 2: ((i))

Edited by Emotional Learner

26 minutes ago, Emotional Learner said:

But if you had two people with the same power (Cadmium and Cadmium) how would they interfere?

It nests and they amplify.

Questioner (paraphrased)

What happens if you create a time bubble in a time bubble?

Brandon Sanderson (paraphrased)

Lots of people are theorizing about that. The time bubble would not collapse, I’ll answer that much.

Zas (paraphrased)

I think that you said at the Alloy release that it was mul—de...

Multiplicitive?

Zas (paraphrased)

Yeah. 

I may have given an answer to that or not. I’m not going to say anything about that. Time travel and find out.

Footnote: Stacked/overlapping time bubbles are multiplicative.
West Jordan signing (Dec. 15, 2011)

• Chaos locked this topic