Rath the Rapper was mortified.  He'd spent his entire life attempting to rap about other worlds, other times, other stories.  With one small mistake, he'd been completely humiliated and ostracized from his profession.  (You'd be surprised how many fantasy rappers there were...at least 3 or 4)  He wandered through the streets, despondent, unsure where his life would go from here.

"Pssst"

Rath looked around.  He could vaguely make out a silhouette in the shadows.  He hesitated.

"Yeah, you...come here."

Unsure why he did, Rath walked toward the figure.  As he came closer, he could see that the figure seemed to be a grey-haired man.  Not hiding, but definitely trying not to stand out either.

"Have you ever thought what it'd be like to live your raps?"

What was this guy smoking?!

"Fine, fine, I can see you're rather skeptical.  People from your world usually are.  They enjoy the stories, but they never believe they could actually be true.  Come."

And with that, Rath was pulled...somewhere?

On days like today, Tom wondered if it would even matter if he quit. The end of the world seemed just around the corner anyways. Tom had enough in savings. He could cash out, and purchase enough supplies to last his familyabout a month and a half. It would certainly be better to spend time with his wife and kids. 

Tom worked at the local tavern. If health inspectors or Obligators came through, he was an assistant to the cook, but his real job was to gently riot the visitors. Enough to get them rowdy, but not so much to cause fights. Fights were bad for business. It was a delicate balance. And focusing on that, while disguising yourself as a kitchen worker was hard work. A work he was not paid or treated well enough for. 

Tom decided it was time to act. 

Walking up to the owner, [insert name here]* he began, "[Insert name here], I'm quitting tonight, unless my wage is doubled. The economy is crashing, and the world probably is ending. It's no longer worth my current wage to continue working here."

Before the owner could respond, he continued. "My shift ends in three hours. I will come discuss the matter with you after my shift ends. I just wanted to make you aware, so you could make a conscious decision." 

Then Tom walked away, back to rioting the guests from the comfort of a nook in the kitchen with a slit in the wall allowing him to peer into the dining area.

------

Edit: If anyone wants to RP the owner, by all means go for it. If not, then Tom will probably end up quitting regardless.

Edited by Cadmium Compounder

As it is, the game will be starting in 2 days, and we have 11 players so far. I understand that partly since it is the beginning of the school year, many people are busy and unable to play. However, any last-minute signups will be greatly appreciated. :) 

This game will still be possible to run with 11 players, though.

38 minutes ago, Lumgol said:

As it is, the game will be starting in 2 days, and we have 11 players so far. I understand that partly since it is the beginning of the school year, many people are busy and unable to play. However, any last-minute signups will be greatly appreciated. :) 

This game will still be possible to run with 11 players, though.

*Huff* *Puff* *Huff*

"Oh good, I'm not too late then. I'm..*huff* Sari... We have a serious Inquisitor problem"

Reading over the rules, I would ask that with this number of players, the number of converts be reduced by one.

1 hour ago, Sart said:

*Huff* *Puff* *Huff*

"Oh good, I'm not too late then. I'm..*huff* Sari... We have a serious Inquisitor problem"

Reading over the rules, I would ask that with this number of players, the number of converts be reduced by one.

I have planned to change the maximum number of converts depending on game size. With 11 players, it would make more sense to only have one convert, because of the 20% rule.

Somehow, there was still hope among the people.

There wasn't much left, though. Of hope and of people. By now, most had retreated into whatever shelters they could find.

The world was going to end, and there wasn't any good reason to doubt that.

That is, if you weren't one of the (approximately) dozen people who decided to take a desperate stand. Somehow, the impending deepness and death had only fueled their determination. And so they fought.

Welcome to LG59! This turn will end on Wednesday, September 3rd, 2019, at 12:30 PM PDT.

Please remember that PM's are closed throughout the game.

There has been a minor change to the rules due to game size. The Inquisitor can have a maximum of 1 convert at any point in the game.

The full rules may be accessed here

I appreciate every single player for signing up to play this game during such a busy time of year. Thank you.

Also, shoutout to @Haelbarde for the title idea.

Player list:

Spoiler

1. Furamirionind, as A Character

2. Cicada, as Ada

3. Xinoehp512, as Demmanu

4. DrakeMarshmallow, as Tersin Forrelken

5. Stick

6. CadCom, as Tom

7. Rathmaskal, as Rath the Rapper

8. Shanerockes

9. Butt Ad Venture, as Cornelius Steel

10. Devotary of Spontaneity, as Moud

11. Amanuensis, as Octun Renaud

12. Sart, as Sari

13. Snipexe

So. We're all here. I'm surprised there are so many of us. Perhaps after some time has passed and we've burned the spies that followed us, we'll be able to achieve something. Until then, let's lock our doors each night. Though I'm sure I don't have to tell you that.

Hello.

I’m actually a bit tempted to say that there being only one eliminator at the moment tips the balance away from a D1 lynch being a good idea. We gain less info in the ways of teammates trying to protect each other, not to mention the odds of guessing right are obviously lower although this isn’t the primary purpose of a D1 lynch.

But, instead of derailing the conversation with the discussion of whether or not we should even have a lynch, lets for now just pretend that we are going to have one :D This is much more useful.

@Snipexe (Snipexe) hi. How’s life? I see you viewing the thread right now so I figure this is a worthwhile poke. Do you have any take on how the conversion aspect of the game works?

1 hour ago, Cicada said:

So. We're all here. I'm surprised there are so many of us. Perhaps after some time has passed and we've burned the spies that followed us, we'll be able to achieve something. Until then, let's lock our doors each night. Though I'm sure I don't have to tell you that.

If an Inquisitor is determined enough to enter my home, I imagine a locked door wouldn't fend them off for long.

11 minutes ago, DrakeMarshmallow said:

Hello.

I’m actually a bit tempted to say that there being only one eliminator at the moment tips the balance away from a D1 lynch being a good idea. We gain less info in the ways of teammates trying to protect each other, not to mention the odds of guessing right are obviously lower although this isn’t the primary purpose of a D1 lynch.

But, instead of derailing the conversation with the discussion of whether or not we should even have a lynch, lets for now just pretend that we are going to have one :D This is much more useful.

@Snipexe (Snipexe) hi. How’s life? I see you viewing the thread right now so I figure this is a worthwhile poke. Do you have any take on how the conversion aspect of the game works?

I personally won't vote this turn. Partly because today was my first day back at College and I've already got a lot on my plate for this week, and partly because I don't think we'll find the Inquisitor this early, regardless of the number of players, to make the chance of lynching a villager worth it.

Edited by Amanuensis

35 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

If an Inquisitor is determined enough to enter my home, I imagine a locked door wouldn't fend them off for long.

Fair enough, a locked door isn't everything. But at least I'll be able to hear them coming for me, and get ready to fight. Even if it won't matter in the end, I intend to make them bleed.

36 minutes ago, Amanuensis said:

I personally won't vote this turn. Partly because today was my first day back at College and I've already got a lot on my plate for this week, and partly because I don't think we'll find the Inquisitor this early, regardless of the number of players, to make the chance of lynching a villager worth it.

I also agree that it wouldn't be helpful to lynch anyone today, for the same reasons.

6 hours ago, Cicada said:

Well, I can't blame you for being paranoid, but I doubt there are multiple spies. We know that an Inquisitor has infiltrated us, but everyone else should be loyal

5 hours ago, DrakeMarshmallow said:

Hello.

Hmm... the odds are low, but when are they ever going to be in our favor?

5 hours ago, Amanuensis said:

Are you really so concerned with probability? The Inquisitor doesn't start out with any charged Spikes, so it would take til Day 3 to form any connections. Even assuming dumb luck, with us lynching someone randomly on Day 1 and Day 2, we have about a 1 out of 6 chance of winning. That's worth the risk in my book.

5 hours ago, Cicada said:

Fair enough, a locked door isn't everything. But at least I'll be able to hear them coming for me, and get ready to fight. Even if it won't matter in the end, I intend to make them bleed.

I also agree that it wouldn't be helpful to lynch anyone today, for the same reasons.

In my opinion, the best defense is a good offense. We need to find the Inquisitor before he can charge his Spikes and convert.

Unfortunately, it's a bit hard to find the bad guy when everyone is hiding in fear. @Furamirionind @xinoehp512 @Stick @Cadmium Compounder @Rathmaskal @shanerockes @Butt Ad Venture @Devotary of Spontaneity @Snipexe

We need your help. Rathmaskal I'm putting my vote on you so you will hopefully respond.

2 hours ago, Sart said:

Unfortunately, it's a bit hard to find the bad guy when everyone is hiding in fear. @Furamirionind @xinoehp512 @Stick @Cadmium Compounder @Rathmaskal @shanerockes @Butt Ad Venture @Devotary of Spontaneity @Snipexe

I'm not hiding. You are. I have no fear. I also am not going to put a vote because I believe there everyone should at least live one cycle. 

Wow, I havent been tagged for inactivity in a while... granted, it's still the first day so... : P

@Lumgol @Coop772 to charge a spike, must the inquisitor be attempting to charge it, while killing an allomancer, or does it charge regardless of role?

if the inquisitor gives themself an extra life via Iron, what happens if they get lynched? Do they loose their extra life, or a spike?

If the inquisitor converts no one, do they have 7 extra lives?

When a player is attacked and survives, are we told they were attacked?

If we are told they are attacked and survived, does the writeup differentiate between surviving via Thug VS Lurcher?

Can the Lurcher just target themselves every night the entire game?

Can a coinshot redirect day actions, such as Soother and Rioter actions?

If the inquisitor attacked Maill, and a Tineye scanned him, would they see the Inquisitor targetting Mail, or does it only work with allomantic targets?

If someone is inherantly a misting, but then is spiked with something, will a Seeker see both metals, proving they were converted? Similarly, if the inquisitor spikes themselves twice or more, will all of those spikes show up on the scan?

Can a smoker smoke 1 person total, or 1 person and/or themselves?

Can a smoker be redirected by a coinshot?

If an inquisitor spikes their convert with Iron on the same turn that convert is atta... oh wait, no vig this game. XD

Edited by Furamirionind

3 hours ago, Sart said:

Are you really so concerned with probability? The Inquisitor doesn't start out with any charged Spikes, so it would take til Day 3 to form any connections. Even assuming dumb luck, with us lynching someone randomly on Day 1 and Day 2, we have about a 1 out of 6 chance of winning. That's worth the risk in my book.

The Inquisitor does have two extra lives, so we can't win before a conversion happens. In total, the elims have up to 6 lives plus one for every convert we kill, which is going to be a pain to chew through without any night kills. We can reduce that number by lynching the Inquisitor and randomly destroying the iron or atium spike, but the opportunity to do so might quickly vanish.

@Lumgol, @Coop772, does Seeking happen before spiking? If not, any Seeker scans in the first two nights that show a metal proves that person isn't the Inquisitor. Technically the Inquisitor could forgo a convert and spike themselves, but otherwise a Seeker scan on Nights 3/4? would also clear someone. It's almost counterproductive to lynch a convert before the Inquisitor dies, and there isn't any way for the Seeker to announce their results secretly, but I still feel it's worthwhile for a Seeker to reveal if someone is associated with multiple metals. Even if the elims make Steel a priority, there's only a 50% chance of bypassing a Lurcher's protection.

16 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

to charge a spike, must the inquisitor be attempting to charge it, while killing an allomancer, or does it charge regardless of role?

Can the Lurcher just target themselves every night the entire game?

Can a coinshot redirect day actions, such as Soother and Rioter actions?

If the inquisitor attacked Maill, and a Tineye scanned him, would they see the Inquisitor targetting Mail, or does it only work with allomantic targets?

If someone is inherantly a misting, but then is spiked with something, will a Seeker see both metals, proving they were converted? Similarly, if the inquisitor spikes themselves twice or more, will all of those spikes show up on the scan?

Can a smoker smoke 1 person total, or 1 person and/or themselves?

Can a smoker be redirected by a coinshot?

It doesn't look like the Inquisitor needs to kill a misting to charge a spike.

The Lurcher can self-protect. If the Coinshot could redirect the elim kill, this would mean nobody would ever die at night. As it stands, the Coinshot can only redirect night metallic actions. I don't think it's useful to redirect steel unless the 50% odds are calculated separately. Other targets are iron, tin, bronze, and atium. Since this will generally interfere with village actions, it's not too helpful unless there's a convert with one of those metals.

Tin seems to work on non-allomantic actions as well. A Seeker can see all metals someone is associated with, so anyone with two or more metals is assured to be evil.

Hi. I’m alive. So last game I only voted once, but this game everything is changing. I will vote every cycle. And I’ll be active. So...hopefully that works out well for me. :lol:

So, I’m going to poke vote @Stick 

And I have no D1 analysis other than to support Sart. There is only one Eliminator currently, but by D2 there will be 2 eliminators. So for the first cycle everything will be very analysis based, not Allomantical. Because charging a spike is a action, the inquisitor cannot use any abilities for a while.

Oh, and who here is breaking my devise with Grammarly? 

It was the end of Tom's Shift. He walked up to the owner on his way out for the night. "Have you considered my proposal?" Tom asked.

[Insert Name Here] looked back at Tom regretfully. "I have, but I simply cannot afford to double your wage. I'd hate to lose my Rioter though, so I will raise your wage by two boxings an hour, if you choose to remain here."

Two boxings was not enough for Tom, so he declined the offer. On his way out, he grabbed his hat off the rack by the door, and never looked back. The door shut behind him. 

Tom hadn't discussed this with his wife, except for mentioning that he was considering quitting. But he hadn't discussed in any further detail the decision. He wondered how she would take it. Surely it wouldn't matter though. Scadrial as he knew it may be over by the end of 7 days from now. Tom wanted to spend it with his wife and children. 

As he rounded the final corner onto his street, he braced himself for the moment of telling his wife the decision he had made, and the reason behind that decision.

----------

Hi guys, I'm here! 

So If I'm not mistaken, This is the vote count

Snip (1):  Drake

Rath (1):  Sart

Stick (1):  Butt Ad Venture

My personal thoughts are that in conversion games, a lynch on D1 only hinders the village, because of the extreme unlikeliness of actually hitting the eliminator. But seeing as a lynch has already started, and will almost always be started by someone who disagrees with me, any argument against a lynch is practically futile. I would honestly prefer to wait until at least 15%(Which is an arbitrary number that I thought sounded good last conversion game) of players have a chance of being eliminators before beginning lynch efforst. This game, that would be the beginning of D2. 

But like I said that hope is futile. I see that everyone has already been tagged, so there's no point in re-tagging people, so let me just look over the list and choose randomly. A quick RNG chose 12... That would be Sart. My vote will possibly change but I do want to ask a quick question @Lumgol If the vote is a tie with all lynchees having only one vote, do they all still die, or is there a 2 vote minimum?

Hello, friends 

Like many of you here, the start of the school year is keeping me fairly busy and a pain to deal with, but I'll try my best to maintain good activity levels. Would be nice if we caught the inquizyboi in the first couple of cycles, eh?:P Regardless, hopefully I'll be able to contribute just as much as I normally do. Maybe. Probably. :ph34r:

I must read the rules now, as I have forgotten whether I even read them in the first place before signing up xD

Hm, with only one player being convertible, I'm guessing the inquisitor can use the remaining spikes on themself. Which is kinda worrying, but not so much as they still only get one action per cycle. Also, "Seeker - Can choose a player and learn all metals that their role is associated with, if any." So isnt the inquisitor role technically 'associated' with all the spikes? Because they possess one of each spike at the start of the game. So will all 7 metals show up on a Seeker scan? :ph34r:.If so, hehe tough luck, inquizyboi

16 hours ago, DrakeMarshmallow said:

lets for now just pretend that we are going to have one :D This is much more useful.

I like that idea:P

10 hours ago, Sart said:

Unfortunately, it's a bit hard to find the bad guy when everyone is hiding in fear. @Furamirionind @xinoehp512 @Stick

You've poked a poor rando there xD I'm _Stick_ lol

1 hour ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

So, I’m going to poke vote @Stick 

That is, in fact, not me once again. xD Does this vote technically not count then? xD

7 hours ago, Furamirionind said:

@Lumgol @Coop772 to charge a spike, must the inquisitor be attempting to charge it, while killing an allomancer, or does it charge regardless of role?

I was gonna ask the same question, because shouldnt this mean charging a spike does NOT count as an action?

Oh, I actually had one more question.

19 hours ago, Lumgol said:

There has been a minor change to the rules due to game size. The Inquisitor can have a maximum of 1 convert at any point in the game.

Does this mean if the first convert is killed, at that point they may make a second convert?

19 hours ago, Lumgol said:

This turn will end on Wednesday, September 3rd, 2019, at 12:30 PM PDT.

September 4th?  Or Tuesday?  I'm assuming it's the 4th.

(Also curious about the answer to CadCom's minimum vote question.)

~~

(Please bear with my awful rapping/rhyming skills here)

No lynch sounds good to me, for free, we see, who the elims want to be

We don't have a chance, quite scant in fact, to find the one we want to sack

While I'm working through this doubt, let's get out a vote count:

• Snipexe (1) - Drake
  • Rath (1) - Sart
  • @_Stick_ (1) - Ad Venture (Tagged just so you could get an actual tag :P)
  • Sart (1) - CadCom

1 hour ago, _Stick_ said:

That is, in fact, not me once again. xD Does this vote technically not count then? xD

<_< Stick _Stick_ 

...fine, you posted. :P

_Stick_

2 hours ago, Cadmium Compounder said:

It was the end of Tom's Shift. He walked up to the owner on his way out for the night. "Have you considered my proposal?" Tom asked.

[Insert Name Here] looked back at Tom regretfully. "I have, but I simply cannot afford to double your wage. I'd hate to lose my Rioter though, so I will raise your wage by two boxings an hour, if you choose to remain here."

Two boxings was not enough for Tom, so he declined the offer. On his way out, he grabbed his hat off the rack by the door, and never looked back. The door shut behind him. 

Tom hadn't discussed this with his wife, except for mentioning that he was considering quitting. But he hadn't discussed in any further detail the decision. He wondered how she would take it. Surely it wouldn't matter though. Scadrial as he knew it may be over by the end of 7 days from now. Tom wanted to spend it with his wife and children. 

As he rounded the final corner onto his street, he braced himself for the moment of telling his wife the decision he had made, and the reason behind that decision.

19 hours ago, Cicada said:

Cornelius frowned as Tom walked out the door. "Why was the man being so unreasonable!" he thought. Owning a bar during the end of the world was hard work; and he couldn't afford to double anyone's wages, even a Rioter's! His offer of an extra 2 boxings was already a seemingly impossible sum what with the slow business that he had been receiving. And there was nowhere else in town where a skilled Rioter could get work. Tom would be back in the next few days, tail between his legs, asking to have his job back. And seeing as Cornelius was a reasonable man Tom would be having his job back. 

Walking out, Cornelius bolted the door shut and started rushing home. As he entered the town square he saw a man raving about an Inquisitor sneaking into the village and spying on them. "Foolishness!" He grumbled to himself. Though...perhaps some caution would be in order, seeing as it was the end of the world and all....

Nodding to himself, Cornelius stepped inside his house, bolted his door, and slunk off to finish his book.

5 minutes ago, Butt Ad Venture said:

Walking out, Cornelius bolted the door shut and started rushing home. As he entered the town square he saw a man raving about an Inquisitor sneaking into the village and spying on them. "Foolishness!" He grumbled to himself. Though...perhaps some caution would be in order, seeing as it was the end of the world and all....

And yet again, I am mistaken for a man. And dismissed. It seems everyone wants to either murder each other randomly or sit quietly at home. I have no intention of voting for a lynch.

Yay, a reasonably active thread :)

I have classes to get to right now, but for now, Snip. My poke appears not to have worked, which is really quite unfortunate, but I don’t think keeping my vote there will be constructive.

In the interests of continuing to pretend that we are going to lynch somebody, Cadmium @Cadmium Compounder. I am not in principle opposed to randomness to choose votes, having done so myself once or twice, but your use of it seems mildly suspect.

You don’t want a lynch, but you feel you ought to vote anyway because you believe a lynch is inevitable, and you can at least direct the outcome. This is well and good. I can get behind that. But if that is where you are coming from, why vote according to RNG? What RNG voting accomplishes is pushing for a lynch without any particular direction, which is almost exactly the opposite of what you said you wanted.

Probably I am simply misunderstanding your thought process, but I would be grateful for an explanation.