Greater Shards

stormbourne

13 hours ago, Calderis said:

For instance, take a look at Harmony. Ruin is deatruction/decay/entropy/death. Preservation is stasis/stillness/persistence /maintenance. 

Ruin is inherently negative. Preservation is neutral. A balance between the two should not be Harmony. It should still be negative. 

Harmony is the way in which Sazed interprets and balances those two forces within himself, not so much what he truly is. 

Between the fact that I think the names of the Shards we know are just the interpretations of something deeper by the original Vessels, and that Harmony seems to be more a relational description than an accurate new intent, I think we're in for some very big surprises in the future that will upset what we think we know. 

I would argue that Ruin-As -Entropy is just part of the natural order of the universe and is no more innately Negative than 'Cold' or 'Dark'. 

Which ultimately proves your point, I think, that all these Shardic Intents are like 95% subjective.  Devotion is synonymous with Love, but could easily become Obsession, Harmony is a coin-flip away from Discord, Dominion-as-sovereignty can fall anywhere on the spectrum of Tyrant to Protectorate, yada-yada-yada.

• Chaos locked this topic