5 hours ago, Mauve Crocodile said:

There is almost certainly at least one neutral role in the game - the Forger is likely neutral, given that what they do is illegal in the source material. There may be more beyond that, as well.

If Indigo Weasel comes online soon, I'd like to hear from them.

Eh, I'm not so sure about the Forger being neutral.  The Heritage Faction used Forgers to create works of art and stuff. 

29 minutes ago, Cream Tuatara said:

And it begins!

That's actually quite interesting. I had assumed from the green and red for Heritage and Glory that we were looking at normal village v eliminators, but it actually says nothing about the Glory faction being eliminators with a 'night' kill either. And like you say, the wording seems to suggest multiple factions. I suppose, what's the point of a blackout game if there aren't interesting secrets?

As we wait for the west coast to wake up, I'll let my vote rest on Fuchsia Ostrich.

I think you forgot to colour your vote.

Mweh. I must go, my people need me!

I agree with Coral Swan and Ivory Dragonfly and Mauve Crocodile. Blackout rules and suspiciously-phrased wincons look to me like there might be third factions or more or maybe sstretching it a bit to say 'third faction' maybe its just a lone wolf with a separate special wincon

Coral Swan, Black Swan we know what the known unknowns are but what about the unknown unknowns

I like my picture I am pretty birb

Edited by Amber Vulture
forgot crocoD

17 minutes ago, Amber Vulture said:

Mweh. I must go, my people need me!

I agree with Coral Swan and Ivory Dragonfly and Mauve Crocodile. Blackout rules and suspiciously-phrased wincons look to me like there might be third factions or more or maybe sstretching it a bit to say 'third faction' maybe its just a lone wolf with a separate special wincon

Coral Swan, Black Swan we know what the known unknowns are but what about the unknown unknowns

I like my picture I am pretty birb

Birds are definitely very nice and I agree that we are very pretty birbs.  Also, I think that that a third faction would probably be small, given the number of players.

Hello everyone! Sorry I'm late!

Hmm, good catch Dragonfly. The public rules do seem like they are possibly trying to mislead us.

5 hours ago, Amber Vulture said:

Idk how many factions there would be though, as anyone in a non-public faction would immediately understand the nature of the game, where the people in the two public ones would have to figure it out. It would make more sense to me if there was a third "neutral" faction (like some people have already mentioned) which would win/lose independently of the other 2. It's also possible that instead of a third neutral faction, there are many neutral roles, each having abilities that would affect the other two factions.

I don't feel like it will just be a single lone wolf though. As the wording of the public wincons are:

The Heritage Faction: A new threat has arisen against the Heritage Faction’s hold on the Rose Empire. The leaders must unite and remain strong if they wish to keep their hold of the empire. To win, eliminate all threats against your faction.

The Glory Faction: The Heritage Faction has been in power for far too long. It is finally time to carry out years of planning. It’s time to bring down their reign. To win, eliminate anything that threatens to thwart your plans.

Emphasis mine.
It would seem to me that both groups likely have more things threatening them than just each other. A single neutral could do this, but it would imo, make more sense to have 3/4 neutrals instead.

My picture is cute... But not as cute as my last one. ; )

10 minutes ago, Indigo Weasel said:

Idk how many factions there would be though, as anyone in a non-public faction would immediately understand the nature of the game, where the people in the two public ones would have to figure it out. It would make more sense to me if there was a third "neutral" faction (like some people have already mentioned) which would win/lose independently of the other 2. It's also possible that instead of a third neutral faction, there are many neutral roles, each having abilities that would affect the other two factions.

If the two public factions need to eliminate one or more players in order to win, those players are automatically a third faction regardless of quantity. True neutrals should be able to win with a public faction. Secret lose conditions(e.g. three Arbiters have died, so the Anarchist(s) win and everybody else loses, tend to at least have some forewarning, e.g. the arbiters know somebody is after them.

5 hours ago, Azure Mouse said:

The premise of this game seems very political, with all of the factions and all. What if there is a way to convert players using influence? It would match the vibe I’m getting from the Glory Faction’s push for dominance.

That is a possibility, and it is slightly backed by this quote:

The leaders must unite and remain strong if they wish to keep their hold of the empire.

Well, I don't think we'll know how many factions there are until at least next cycle, once the ball starts rolling. I'm a bit excited to see what roles might be in here.

Also, Magenta Albatross. Do you have any predictions about roles or distribution?

Edited by Azure Mouse

Hey guys! Sorry for the lack of posting, for some reason I thought this game started tomorrow, and I missed the pm. 

2 hours ago, Azure Mouse said:

Also, Magenta Albatross. Do you have any predictions about roles or distribution?

Nope, I have no idea! Maybe there’s 3 elims, 2 Neutral and the rest Village? I honestly have no idea.

Birbs everywhere all over the thread i see

Anyways deilicious more classical elim/village format so potentially several loanwolves with conditions i git corrected or flap correctd tq indigo weasle

Vhich leaves wrigglyworm room for winconsbut im fine with that for now

Sseeming classical format all we work with can

For now

So, I'm not following the reasons for all the votes currently being thrown around? They seem almost random to me.

Since it seems like the 'blackout' format means there are some secrets, so based on the book maybe there's an independent MaiPon faction? Though I can't imagine what they would need to do to win in game-terms. Maybe have one or the other faction win with their support somehow so thatt hey are in a position to increase the independence of their home, maybe?

6 minutes ago, Melon Dingo said:

So, I'm not following the reasons for all the votes currently being thrown around? They seem almost random to me.

They're nearly all votes on inactives who haven't come online at this stage - the theory is it discourages people trying to hide by not posting. That said, I'll probably move my vote before rollover because inactive votes are rarely useful in providing information.

As for an independent MaiPon faction, that's definitely possible. I'm think it's more likely that there's an independent Neutral or two at this stage, however, simply because I don't think there's enough players for an entire hidden faction.

3 hours ago, Melon Dingo said:

Since it seems like the 'blackout' format means there are some secrets, so based on the book maybe there's an independent MaiPon faction? Though I can't imagine what they would need to do to win in game-terms. Maybe have one or the other faction win with their support somehow so thatt hey are in a position to increase the independence of their home, maybe?

Elandera said that this was a classical village/eliminator game, so I do not think that there is an independent faction.

Guys, I've been thinking. I know nothing almost nothing about the rules. I don't feel comfortable voting for people yet this cycle, because I don't know if the consequences will even be normal. Mint Heron.

Also, @ing people to tag them won't work to spark their inactivity because if they're inactive on their own account, they will definitely be inactive on their anonymous account.

Edited by Emerald Falcon

1 hour ago, Emerald Falcon said:

Also, @ing people to tag them won't work to spark their inactivity because if they're inactive on their own account, they will definitely be inactive on their anonymous account.

Agreed. Pokes definitely become less effective with anon accounts.

Random role theorizing idea, based on pure and utter speculation:

We know that this game does have a more traditional elims vs. vill set up, but we do not know why this game needs to be anon. This is my speculation as to why. 

I’m guessing that both sides have access to forgers. Forgers (I’m guessing) have the ability to forge people, both themselves and others. They can change the identities of people, forging them into new accounts or roles that give them access to new abilities. They may start with a limited amount of soulstone (I have no idea if that’s the right name. Whatever they use to make soulstamps), and the level of forgery requires more or less.

There is about one hour left in the turn. Get your votes and actions in now. Remember, there is no vote minimum.

Vote Count:

Amber Vulture (1) - Charcoal Hyena
Amethyst Scorpion (1) - Coral Swan
Chartreuse Penguin (1) - Cream Tuatara
Magenta Albatross (1) - Azure Mouse
Mint Heron (1) - Mauve Crocodile