Lord ruler and nalthis

Friendshipspren

Question

So we know Rashek was aware of other shard world's , what would have happened if he had visited nalthis and either bullied or threatened ppl to give breath or used his power to see them and fool then into giving thier breath to him as tribute or simply bought breaths with gold mined from the final empire or some thing else like . Could he have accepted the breaths or is it only limited to the nalthisians ? Would endowment kick him out ? Had he succeeded and stopped depending upon atium compounding and grown free from ruin , would he overtime, over the centuries have become a better ruler. Preservations influence woulddy would have left him averse to change and progress but still .....

4 answers to this question

Anyone can receive Breath because it automatically keys itself to your Identity and gives you the means to use it. For example, we've known for some time that Hoid has Breath (he mentions to Kaladin that tuning his instruments became much easier with perfect pitch) and we see him Awakening a doll in the epilogue to Oathbringer.

Rashek would probably never be free from Ruin because it's not the atium compounding that gave Ruin his influence; he generally works through people with hemalurgic spikes but he can speak to people without them, it's just harder to get through and he can't directly control them. See Vin's mother for an example of an unspiked individual he was able to manipulate.

Edited by Weltall

He was marginally aware of the cosmere, but he didn't have a lot of time to explore outward while he held the power of the Well. He only had a few minutes and was mostly occupied with Scadrial.

Yes anyone can receive Breath and then use it to Awaken or whatever.

I doubt Endowment would care either way.

Rashek was a raging racist and murderer before he took up the power of the Well and became TLR. I doubt he'd ever get any better than that.

13 hours ago, Weltall said:

Anyone can receive Breath because it automatically keys itself to your Identity and gives you the means to use it. For example, we've known for some time that Hoid has Breath (he mentions to Kaladin that tuning his instruments became much easier with perfect pitch) and we see him Awakening a doll in the epilogue to Oathbringer.

Rashek would probably never be free from Ruin because it's not the atium compounding that gave Ruin his influence; he generally works through people with hemalurgic spikes but he can speak to people without them, it's just harder to get through and he can't directly control them. See Vin's mother for an example of an unspiked individual he was able to manipulate.

But vin's mom was mentally unstable . So was Zane and that's how ruin was able to get Zane spiked of his own volition. 

I don't think rashek was mentally unstable. Neither did he have any hemalurgic spikes. He didn't have any right ? I mean , he would know better. Or was it that ruin concertrated on one individual and hence was able to talk to rashek without hemalurgy.

I always thought ruin was able to talk to rashek cause the atium in his bracelet even if it were hemalurgically uncharged , still was ruins essence and hence acted as a conduit. Sazed even says ppl burning atium are better killers since they are Connected to ruin.

Edited by PrinceGenocide

Many good rulers have been terrible people by contemporary standards. I mean , dalinar is almost the same . He even believes in eye color hierarchy a bit. 

Besides ppl change , look at vasher. He started the many war but ended it too. I'm sure the Lord ruler could have been better if it wasn't for the atium skin piercing bracelet and ruin.

Even if he didn't change , u can't deny that ruin torturing him made him worse.

13 hours ago, RShara said:

He was marginally aware of the cosmere, but he didn't have a lot of time to explore outward while he held the power of the Well. He only had a few minutes and was mostly occupied with Scadrial.

Yes anyone can receive Breath and then use it to Awaken or whatever.

I doubt Endowment would care either way.

Rashek was a raging racist and murderer before he took up the power of the Well and became TLR. I doubt he'd ever get any better than that.