Quick Aluminum Allomancy Question

Kramerfarve

Saw a post in 

that interested me.

It was talking about how crazy it would be if you could target the effects you wanted to negate with aluminum. One vein of questioning away, I want to know if Aluminum could be alloyed with other allomantically active metals to destroy just that reserve? Thx

Edited by Kramerfarve
I hate typos

Aluminum Savantism is very difficult to attain and Brandon's current thinking for what it would do if you could reach that point is something different:

Douglas

What benefit does an aluminum savant get? Yes, I know this would normally never happen because aluminum burns itself up. Suppose a mad scientist with a willing Mistborn test subject shoved a feeding tube down the Mistborn's throat to pump in a continuous stream of aluminum, replenishing it steadily so there's always a new unburned supply. Add another tube to pump out excess water if necessary. What would he discover? Alternatively, what would Sazed with his Shard-granted knowledge know?

Brandon Sanderson

Ha, that IS a little silly of a method. However, on the extreme end of aluminum, I have in the notes the possibility of cleansing the spirit of unwanted effects of other Investitures. You'd get really good at this, and maybe even be able to cleanse the body of other impurities.

17th Shard Forum Q&A (Sept. 27, 2012)

@Kramerfarve The only metal that can be alloyed and 'targeted' in the manner you're thinking is lerasium, which can be alloyed with the sixteen basic metals and burned allomantically to make the user a super-powerful misting of that metal, instead of a mistborn. We don't know what relationship lerasium alloys have to the base metal powers in feruchemy or hemalurgy, if any. We don't know enough about atium alloys to determine if those result in predictable allomantic powers based on the base metal, but since we're told they all have temporal or mental effects they're unlikely to be as clear-cut as lerasium alloys. Same caveat for atium alloys in feruchemy/hemalurgy as lerasium since we have no clue what any godmetal alloys do in those systems right now.

Edited by Weltall

• Chaos locked this topic