Khriss ,hoid and Lerasium

Friendshipspren

Question

So why did khriss immediately want to leave as soon as she heard hoid had stolen a bead of Lerasium . She told kelsier she was leaving anyway but she was literally just sitting drinking tea and chatting but as soon as she heard those words from kelsier she wanted to run away. Why exactly was she so afraid ? I mean Ruin was free , preservation was dying and yet she was unfazed but this little tidbit sent her fleeing. Also from what I have seen in stormlight hoid isn't really a bad guy. Sure it's a matter of perspective and hoid himself warns others about himself but still... 

Also it's mentioned on the copper mind that hoid respects khriss 

2 answers to this question

I don't know exactly why she's upset that Hoid got the lerasium, but her leaving was because she didn't want to be caught in the final cataclysm.

“This isn’t because of what you just told us,” she said, rising and waving for Nazh to help gather their things. “We were leaving anyway. This planet is dying; as much as I wish to witness the death of a Shard, I don’t dare risk doing it from up close. We’ll observe from afar.”

It might be that Khriss was hoping to get the lerasium herself, and since Hoid had already taken it, there was no more reason for her to hang around so close?

13 hours ago, RShara said:

It might be that Khriss was hoping to get the lerasium herself, and since Hoid had already taken it, there was no more reason for her to hang around so close?

Oh right. I hadn't even thought about it. But still there could have been other beads. Hoid left one , which elend used and it's possible leras originally made 16 and a few are still out there. Of course it would have been impossible to find them while the world was ending . Thanks.