16 hours ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

While It seems that my erroneous vote tallies and late vote provoked Rath to also Soothe a vote, we ended up hitting the correct person.

About 10 minutes before rollover the vote tally was such that Fura was getting lynched even after taking Drake’s manip into consideration, which was the closest I could ever hope to get xD Unfortunately CadCom had to come in with an accurate vote tally... 

14 hours ago, DrakeMarshmallow said:

Considering we still have a Seer to prevent conversions, and Lurchers to keep the Seer alive in the meantime, does that mean the game is pretty much decided?

:ph34r:

14 hours ago, DrakeMarshmallow said:

Also, Stick, your posts are most excellent :)

Why thank you :ph34r:

It looks like regardless of whether or not our seer, whomever that may be, is able to target the inquisitor, whomever that may be, the inquisitor will still be able to get off kills.  SO, hopefully our lurcher, whomever THAT may be, protects our seer, again, some unknown person.  If that happens tonight, there shouldn't really be a way for the inquisitor to turn convert anyone if MY math is correct.

N3 - Lurcher protects seer, seer targets inquisitor, inquisitor kills lurcher
D4 - Lynch inquisitor
N4 - Seer targets inquisitor, inquisitor kills seer (I guess this depends on OoA)
D5 - Final lynch on inquisitor

The Inquisitor knew that they had no chance at catching the last villagers. The Mistings had harnessed the use of their abilities to their maximum potential, and they would likely deflect the Inquisitor's spikes in the blink of an eye. So, the Inquisitor set out to business, and decided to get some revenge. They remembered the lurch that made their cleverly planned spike attempt crumble to ashes. 

With a quick and precise slash of the knife, Sari the Lurcher toppled to the ground. "Just as you deserve. For ruining my elaborate and ingenious plans of death, suffering, chaos, and more death," hissed the Inquisitor.

---

Day 4 has begun! The turn will end on Friday, September 13, at 12:30 PM PDT.

Sart has died! He was a Village Lurcher.

Here are the rules.

Announcement: Please vote in purple to determine whether to have the game end after today. It looks like the village has everything it needs to win, but if people wish to drag it out or pursue a different plan, now is the time to decide. 

Player list:

Spoiler

1. Furamirionind, as A Character

2. Cicada, as Ada

3. Xinoehp512, as Demmanu (Tineye)

4. DrakeMarshmallow, as Tersin Forrelken

5. Stick

6. CadCom, as Tom

7. Rathmaskal, as Rath the Rapper

8. Shanerockes

9. Butt Ad Venture, as Cornelius Steel (Smoker)

10. Devotary of Spontaneity, as Moud

11. Amanuensis, as Octun Renaud (Seeker)

12. Sart, as Sari (Lurcher)

13. Snipexe (Rioter)

Stick.

As for whether the game should end?

Well, I personally would be okay with deliberately allowing Stick to choose a convert before lynching her, just for fun.

If the other villagers are not interested in doing this, then I agree with Fura that we should let Stick decide to end the game or not.

Edited by DrakeMarshmallow

If Fura is dead, we'll probably lose if we allow a convert to go through. If Fura is alive, we would still have a chance.

With dead Fura:
D4: 6-1(2 lives) lynch I
N4 6-1(1 life) kill shane, convert Rath/Drake w/iron
D5: 4-2(1 life + 2 lives) lynch I
N5: 4-1(2 lives) kill CadCom
D6: 3-1(2 lives) lynch C
N6: 3-1(1 life) kill Cicada
D7: 2-1(1 life) 50/50% chance, village wins if Cicada's redirect goes through, village loses if it doesn't

1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

If Fura is dead, we'll probably lose if we allow a convert to go through. If Fura is alive, we would still have a chance.

With dead Fura:
D4: 6-1(2 lives) lynch I
N4: 6-1(1 life) kill shane, convert Rath/Drake w/iron
D5: 4-2(1 life + 2 lives) lynch I
N5: 4-1(2 lives) kill CadCom
D6: 3-1(2 lives) lynch C
N6: 3-1(1 life) kill Cicada
D7: 2-1(1 life) 50/50% chance, village wins if Cicada's redirect goes through, village loses if it doesn't

Wait wait wait, first, where did this "dead Fura" talk come from? I see no dead Fura :ph34r:
Also, I don't think this is a loss for the village? Wait, there is a vote minimum... Why was I so convinced there was no vote min... So yeah, Inquizi-win.

But again, as there is no dead Fura, it will still end with a village win as long as you... *cough* *cough* I mean we don't mislynch.

1 hour ago, Rathmaskal said:

Fura - it's clear that Stick is an elim.  You must be too to vote for someone else!

I mean, Stick has been trying to tell you all game... :ph34r:

48 minutes ago, Furamirionind said:

But again, as there is no dead Fura, it will still end with a village win as long as you... *cough* *cough* I mean we don't mislynch.

I'm not sure how you survived if Rath didn't soothe a vote off you. There were three votes on you, and Drake only removed one. 

We do need to kill Stick, and CadCom can decide whether or not to prolong the game.

1 hour ago, Devotary of Spontaneity said:

I'm not sure how you survived if Rath didn't soothe a vote off you. There were three votes on you, and Drake only removed one. 

We do need to kill Stick, and CadCom can decide whether or not to prolong the game.

Rath technically never denied Soothing a vote off me... But given the state of the game, I think it will be more fun to actually role claim, vs hiding in a corner and hoping to win once Stick is dead.

Basically, I am Blind Informant (*cough* Hoid *cough*). Basically, I win if I remove Ruin (Lum (Totally Joe in Denial) ) from the game. This can only happen if 1 of 2 things happen.

1. Village-Hoid Dual win -- Destroy all of the Inquisitor's spikes, and the Inquisitor as well as any convert.
  2. Hoid single win ---------- Destroy Scadrial, aka kill everyone via lynch (or at least enter a 1-1-0)

To accomplish these, I have three abilities:

1. It takes a unanimous vote to lynch me for me to be lynched. (I can still be killed via NK)
  2. Once per cycle, I can manipulate a post that Lum makes during the night turn.
    1. N1 -- I had her say there are no secrets.
    2. N2 -- Forgot
    3. N3 -- Made it look like I only had 1 vote on me.
  3. Once per turn, I can target a player and say, assuming they are the Inquisitor, which spike I want to destroy. As I assume the spike Stick charged was Atium, I destroyed her Atium spike, which should basically prevent her converting all together if my guess was correct. I don't receive confirmation if it worked or not, but I am assuming the writeup was trustworthy, and that she never got to use her charged spike.

soooo... Does anyone want to try to go for the spike destruction wincon? : )
Stick should have 5 left...

D4: 7-1 (5 spikes) -lynch Stick
N4: 7-1 (3 spikes) -nk shane
D5: 6-1 (2 spikes) -no lynch
N5: 6-1 (1 spikes) -kill CadCom
D6: 5-1 (0 spikes) -lynch Stick
Village + Fura win!!!

Edit: Just reread my role PM, and apparently I can manipulate Coop's posts in thread too... But since that never happened, I never had to worry about that. Lol

Edited by Furamirionind

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of that claim. Feels weird, for a few reasons:

• You are claiming to possess one of Ruin's signature abilities (altering writing) and an alt win con to destroy the planet. That doesn't sound very Hoid-ish to me. There is also the fact that Blind Informant as a title doesn't really jive with your stated win conditions.
  • Wouldn't the death of the inquisitor result in the destruction of all the spikes they are holding? It would be kind of weird if it didn't. Moreover, if the game running its full course would make your win about as inevitable as the village's win, wouldn't the GMs just take that into account when prematurely ending the game?
  • I'm also kind of doubtful that the GMs would agree to claim the game has no secrets. Generally speaking, if you are running secrets, you put a disclaimer for that in signups, or in the least you don't promise that there are no secrets.

I don't suppose you are making this up in order to keep the game interesting?

1 minute ago, DrakeMarshmallow said:

Yeah, I'm not sure what to make of that claim. Feels weird, for a few reasons:

Hmm?

1 minute ago, DrakeMarshmallow said:
  • You are claiming to possess one of Ruin's signature abilities (altering writing) and an alt win con to destroy the planet. That doesn't sound very Hoid-ish to me. There is also the fact that Blind Informant as a title doesn't really jive with your stated win conditions.

Well, the actual wincon, like I mentioned, is to remove Ruin's influence in the Cosmere. Idk what to say about the altering writing thing... You are right. The only thing I can think of as a response is that Hoid deals in information, which is what the writeups are. As for destroying a planet... That doesn't sound Hoidlike to you? I'm pretty sure he litterally says that in SA somewhere...

7 minutes ago, DrakeMarshmallow said:
  • Wouldn't the death of the inquisitor result in the destruction of all the spikes they are holding? It would be kind of weird if it didn't. Moreover, if the game running its full course would make your win about as inevitable as the village's win, wouldn't the GMs just take that into account when prematurely ending the game?

Nope. If the inquisitor dies, only spikes they were spiked with are destroyed. I asked. : (
Yeah, well... Lum told me in our PM she forgot about my role when she posted that. By that time though, I had already decided to roleclaim, so it doesn't matter anyways.

10 minutes ago, DrakeMarshmallow said:

I'm also kind of doubtful that the GMs would agree to claim the game has no secrets. Generally speaking, if you are running secrets, you put a disclaimer for that in signups, or in the least you don't promise that there are no secrets.

Hmm... Well, you'll have to ask Lum about that.

11 minutes ago, DrakeMarshmallow said:

I don't suppose you are making this up in order to keep the game interesting?

I already mentioned, I didn't have to roleclaim. Alternatively, I could hide in a corner and hope to get all of you lynched first to get my win. However, that didn't sound fun to me, so I'm going with this method instead.

27 minutes ago, _Stick_ said:

As much as I love Fura’s very true role claim, I think the game should’ve ended after D3 :P so my vote’s on concluding the game. 

It is incredibly true : P

Well, I'm no Aman. xD

Edit:

Oh, and with that I vote to conclude the game as well. (I'll edit in colour once I'm at a computer)

Edited by Furamirionind

Tom was glad that he had a duty now, at least. Because otherwise, he would have spent the day brooding about his old job, and about how the world was sort of like, oh I don't know, ending?

But then, he had discovered that he could burn atium. That instantly put him in the position of the village's bodyguard. That was pretty cool. Tom felt a small sense of accomplishment when he fought off the Inquisitor again, and again, and got closer each time to winning. This battle, though... something was wrong. Tom realized that his supply of atium was running out, and that there was no way he could kill the Inquisitor before that happened.

And then.
He sucked in the mists. Somehow, the mists gave Tom the power to continue and keep on fighting and... more atium? The more he would burn, the more it seemed he had remaining. When the Inquisitor lunged, Tom instinctively found the perfect parry and counterattack. They spun together in the mists, and finally, without quite knowing what was going on, Tom became the mists. 

Floating in the everywhere and nowhere at once, Tom knew... everything. He saw into the distance and into the far depths of time. More importantly, though, he knew exactly what he needed to do to put the Inquisitor's life to an end.

In a deep, booming voice, Tom spoke as the wind in the Inquisitor's ear:
"YOU ARE A STICK."
"No!" The Inquisitor screamed. "I am the Inquisitor! And these are my spikes!" She waved her spikes menacingly toward the direction of the voice.
"YOU ARE A STICK."
"YOU ARE A STICK."
"YOU ARE A STICK."
"YOU ARE A STICK."
"YOU ARE A STICK."
"YOU ARE A STICK."
"YOU ARE A STICK."
"YOU ARE A STICK."
"YOU ARE A STICK."
"YOU ARE A ST-"
And just like that, the newly ascended Preservation realized his plan. A chunk of Investiture spontaneously appeared from Roshar, answering the call, and letting Tom harness the powers of Soulcasting. Don't ask me how that would realistically work. It probably wouldn't. But in this hypothetical universe, it somehow happened.

The scary, powerful, menacing Inquisitor convinced herself that she was indeed a stick.

LG59 is over! Thank you to everyone for playing, and congratulations to the village for their victory. :D 

I have so many people to thank. I'll start off with @Coop772 for his help with GMing and @Alvron for being the IM. @Elbereth, @Fifth Scholar, and @Devotary of Spontaneity were invaluable in helping me balance and edit the rules of my first game. @Haelbarde and @Burnt Spaghetti, among others in the Discord, came up with some awesome titles (some of which I used), and @Butt Ad Venture even wrote a writeup for me. In addition to that, every single one of you signed up despite this being an incredibly busy time of the year, and I'm so grateful for all of the people who played or spectated for taking the time to do so.

@_Stick_, it was super fun having you in the elim doc. Despite not having converts, it never got lonely in there. @Snipexe, thank you for being lynched Day 1 and tolerating it :) @Cicada, I hope you enjoyed your first game and that you'll stick around.

Now for the fun part:
Dead doc https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EPZPG_kSbI4mo57P7OxGxWK0wUcprgyS2igf-LURUCM/edit#

Elim doc https://docs.google.com/document/d/1dKK9PHPl3sCRtmQyQpdRvQuctZemTlsC3zwcWnOEBLU/edit#
GM spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1knOYaTGMjiT0sA-IPopxXSTn5mV00V3pvrqA5K1SZSw/edit#gid=0
Rules https://docs.google.com/document/d/1laraq97vMiiOxzlt9opQRi6mXJTzfAobBNFo8jEEwAs/edit

Alright, I'll post GM thoughts and stuff on how I might change this game in a later post, as I have to get to class. :P Again, well played everyone!

Edited by Lumgol
fixed the mentions