Crackpot theory on tlr's death.

Friendshipspren

Ok , so like I think we can all agree that a fullborn is the most dangerous and unbeatable creature in the Cosmere , short of a full shard. 

Yet tlr died so easily. I mean yeah he was basically relying too much on nicrosil for allomancy and he wasn't expecting Vin to be fueled by Pure preservation itself but still , isn't it a bit strange ? Isn't it wierd how easily he was killed by a somewhat headstrong and stupid teenager of all ppl ?? Wasn't he a little unlucky ?

I think the reason tlr died so easily was cause he used up a lot of fortune.

OK , MY ENTIRE THOEORY HINGES ON THIS but Like maybe there's a limit for fortune u can use in ur favour.

A feruchemist storing or tapping fortune is basically a zero sum game , but a fullborn could easily exhaust his spiretweb's reserve of fortune . I'm pretty fortune works rather differently than any other attribute. Hell , if a fullborn had access to unlimited fortune , there wouldn't be a contest at all. I'm pretty sure fortune is more limited tho , maybe all spiritual qualities are. 

So back to my theory .Maybe he used fortune excessively during his early reign , Maybe that's how the ppl who flayed , beheaded , burned him , didn't think of removing his metals , even tho knowledge of feruchemy was more common then. Then however the negative effects hit . 

Would also explain how almost everything he did later on , ended up making things worse , even tho in many cases he had good intentions . Also would explain why he was so depressed. Maybe he was out of fortune and thus , the chemicals in his brain stopped producing the harmones to make him happy. I mean that is what depression is , a fault in the production of mood enhancing harmones by bad luck. It's genetic but some chance is involved and thus , he used up his fortune and became depressed due to being unlucky and became even more vulnerable to Ruin.

Also I don't think u can cute depression by being Rioted.

Could also how vin's earring came loose when tlr slammed into a wall or something. It wasn't pushed or pulled out , mind u, it came out as a result of her being thrown by tlr and it never did that before , not when she was fighting with Inquisitors or training . It didn't fall away during the battle at luthadel against the Koloss or against the Inquisitors and she was pretty beat up by the Inquisitors mind u .   What are the odds of that happening at exactly that moment ,eh ???  . Also maybe just maybe that's how he had a confrontation with vin. I mean look at the odds . Vin stupidly decided to attack tlr , gets captured , gets freed by Sazed even tho he was a terrisman and the Inquisitors atleast should have suspected him of being a feruchemist and removed his metals , then they both nearly get killed but Elend saves them and elend himself is alive cause kelsier saved him ( sure he did it for Vin but I'm pretty sure there could be other factors at work ) and he came to help him cause Vin spares the guards and they just happen to run into Elend. Then she stupidly attacks tlr again , Marsh gets an opportunity to kill a dozen Inquisitors easily , Vin just happens to guess that tlr is actually Rashek not alendi ( I mean I love Vin but she's not exactly the brightest sphere in the mix and it's strange that she would think of things like that while she's literally being crushed by tlr ) , she mini-ascends or something , even tho leras was still alive and ruin being still imprisoned couldn't weaken leras  , then the bracers fall out of his reach cause Vin still has some steel left  , then Sazed arrives and ok , tlr would have died anyway but still isn't it unlucky how he was killed with a common spear rarther than dying in a somewhat less humiliating way due to accelerated aging . 

So that's my theory, that tlr used up too much fortune and became unlucky , somehow managed anyway for a few centuries then fell to a common spear by a no of small unlucky events 

Hey, please don't post the same thread in multiple forums. Thanks!

4 hours ago, PrinceGenocide said:

I mean yeah he was basically relying too much on nicrosil for allomancy

TLR didn't die from relying on nicrosil. He died because he'd been compounding atium for a thousand years, and when Vin pushed his atiumminds away, those years caught up to him.

A feruchemist storing or tapping fortune is basically a zero sum game , but a fullborn could easily exhaust his spiretweb's reserve of fortune . I'm pretty fortune works rather differently than any other attribute. Hell , if a fullborn had access to unlimited fortune , there wouldn't be a contest at all. I'm pretty sure fortune is more limited tho , maybe all spiritual qualities are. 

A Fullborn can compound Fortune just like any other attribute. So he would never run out of Fortune, just like he'd never run out of speed or strength or healing. We haven't seen any evidence that points to the Spiritual attributes not being compoundable.

Could also how vin's earring came loose when tlr slammed into a wall or something. It wasn't pushed or pulled out , mind u, it came out as a result of her being thrown by tlr and it never did that before

Actually, it was Pushed out.

She Pulled on one of the Lord Ruler’s own bracelets, ones that didn’t pierce his skin. He immediately whipped his arm upward, throwing off her Pull, making her spin maladroitly in the air. He slammed her with another of his powerful Pushes, blasting her backward. Metals in her stomach wrenched, glass quivered, and her mother’s earring ripped free of her ear.

Sorry, I don't think your theory holds water here.

A much more basic problem for this theory is that compounding Fortune would require chromium, and the metal was unknown or unavailable to the Final Empire. Even if Rashek knew about it, as he likely did, that doesn't mean he knew the advanced metallurgic refining techniques necessary to obtain it - or perhaps more accurately, didn't want to allow the technology that would make chromium and its Metallic Arts alloy of nicrosil available, as he actively worked to suppress the advance of technology (somewhere is a WoB that gunpowder and steam engines were known to Scadrial before his Ascension, that he destroyed and suppressed the technology, and for his entire reign, watched for people getting too inventive and killing them immediately).

• Chaos locked this topic