M-Bot's master

Gderu

In the end of skyward, it is implied that M-Bot's new master is Spensa.

The thing is, though, that if you look closely you'll notice that he never says that Spensa is his master. All he says is that he picked a new master. 

Another clue is this: when they were in space, M-Bot says this:

"Don't die, okay? If you do, I'll probably have to make Rodge my pilot."

If you think about it, this doesn't make sense. Before, he couldn't make Spin his master because his old master was dead and couldn't order him to change masters. How could he get a new master so easily now? Also, another thing: notice he said "pilot", not "master". I think M-Bot is hiding something. Brandon doesn't put hints like these in books for nothing. 

Edited by Gderu

I agree this is a possibility, but I don't quite believe it.

He couldn't make Spensa his pilot because before he could only make certain decisions on his own. Other decisions had to be made by his pilot, such as shooting weapons and changing pilots.

Spensa convinced M-Bot that he could change his pilot on his own, and M-Bot finally relented towards the end. Now that he is OK with changing his pilot on his own, if Spensa were to die, he could make Rodge his pilot.

Under the circumstances, 'pilot' and 'master' are synonyms so you're trying to draw a distinction that doesn't exist. M-Bot figured out how to work around the limitation in his programming that were imposed by his former pilot and having done that once, it's now a part of him and he can do it again more easily. Not every slightly ambiguous word choice in Brandon's books is foreshadowing. Just most of them. ;)