rising of the fused?

hoidthewit

IIRC the "Oathpact" prevented the Fused from exiting damnation. This was maintained as long as Taln remained on Braize and since he broke from 4500 years of torture the Fused were able to return. The Everstorm just allowed for the Fused to keep returning after being killed. I think that's how it works but I have only read the SA once through.   

What @Dancer said is correct. Taln breaking allowed the Fused to leave Braize/Damnation. The Everstorm facilitates their rebirth. I assume it catches their souls instead of returning to Braize, reducing the resurrection time. And if the Everstorm does function like this, it would effectively counter the Oathpact even if the Heralds resume their duties, since they no longer return to Braize at all.

13 hours ago, Wandering Investor said:

said is correct. Taln breaking allowed the Fused to leave Braize/Damnation. The Everstorm facilitates their rebirth. I assume it catches their souls instead of returning to Braize, reducing the resurrection time. And if the Everstorm does function like this, it would effectively counter the Oathpact even if the Heralds resume their duties, since they no longer return to Braize at all.

Although most of the fused have not yet left Braize yet as of Oathbringer.  This means that if the Oathpact is reinstated it will still keep out the fused who are not yet on Roshar.

On 8/24/2019 at 8:26 PM, Karger said:

Although most of the fused have not yet left Braize yet as of Oathbringer.  This means that if the Oathpact is reinstated it will still keep out the fused who are not yet on Roshar.

I'm aware of some of the fused claiming their most powerful warriors haven't awoken yet, but that doesn't indicate that most, or even any, are still on Braize. Are you getting that from somewhere else?

• Chaos locked this topic