24 hours with a Cosmere Character, who do you choose and why?

I am not sure if someone has done this previously but I am curious to read people's answers.

The scenario is pretty simple - You wake up one day and get to spend 24 hours with any character in the cosmere, you get to ask them whatever you wish to know and the character will answer with respect to the information the character possesses in the books, you get to experience their world for 24 hours and may attempt to pass on information that you possess that may or may not affect the book/series/world's storyline going forward.

What would you do? Who would you choose? Why?

I am curious to read what you have to say.

Guess I have to just... RAFO :P

Edited by Kaladin-Stormblessed
typo

2 minutes ago, Gderu said:

I would choose Jasnah and just question her on everything that she knows lol. Who works you choose?

Hmm.. I think I would choose Hoid. I am sure there is a plethora of knowledge there that he is yet to reveal. He seems like an interesting character that I would love to get a first hand attempt to figure out. I would to understand whether he is more the type of person who would watch the world burn to get what he wants or whether he is more the type to help people in need (eg: Shallan).

Moreover, I love his outlook on things like art. I have always had a sneaky suspicion that Sanderson writes a Hoid chapter towards the end of the book as an inside joke. If you read closely you will notice that a lot of times, Hoid's words sound like a metaphor about Sanderson and his writings (his art). Therefore if I got to spend a day with Hoid, I feel like it would make me understand Sanderson better (the theory is a little out there, I know)

Lastly, all his storytelling and the potential to world hop, isn't that enough reasons to want to spend 24 hours with him

Now, if I were not interested in information and just solely wanted to have a fun time, I would probably end up selecting Lift or Lopen as both are unique and fun characters

2 hours ago, Kaladin-Stormblessed said:

Hmm.. I think I would choose Hoid. I am sure there is a plethora of knowledge there that he is yet to reveal. He seems like an interesting character that I would love to get a first hand attempt to figure out. I would to understand whether he is more the type of person who would watch the world burn to get what he wants or whether he is more the type to help people in need (eg: Shallan).

Moreover, I love his outlook on things like art. I have always had a sneaky suspicion that Sanderson writes a Hoid chapter towards the end of the book as an inside joke. If you read closely you will notice that a lot of times, Hoid's words sound like a metaphor about Sanderson and his writings (his art). Therefore if I got to spend a day with Hoid, I feel like it would make me understand Sanderson better (the theory is a little out there, I know)

Lastly, all his storytelling and the potential to world hop, isn't that enough reasons to want to spend 24 hours with him

Now, if I were not interested in information and just solely wanted to have a fun time, I would probably end up selecting Lift or Lopen as both are unique and fun characters

I feel like taking to Hoid would destroy a lot of the mystery around the shattering, which I don't want until Dragonsteel. It would kind of ruin a big part of the cosmere imo.

3 hours ago, Jaywalk said:

I’d have to say Ham, Elend, or one of the Five Scholars.

Witch one?

2 hours ago, aneonfoxtribute said:

Nightblood. Who wouldn't want to be buddies with a crazy sword that will tell you to kill people and might end up killing you.

Are you OK?

Hmm...  I would have to say Khriss, just because I think I would get the most information from her. I think if I asked Hoid to tell me everything about the Cosmere, he would start with "I once spent the better part of a year inside of a large stomach, being digested." I mean, Hoid probably knows more, yes. But I don't think he would necessarily be helpful. 

I also could ask Khriss things like "Has anyone ever tried setting up a speed bubble next to a river to find out more about the deflection of objects?" "Do you know about how spren have quantum properties? Do you think you could make a quantum computer with one?" And a million other questions about everything. I think she would be more helpful than Hoid answering those questions.

5 minutes ago, Jaywalk said:

Any of them, really. I think talking to each one would be fascinating(except for Denth. Denth might be a little scary).

Well Vasher is either grumpy or ignorant of the consequences of his actions(take your pick).

Shashara created Nightblood and then used it in battle.

Denth is kind of evil after the manywar.

Arsteal is kind of an idiot from what we know about him.

Yesteel      is a sneaky nerd who creates zombie armies(that is kind of cool but still).

11 hours ago, Karger said:

Well Vasher is either grumpy or ignorant of the consequences of his actions(take your pick).

Shashara created Nightblood and then used it in battle.

Denth is kind of evil after the manywar.

Arsteal is kind of an idiot from what we know about him.

Yesteel      is a sneaky nerd who creates zombie armies(that is kind of cool but still).

I don’t see your point...