Darn, I didn't even see Rath's vote on Drake...

Based on CadCom's votecount:
Rath (3) - Sart, Drake, Devotary
Drake (2) - Devotary, Rath, Fura, Sart
Stick (0) - Fura
Snipexe (2) - Stick, Fura

Fura's D1 Village Core:
Devotary
Stick
CadCom
Drake - Drake was not on this list before now. I just reread him, and without my paranoid biases, I trust him. He is putting through effort, voting, prompting people, and changing his vote, prompting more. This is a good village D1 play-style, and one that few people on this forum (that I have seen) use. even if he is purely doing this to look like a villager, it's still benefiting the village, so I'm willing to not kill him D1.

21 minutes ago, Sart said:

Er… you do know my vote was just a poke on Rathmaskal. I'm a bit concerned by that he's suddenly up for the lynch. While the idea to force a lynch is tempting, building it off of a poke vote seems counterintuitive. It just feels like Drake is off. 

What about Drake seems off to you?

My PoE says Snipexe is the person I should vote for today, and as he already has a vote, his lynch will be in contention too.

Drake
Snip

Edited by Furamirionind
edited grammar, forgot to add my vote to the vote count

If my count is correct, the current vote count is: 

Snipexe (3) - Stick, CadCom, Fura
Rath (2) -  Drake, Devotary
Drake (2) , Rath, Sart

I am planning on keeping my vote where it is, I believe. 

But If possible, could someone else do another vote count to verify I didn't mess up?

The Inquisitor knew that they were the only one left by now. There was still a part of them that was aware of things and that knew what was happening. The rest of the Inquisitors had all slaughtered each other, or themselves, in their madness.

Like the rest of the Inquisitors, the majority of the mind of this last one did not care. All this Inquisitor knew was death, and the urge to destroy and the utter inability to resist.

So, when the frightened-yet-hopeful human resistance stared in dismay as they killed one of their own... of course the Inquisitor did not care.

- - -

Snipexe has been lynched! They were a Village Rioter.

Vote count: 

Snipexe (3)
Drake (2)
Rath (1)

Night 1 has begun! The turn will end on Thursday, September 5, at 12:30 PM PDT.

Here are the rules.

Player list:

Spoiler

1. Furamirionind, as A Character

2. Cicada, as Ada

3. Xinoehp512, as Demmanu

4. DrakeMarshmallow, as Tersin Forrelken

5. Stick

6. CadCom, as Tom

7. Rathmaskal, as Rath the Rapper

8. Shanerockes

9. Butt Ad Venture, as Cornelius Steel

10. Devotary of Spontaneity, as Moud

11. Amanuensis, as Octun Renaud

12. Sart, as Sari

13. Snipexe (Rioter)

So. If I’m reading the rules correctly the Elim kill is not an action and cannot be stopped. So that means that either 1: The Inquisitor is playing mind games or 2: The Inquisitor is minimally active. I’m willing to guess that it’s the former trying to make us think it’s the latter.

Edit: No. I’m wrong. The Elim kill can be stopped by a Lurcher, but it’s not an action so it can’t be affected by some other effects. Still, my theory stands, albeit weaker. I wonder if a Lurcher prevented the kill, or if The Inquisitor just didn’t attack.

Edited by Butt Ad Venture

Ok, so I apparently messed up, as i thought there was only 1 vote on Snip when I voted for him. If I had known he already had two... I might have voted for him still, but I might not have... idk.

Anyways, a vote was soothed off of Rath. Meaning one of Devotary/Drake were Soothed.

19 minutes ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

So. If I’m reading the rules correctly the Elim kill is not an action and cannot be stopped. So that means that either 1: The Inquisitor is playing mind games or 2: The Inquisitor is minimally active. I’m willing to guess that it’s the former trying to make us think it’s the latter.

Edit: No. I’m wrong. The Elim kill can be stopped by a Lurcher, but it’s not an action so it can’t be affected by some other effects. Still, my theory stands, albeit weaker. I wonder if a Lurcher prevented the kill, or if The Inquisitor just didn’t attack.

That was a day turn, this is the night turn, so the kill will happen this turn.

7 minutes ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

Additionally, the Elim kill happens at night usually. (I thought I hit submit reply a while ago)

Ninja'd by Fura, while I was away from my desk

@xinoehp512 How has your day been so far today? I see you followed this thread. I was nervous you were hit by a car or something. : P

edit:
Who would you have voted for?
Have you read over my estimates on how many mislynches the village has?
What do you think about trying to mass lynch people all at once?

Edited by Furamirionind

Huh. Looks like I almost got lynched. In the future, please go about trying to lynch me when I am online :) (in fairness, I probably could have been online at the end of the cycle if I had tried harder, as it does work reasonably well with my timezone)

It also looks like Snipexe got lynched, for reasons I don't fully understand, considering they only made a single and rather sparse post.

On the bright side, we now have evidence of at least two village vote manipulators (looking at the rules, the inquisitor could not have soothed the vote off of Rath), which means Fura's calculations may not be as bleak as they originally seemed. On the less-than-bright side, one of them is now dead.

Not particularly more inclined to trust Rath judging from their response to my vote, although I also don't really suspect them more than I already did, either. For the record, my original plan was to just pretend to have a lynch and then retract my vote, but Fura's math changed my mind and I decided I would be pushing for a real D1 lynch after all.

...and yeah. I don't think I have anything else to say right now.

Runs off to barricade the doors for the night and pray.

Edited by DrakeMarshmallow

Okay, I was going to add more reasoning to my Drake vote, but my car had just gotten its oil change finished, so I had to drive off. Mostly it was his first post, and overall defensiveness. Then again, upon re-reading, it makes sense for village-Drake to vote on Rath because he had a village read on Stick. Hmmm.. I've still got bad gut vibes from him, but I'm starting to worry I'm tunneling.

I currently harbor the opinion that the Inquisitor voted yesterday. I'm still not entirely sure I get Fura's Math, and think lynching Snipexe of all players was unwise, but I caught up on the thread a few hours before turnover and decided not to get involved because sometimes you just need to see how the cards fall. I specifically want to look at players who pursued the lynch after Fura's math, as consensus dictates it would be acceptable, giving the Inquisitor ample room to hide. If anyone has the time to organize a list of players who fit that criteria I would appreciate it immensely. Otherwise I'll get to doing it myself after I finish my Spanish class.

ED1T:

7 hours ago, xinoehp512 said:

Oops. I need to do some re-reading, it looks like...

Yes please. I would bet money on you being a Villager, so if you need any help, please ask us. Every player is important in every game, but with a player list of this size, that fact is especially true. Total participation will do the Village a lot of good.

4 hours ago, Cicada said:

So. I don't know very much about things, I'm afraid. There are so many hidden abilities around us. Even those of our allies could be dangerous. I don't know what to do. What should I be most afraid of?

Don't worry, Ada. All of us are just as clueless as you right now. But I recommend not getting too hung up on the hidden abilities. I can say with relative confidence that this game isn't role madness. I would hazard to guess about half of us have powers, and while they may assist the Village in determining victory, they are unlikely to cause any problems, and as always, the most important thing is discussion and the lynch.

My Spanish class is over now, so I'll work on creating my Inquisitor shortlist before my next class begins. Once I'm finished I'll edit it into this post unless someone speaks up before then.

ED2T:

Furamirionind: Technically qualifies for voting after Fura's math. The math itself is probably NAI. Mostly wary due to their village read of me when I only posted a short paragraph once (see spoiler).

Spoiler

Amanuensis - Village
Honestly, while I might count not wanting a D1 vote against some people, I think this is totally a village!Aman thing. When village, he has had a streak of only voting on elims iirc, and a D1 vote is basically just chance, so it would be foolish to ruin that streak here. xD
Oh, and being busy makes sense too. An elim could easily leave a vote on under the excuse of being busy.

(Addendum: Fura jokingly suggests a mass claim in thread, which I would not expect of most Inquisitors. I think I'll go all in on a Villager read for this alone.)

Drake Marshmallow: I agree with Devotary's logic in the post where they voted for Drake, though not necessarily the reason they voted for Drake. I need to find specifics of why, but I noticed several players finding mixed signals in his posts. Generally if a player is a Villager and posts enough times as Drake has, it should be fairly easy to determine their alignment. Any amount of doubt could equate to their "guilt" bleeding through. I'm also uncomfortable with their Village read of Stick. I for one am not so certain about her alignment and don't fully understand the reasoning. Like with Fura and their read of me, I'm concerned about this being a potential pocket.

Rathmaskal: I really want to lean Village on Rath mostly for a potential interpretation of this rap:

This is crazy, I say, today, no way, we play anymore
What's the plan, we can, find someone to understand we show them the door
This rhyme, this time, has thoughts that don't subscribe to the life we find
Inconsistent views create shady news and give my thoughts the blues

I can almost read this like Rath is saying his own words can't be trusted, and I severely doubt an Inquisitor would so blatantly imply that. If he were the Inquisitor, I would expect him to use his RP to hide his identity, not flaunt it in our faces.

Cadmium Compounder: Honestly can't say anything stood out to me one way or the other, which is actually not a good thing. When I have time again I will try to isolate his posts to develop a better read. If I can't ascertain one, I may grow suspicious that he doesn't seem to be a Villager because he isn't one.

Devotary of Spontaneity: As previously stated, I like Devotary's logic and see it coming from a Village mindset. I'm not so confident in her alignment as I am in Fura's, but I'm willing to put them aside for now in pursuit of better leads.

That's all for now.

Edited by Amanuensis

Right, while I did start the lynch on Snip with the intention of lynching them, I didn't think it would actually catch on. Kinda pleased with myself that it did, except they flipped village. Not too surprised there, in all honestly. Though I do think it was worth the shot.

17 hours ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

I can say with surety that Butt Ad Venture is almost definitely village unless THEY'RE the one playing mind games xD

8 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

I currently harbor the opinion that the Inquisitor voted yesterday. I'm still not entirely sure I get Fura's Math...

Really quick, as I personally think it important, I'm going to try explaining it better:
as we have started going down the path of the D1 lynch, I'll just explain that one.

Spoiler

For this, I am going to assume the Inquisitor is playing optimally, which would, I believe, involve charging Iron and Atium(Iron) for the 2 extra lives. As the Inquisitor starts with 3 lives, and their convert has 1, this brings the total amount of lives to 6.

C1: 12-1
We start C1 with 13 players, one of which is evil, making the ratio 12-1 for the beginning of the game. Pretty self explanatory.

C2: 10-1 (-mislynch, -kill)
At the beginning of C2, I am assuming we made a mislynch C1 (which we did), and I am also assuming the Inquisitor is going to kill and charge the Iron Spike N1. This brings our total to 10-1

C3:   8-2 (-mislynch, -convert)
Here I am also assuming we are going to mislynch on D2. In addition to mislynching, the Inquisitor now has a charged spike, which they use to convert someone. This removes a villager, and adds an elim. That gives us 8-2
At this point, the Inquisitor still has their innate 3 lives, and the convert has their innate life plus the Iron extra one. 5 lives total.

C4:   7-2 (-lynch, -kill) -I 3 lives left
Now, this is where the game is decided. D3 if we mislynch, the game won't end, but is basically over I think. N3 the Inquisitor will make a kill and charge the Atium spike. N4 they spike themselves with it, and now, assuming we mislynch D3, the only way we can catch up to them is if the Lurcher stops them at least once for every mislynch we get after C3.
If we lynch the convert we also lose, as once the convert dies, the Inquisitor will just convert another, giving them yet another life for 7 total.
So we have to lynch the Inquisitor, and we have to lynch them D3.

If we lynch the Inquistor D3, then they have 2 lives starting C4 and only 1 villager dies. This brings us to 7-2

C5:   6-2 (-lynch, -kill) -I 2 lives left
D4 we lynch the Inquisitor again, bringing their lives down to 1, but N4 the Inquisitor spikes themselves with Atium, giving them another life, bringing them up to 2 for the beginning of D5. 1 more villager also dies N4, bringing us down to 6-2.

C6:   5-2 (-lynch, -kill) -I 1 lives left
C5 we lynch the inquisitor again, now they only have 1 life beginning of D6, another villager dies, bringing us down to 5-2

C7:   4-1 (-lynch, -kill) -I deaded
C6 we lynch the Inquisitor again, meaning they are now dead! Yay! So now at 4-1, the convert still has 2 lives, and here it seems i messed up my previous math.
I said we would lynch again and enter Lylo on C8, when actually we enter Mylo on C7.
If we lynch the convert now, we lynch them again C8 and win!
If we mislynch, 2 villagers die, bringing us to 2-1, but as the convert has 2 lives, we can't win... Assuming elims win parity? Wait a second, I just checked the rules... and the village wins pairity? lol, that's what it looks like.
So assuming the convert isn't vote manip, village wins parity. Hahahahaha
So we do  have a mislynch here, bringing us up to 3 possible mislynches.

Naturally, if we lynch the elim, we go into C8 with 3-1, and lynch the mafia again.

C8:   3-1 (-lynch, -kill) -Lylo

@Lumgol Wait a second, as the elim kill isn't an action, can the Inquisitor kill and convert in the same night?

if so, that yet again throws off my math, as the turn they convert will actually serve as a double kill, meaning that...

Ok Conclusion:
As the village wins a parity (when there are the same number of villagers and elims), if Lum says they can Convert and kill on the same turn, then we have 1 more mislynch. If she says no, then we have 2.

I want to post more, but i spent too much time on this : /

Edit: And yeah, I agree it's likely the inquisitor voted.

Edited by Furamirionind

1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

I can say with surety that Butt Ad Venture is almost definitely village unless THEY'RE the one playing mind games xD

:ph34r: I can promise that I'm NOT the Inquisitor...I'm just dense...and bad at SE...

Though... @Amanuensis. What makes you assume this isn't role madness? I've actually made the opposite assumption, seeing as there are 12 players and 9 allomantic abilities, plus the Inquisitor, having two of two allomantic roles seems very likely. Especially considering that there are no village kills other than the lynch.

Just now, Butt Ad Venture said:

:ph34r: I can promise that I'm NOT the Inquisitor...I'm just dense...and bad at SE...

Though... @Amanuensis. What makes you assume this isn't role madness? I've actually made the opposite assumption, seeing as there are 12 players and 9 allomantic abilities, plus the Inquisitor, having two of two allomantic roles seems very likely. Especially considering that there are no village kills other than the lynch.

Just because a role exists in the write up doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be included. As for why I'm confident in this not being role madness, that should be fairly easy to guess.

4 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

Just because a role exists in the write up doesn't mean it's guaranteed to be included. As for why I'm confident in this not being role madness, that should be fairly easy to guess.

Information is the station we run this nation on
Don't give, just live and understand what's wrong
To claim in name all the same could gain
The one whose spikes are gonna wreck this game
Nothing private in this diet so trust is a must to provide the just with enough gust to bust the rustin stuff

57 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

@Lumgol Wait a second, as the elim kill isn't an action, can the Inquisitor kill and convert in the same night?

The Inquisitor must charge a spike in order to convert. So, yes, the Inquisitor can kill and convert in the same night, as long as they have already charged the spike that they will use during a different night.

20 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

The Inquisitor must charge a spike in order to convert. So, yes, the Inquisitor can kill and convert in the same night, as long as they have already charged the spike that they will use during a different night.

Ok, and we are back down to 2 mislynches. I really hope we have a Lurcher, if we do, it is quite important that you choose who you protect carefully, as a single failed attack or convert on the Inquisitor's end could give us an extra mislynch... Actually, it probably makes sense just to protect yourself every night? That also ensures you can't be converted by the Inquisitor

36 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

:ph34r:

:ph34r:

1 hour ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

SE takes practice. I've been playing for over a year now, and I'm still bad. I just pretend I'm good, and sometimes get lucky. : P

generally, the more you try to play well (however you define the word "well" : P ), the more questions you ask, etc, the better you get. You are playing a good game so far, don't sell yourself short.

Mari did not understand. Tom did not know why his wife, Mari was so upset. Didn't Mari realize this was the end of the world? It looked like tomorrow, instead of spending wonderful family time with his family, Tom would be out searching for a job. He was frustrated that Mari didn't take it better. He needed a moment to think, so he rolled out of bed, careful not to wake up his wife. He put on his coat, and slipped out his the back door into their small courtyard that led to the Alleyway. 

Normally the alleys were safe in this part of town, but with all the unrest, it wouldn't hurt to check. He tossed a half eaten chicken leg from their trash over the fence and down the alley, and heard it hit the ground. Nothing. 

Slipping out the gate, Tom headed out the alley to the main street, and began to walk aimlessly. It appeared that no one was out at this hour. 

Muttering under his breath to himself, he said what had been on his mind. "Sometimes Mari is so closed-minded. I can't believe she's making me look for a job. And she's only giving me two days before she says she'll leave me! Why is she being so unreasonable! If I can't find anything, I might have to go back to Cornelius. He would take me back, I imagine. It's not like he's going to find another rioter in these times on such short notice."

He was suddenly interrupted in his muttered rant by a rat jumping out of some crates, and scurring across the road. 

Startled, he decided it was time to turn back home. As he quietly slipped back into the alley, he looked up across the street, and thought he saw a Mistborn flying through the sky, off in the distance. "Probably not. I aint so lucky to see a Mistborn" He grumbled, and slipped back in his house, up the stairs, and back to bed. 

----------------------

I agree with Aman that this game is probably not Role madness, however something about how and when he claimed, made me want to look into it. It is interesting that Aman would claim they have no role. Their initial claim was seemed very veiled, in response to Cicada's post, and could be nothing other than stating the facts and speculations from his point of view. But this is SE and everyone is evil until proven innocent here, so analysis, here I come. 

I can see this as a few possible different strategies.

One is simply that they are being honest. They do not have a role, and believe that half do not have a role. This could very well be the case. In fact, I'd say it has about a 2 in 3 (67%) chance of this being the case.

An alternative is that they have a valuable role, but don't want others to suspect them. Perhaps if they can reasonably convince the inquisitor to not kill or convert them. I give this about a 15% chance of being the case.

The final alternative I thought of is some variation of Aman is the inquisitor, and is trying to draw a scan tonight. They won't have any spikes inserted in themselves, therefore it will actually appear as if they have no role. This seems somewhat unlikely, but also very ingenious. I give it about an 18% chance of being the case. 

---

I also agree that, at least until conversions begin to occur, B. Ad Venture is probably village, I would put the probability they are the inquisitor at close to 0 percent. 

---

A vote was soothed off Rath. I could see that being someone who doesn't want Rath lynched. Most likely culprit being Rath, suggesting he is a soother. This is not guaranteed, because I know from personal experience that on the first day or cycle of the game, if I have an ability that can be used to direct the outcome of something, I like to just use it just to see what happens. That's How the villagers caught and lynched  Elim Elan on D1 in the Kingkiller Game a while back (Sorry Elan I am responsible for starting your curse of being lynched on D1 as an elim. In my defense, I think I also broke it by being lynched D1 on another game instead of having them lynch you when we were both elims together.)

Edit: I only see one post from @shanerockes, who we would all love to hear more from. Do you have any thoughts on the game. I'm leaning village based off of your one post, 

Edited by Cadmium Compounder