Wayne has a disease?

Jamahu

I am rereading Shadows Of Self, and noticed a line in chapter 5 where Wayne heals away his hangover when talking to Allriandre - it said that his sniffles would return because it was hard to heal diseases for some reason.  Is there mention of Wayne having a disease anywhere else in the series?  I don’t remember this.

The common cold is a disease though. :P But yeah, the thing is that when a Bloodmaker is storing health, everything to do with the body's ability to repair itself is reduced and that means a compromised immune system as well as healing from injuries at a slower rate. Since he's already gotten sick, just stopping the storing process won't heal anything he's caught and he'd have to actually use stored health to recover from it, which would kind of defeat the purpose of the storing.

14 minutes ago, Weltall said:

Since he's already gotten sick, just stopping the storing process won't heal anything he's caught and he'd have to actually use stored health to recover from it, which would kind of defeat the purpose of the storing.

In this case, though, he is using stored health to “heal” from being drunk.  And it takes away the sniffles, but doesn’t cure the cold. Is that just because he didn’t tap enough health for a full healing?

10 hours ago, Jamahu said:

In this case, though, he is using stored health to “heal” from being drunk.  And it takes away the sniffles, but doesn’t cure the cold. Is that just because he didn’t tap enough health for a full healing?

Because poison is so much easier to heal than a disease he likely just didn’t tap enough to totally heal, so yes. But between or Wayne POV and Miles POV I think it’s safe to say that when a bloodmaker taps health they get a sort of “high” that would account for the relieved symptoms.

Edited by Truthwatcher_17.5

• 2 weeks later...
  • Chaos locked this topic